Merciless more like Senseless

"
Cilicis wrote:
Just finished act 1 of merciless without incident. Thx, all the advise and tips have paid of.

*high-five*

Keep on learning, it will only get easier once you get a solid grasp on the content :).

But above all, enjoy yourself even with the little bumps on the road.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
johnKeys wrote:
there wouldn't be a wall, if the game had actual gear progression.
but GGG want people to hit walls head-first, until they learn to go to the market and buy some TNT.

Stop with this nonsense. There's absolutely zero need in buying any gear from other players in order to beat the main game and do maps.

"Gear progression" (as in most games, which tend to hold your hand throughout the story) is shitty and boring thing to have. Before FM gear issues could hold you from progressing through A1M, but that could be counter-played by adapting your passive-tree/gear, as of now with Forsaken Masters gear issues shouldn't be a problem, if one understands how to balance it. Lets not forget that passive tree can help with resistances, not as well as old tree though.
"I accept Nujabes as my Savior."
Last edited by 1988288 on Mar 4, 2015, 10:24:17 AM
for fuck's sake: gear progression is not hand-holding.
nor is it "anti-hardcore", "care-bear", "casual" or any other kind of "insult" you can throw at it.
gear progression is an integral part of RPG. it is part of the very definition of what an "RPG" is.
always was.
more than RNG in fact, and RNG is an integral part of modern RPGs too.
btw there are implementations of RNG, which are not designed to fuck with your sanity.
strange, I know.

so now that we got this out of the way, yes - it is theoretically possible to beat most content solo-self-found. yes, even in Hardcore (although I didn't yet). and yes, Masters help quite a bit even though leveling them solo is a fkn grindfest out of the fkn Fifth Circle Of Hell. at least we got up from the Ninth Circle that mapping in Open Beta could be.

but the core aim of GGG's design remained the same:
unless you posses an unlimited amount of free time, a super-natural ability to repeat the same thing over and over again on a magnitude Korea's greatest MMOs would be proud of, and fkn nerves of steel that allow you to not smash your head into the fkn keyboard after getting white 1-socket trash and/or a rare with tier 9000 rolls, after beating the craziest fkn thing you could beat, for the thousandth fkn time ---> you really should TRADE.

now I hope I convinced you why I'm 100% positive the game is trade-centred.
and even if I didn't well, I don't fkn care any more.
too tired and frustrated to get into this argument again.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Mar 4, 2015, 1:52:33 PM
It's not really trade centered but rather that it is common sense to want to trade to get the gear you want for a specific build. This is mainly in regards to builds that want to use specific uniques, because yes, it is unlikely you'll self find what you need. But as for rare gear, it isn't too unlikely to find something decent and then add some mod it's missing via master crafting.

You are constantly against doing common sense things like trading, then you complain the game is too hard. You've been playing for so long but your posts make you sound like you just started the game this week.
@Emil_kof,

contrary to some, I'm not ashamed to admit there are still things in the game I don't know, and still things I didn't get to experience yet. in fact, I'm proud of it.
"posts make me sound new"? how you are reading them, then?
I could go into detail how much of the online documentation about the game and its mechanics, was contributed by in-game friends of mine and myself, but I'll save you the "oh shit" moment.

I am a casual weekend-player nowadays, and the game sure did change a lot since I last no-lifed it back in Open Beta - but it hardly changed for the better in aspects which I and many others complained about back then, and are still complaining now.

as for "common sense", that actually made me laugh.
yeah, trading is "common sense" in Path Of Exile.
pretty much as breathing is "common sense" when alive.

I'm not complaining the game is "too hard". I actually want it to - surprise - be more challenging.
I'm complaining mostly about how it's designed to frustrate the fuck out of you with bullshit RNG instead of risk/reward-RNG and challenge-based progression.
about gear-check-based difficulty to augment said bullshit trade-centred design, instead of good AI and monster synergies, and about GGG not doing a damn thing for fkn YEARS to make the game run smoother, be more stable and less kicking players in the balls for losing a fkn net packet.

that's what I'm complaining about.
I love this game and I want this game to be better like it damn sure deserves to be, while GGG's focus seems to be on making it moar shiny while leaving the crap untouched and well hidden, under all the fresh new paint coats.
Last edited by johnKeys on Mar 4, 2015, 5:15:11 PM
Past Piety, without deaths, ok besides 3 times cause I was paying more attention to girl next door than game. Did put a add chaos damage to the arc, I know all said it was not good idea, but personaly I like the faster killing of the lightning or element resistant. I use blood magic, I regen way faster than I use.

Brings me to first Question what is average HP regen you strife for?

I found pair of gloves with 63% life leech increase, I equiped them but at the arc icon the life leech % didn't increase.
"
Cilicis wrote:
I found pair of gloves with 63% life leech increase
"found"? maybe you meant "bought from Vorici"? I don't think there is such mod in random mods pool.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
No, not "theoretically", but it's very well possible and has been done for multiple, MULTIPLE times. It's not a surprise that you haven't done it though. But that aside - masters solo do not require much of grinding, as all your needed stuff is at lvl 3-6, and they are not hard to achieve.

John, instead of derailing every single thread you're posting in, how about you make one of your own about risk-reward - how it should work, why it is better, how it is more just, and how the algorithm cannot be exploited. Too many questions arise when looking at such system, but you just keep spouting RISK-REWARD IS TEH BEST EVER, BECAUSE I SAY SO!

Oh right, the games doesn't require hundreds of hours to do well from very beginning to mid-mapping. It's not a rocket science, all it requires is some basic PoE knowledge and build that doesn't blow. Who would've guess that it's THAT easy? Though it might take some time for a folk like you, for who it takes 2 years to get to 71 maps.
"I accept Nujabes as my Savior."
Last edited by 1988288 on Mar 5, 2015, 5:04:02 AM
I know you are trying to get on my nerves, 1988288.
otherwise you'd actually bother using the convenient Forum Search feature, to dig up any of the multiple walls-of-text threads I wrote about the loot, RNG and whatnot.
yes, suggestions included. detailed ones. both mine, and aggregations of ones made by many other people GGG gave absolutely zero fucks about. most of them aren't here anymore.

but I understand you aren't the researching type.
because if you were, you wouldn't write fkn stupid shit like "took you 2 years to get to 71 maps" to begin with.

well I'm not playing along with this bullshit, this time.

the only correct thing in your entire post, is me derailing the thread where OP is asking for legitimate help surviving Merciless.
I apologize for that, Cilicis.
I'm here if you need any tips for finishing Act 3, and early mapping.
"
Cilicis wrote:
Just finished act 1 of merciless without incident. Thx, all the advise and tips have paid of.

That's the spirit. Maybe someone already mentioned, but:

3 flask affix you absolutely need in Merc (or already in Cruel, if you play HC):

1.) of stauchning - removes bleeding that some mobs cause on hit & corrupted blood stacks
2.) of heat - to counter the freeze on strongboxes (highly deadly situation)
3.) of warding - removes curses, grants curse immunity for a short period. The most important one. Be sure to roll this one on a flask that gives a fixed duration, ie. not on health or mana flasks. Sadly this one is the hardest to roll, so you'll waste some stacks of alterations.

Besides this, it's very good to have one Bubbling or Seething health flask, for fast health recovery in case of spike damage.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info