Community Question: What is your favourite unique?

It's... it's just super.

It's available right in that level range where a character might start thinking about an upgrade to their chest armour.
It has solid bonuses to armour and energy shield as well as that massive slab of cold resistance.

And as a confessed cold-damage addict, that extra 50% chill duration is kinda nifty.

Not to mention the Cannot be chilled; who here doesn't love being immune to chilling ground?
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon

For me that's the best unique in ANY aRPG game i've ever played ( and trust me i've played them all ).
The idea behind it is just awesome! It utilizes the unarmed attack animation - something that aways exist in such games but is never used ( tho in some games the fist weapon types use that animation ). It's a unique that on it's own creates a whole new type of builds which are cheap, relevant and viable.
The unique is well balanced and not overpowered it any way and it's easy to get one since it drops often ( exactly what every build enabling unique should do ).
Not to mention that it has awesome flow throughout the entire game. You can wear it almost from the very beginning and use it up to level 100 and your character will gradually become stronger and stronger with each level.
And of course it gives you the one weapon effect that you need (because it's awesome) - extra gore!

If i'm to point out a flaw in the design of this item ... that should be the 60% global crit multiplier. Since unarmed attacks can't crit at all this mod is rather useless in this unique. My guess is that when it was created by Brother Laz ( the creator of one the cool D2 mods ( and yes i've done them all ) ) he simply didn't know that unarmed attacks can't crit.

My second favorite unique is this one:

The idea behind it is just insane! A weapon that makes a good use of the thousands of attribute points you end-up with, a weapon that actually makes those points something more than just a "boring item/gem requirement", a weapon that progresses with you, a weapon that has cool "lore" behind it which actually connects with what the weapon does... Yes, it does all that!

My problem with this unique is that it is underpowered at the moment. At high levels it is easily surpassed by cheap rare/unique 2h weapons ... weapons that do the same job in a different but more effective way.

I really hope that this item gets some love in the near future because it surely deserves it!
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Feb 24, 2015, 10:13:02 AM
"
Tempada wrote:
I don't have a singular favorite, but the standouts:

Tabula Rasa (ignore the corrupted stat). This is one of the first "expensive" items that new players should invest in. It allows you to try any gem combo you want, and it's the cheapest 6L you're going to find.

Alpha's Howl. This is hands-down my favorite helm in the game. It's so versatile and it enables many builds. Can't reach another reduced mana reservation node with your tree? Pop this baby on and squeeze in another aura. The "+2 to level of socketed aura gems" and "cannot be frozen" mods are icing on the cake. Oh, and the evasion rating is quite good.

Dreamfeather. Although incredibly limited in its current state, the flavor of this weapon is perfect. Increase your defenses while increasing damage? Yes, please. I can't wait to see the 3D art.

Queen of the Forest. Decent resists and life, a high evasion rating, and a crazy potential speed bonus can make this chest a pure joy to use. Seriously, speed is everything. The synergy with Dreamfeather is fun too.

Carcass Jack. An extremely versatile chest that increases AoE range and damage. I'm not a fan of the art, but who cares when the stats are so useful?

Incandescent Heart. An underrated chest, probably because it has low ES, makes people scratch their heads with its life mod, requires a decent investment to make worthwhile (CI or high chaos resist), and the current meta often focuses on killing things fast over stacking defenses. The 25% of elemental damage taken as chaos damage mod is just amazing for tank builds. Has anyone made an endgame worthy build that pairs this with Darkscorn?

I didn't want to like this item. It seems so basic, you can get more damage out of a wand and shield... But the increase to mana is so useful for running a high level Arctic Armour on minimum investment (even without Eldritch Battery), and it works very well with Cloak of Defiance, if that's your thing (Cloak doesn't make my list because I rarely find its defenses worth stacking so much mana on the tree and sacrificing an extra aura or two for). Pledge is a relevant and solid build-enabler. I don't see that changing any time soon. It's also the most badass looking staff we have.

love the detail put into this, good job! :D
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
"
love the detail put into this, good job! :D

Sure thing. I enjoy threads like this. Korgoth makes some great points too!
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Lemme scroll through my 4 tabs of uniques I never touch (hue)

Item #1
Spoiler

Don't mind the legacy status, even after that, it's still just as good.

