Newbie overwhelmed with the complexity of PoE

Wait, how do I get power charges with only those 4 Gems?! I'm confused^^

Here's my current setup. If anyone feels like telling me what to change and what to get, feel free. You are much appreciated!

But remember: my budget is just about 40c =)

Thanks in advance, you're a great help!
Imo using Tabula with Pcoc = Fail because you could just use a 5linked volls at that point and gain more stats
"
ItsRay wrote:
Imo using Tabula with Pcoc = Fail because you could just use a 5linked volls at that point and gain more stats

You really only gain three stats:
+~60 ES
+~200 Armour
50% Reduced Maximum Mana

200 Armour is not nearly as important as not suffering 50% Reduced Max Mana, and the cheapo 110% Mana Multiplier on PCoC is probably not as harsh either. It's an additive multiplier, sure, but it's still really noticable.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Feb 24, 2015, 9:50:16 AM
Besides, this would pretty much consume all my funds and not net me (as far as i can tell) really that many stats.

I started watching some guides and, as far as I understood, it seems that I'm supposed to get Life and Resists on as much items as possible with the exception of my wand and my jewlery. Is that correct so far? If yes, how do i manage to not have huge mana problems?
"
BundesHeinz wrote:
Besides, this would pretty much consume all my funds and not net me (as far as i can tell) really that many stats.

I started watching some guides and, as far as I understood, it seems that I'm supposed to get Life and Resists on as much items as possible with the exception of my wand and my jewlery. Is that correct so far? If yes, how do i manage to not have huge mana problems?

Mana can be tackled in a few ways as a caster. There are some very good mana nodes at the start of the witch and templar area and a great one in the upper left of witch. The templar mana reduction nodes are fairly powerful. The eldeitch battery keystone converts energy shield to mana. If you are not relying on es, this is a very powerful mana source. The clarity aura is pretty standard, and discipline can be paired with eldritch battery to great success. Mana regen can be found on many pieces of gear and is a common stat on jewelry and wands. Flat mana is also quite common. The intelligence stat converts to mana at a 50% rate as well. The warlords mark curse will allow leach but I would use this more as a last resort as curse can be very powerful for offense and defense rather than utility. Hope this helps!
Last edited by BackwoodsS on Feb 24, 2015, 11:09:14 AM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
ItsRay wrote:

You really only gain three stats:
+~60 ES
+~200 Armour
50% Reduced Maximum Mana

200 Armour is not nearly as important as not suffering 50% Reduced Max Mana, and the cheapo 110% Mana Multiplier on PCoC is probably not as harsh either. It's an additive multiplier, sure, but it's still really noticable.

you also forgot the 100% chance of getting power charges on volls. Thats 55% more ! Thats more than double Thats over 100% oh my god these numbers are so high
Which is inconsequential because PCoC alone is enough to keep you capped out. So whatever. :/
One more difference btw: Voll's Protector generates one Power Charge for every Crit Hit you land - PCoC is limited to 1 Power Charge per Skill activation.
Well, i really thing there are more glaring holes in my equipment than my chest armor, which seems to be halfway decent. My jewelery for instance. Which is also the equipment part I find most confusing. What stats on amulet and rings should I be trying to get if I don't plan to spend more than 1-3 Chaos each?
The usual, life (or ES) and resists. Jewelry doesn't have sockets so you have the most freedom with it and it's often used to equalize your resists in case some is dominant and others are lacking.

Other than that, you may want leech (if physical attacker), weapon elemental damage (if ele attacker), accuracy, base stats (usually DEX for witches or INT for other chars), mana and mana regen...
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
So I'll be looking for diamond rings with resists and life. Got it. What about the amulet? Amulets seem to be a great source of damage. What should I go for in a crit arc build?

Also, the unique wand Moonsorrow looks really good for arc at the first glance, even though it lacks crit stats. Do I ever want to get one or are the good looks deceptive?

Thanks again you guys, I really feel like I'm starting to get a hold of everything^^

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info