I was a fan of arctic armour, but mana was ALWAYS an issue, ESPECIALLY For an incinerator. This just beefs up the mana pool, and a defense that would otherwise require 15 points to get to. With an already high mana regen rate, may as well get another layer of defense.

Don't mind the fireball in there. I was trying some random fireball piercing projectile build thing.

Item #2
Spoiler

I, too, like to be on fire. While gaining massive attack/cast speed steroids. This works pretty damn well with a righteous fire incinerator build, since you're already resistant to fire to the point that fire does practically NOTHING to you (unless Crematorium Fire Fury, then it might do something)

Item #3
Spoiler

A somewhat underrated unique. Mose people can't see the MASSIVE application of this item. If you think about it, if 6 people wear this, that means (after calculations), every player within aura range gets 85% increased GLOBAL damage. Otherwise it's just another aura to slap on an aura bot.

Item #4
Spoiler

Don't mind legacy status :D

BLOCK DAGGERS MAN. These daggers made max block for dual wielding easy and early. I still love them for the leveling aspect of these daggers, but can totally have end game potential.

Item #5
Spoiler

COMPLETELY underrated item. If I ever get a chance to 5 link or 6 link this, I'd build around this for the fireball build thing I was talking about.

Item #6
Spoiler

BECAUSE SCIENCE
Even after the block nerf, it still have plenty of potential for end game viability. Not many items have spell block. I still have these because of the corrupted mods on them except for one.

Item #7 (LAST ONE OKAY?)
Spoiler

Super underrated shield. I plan to use this for a MAX BLOCK (Yeah that's right, gonna get max block back) build. Only shield I know that has physical damage while giving defense. UP to 20% all res, 120% spell block on low life (GTFO card). Defenses are a little low for a shield, but with the max block tree, it CAN increased by 570%. So that's about 1k defenses.
Unique Map Making~

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1174961

I like music. Do you like music? Cause I sure as hell like a lot of random music.

i clear 78 maps with this. it is HUGELY underrated

probably one of THE BEST designed items in all ARPG's ive played so far. and i remember Amiga times..
"
crystalwitch wrote:

It's... it's just super.

It's available right in that level range where a character might start thinking about an upgrade to their chest armour.
It has solid bonuses to armour and energy shield as well as that massive slab of cold resistance.

And as a confessed cold-damage addict, that extra 50% chill duration is kinda nifty.

Not to mention the Cannot be chilled; who here doesn't love being immune to chilling ground?

This chest is extremely underrated imo.

It allows

1) EB at early levels giving a massive mana base at that stage, allows you to scale up arctic armor very early providing what can only be considered "sick" defenses.

2) going CI early in the game, the cannot be chilled tops it off, but it's more about the flat ES being so high so early in the game, nothing compares to it.

Peace,

-Boem-

(i like a lot of unique's and i don't have favorites, imo all serve a purpose and i always find a place or time to give one a purpose)
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes

lately

It just looks freaking cool. When I first started playing, it was the only unique I REALLY wanted and when it dropped in Lunaris 2 for me I was completely hooked.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
"
Tempada wrote:

Incandescent Heart. An underrated chest, probably because it has low ES, makes people scratch their heads with its life mod, requires a decent investment to make worthwhile (CI or high chaos resist), and the current meta often focuses on killing things fast over stacking defenses. The 25% of elemental damage taken as chaos damage mod is just amazing for tank builds. Has anyone made an endgame worthy build that pairs this with Darkscorn?

I guess I will drop spoiler

I am currently leveling EK CI that I plan to use Darkscorn, Incandescent Heart, Soul Strike, Ming's Heart

Wish me luck
I need a signature to look legit

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info