Merciless more like Senseless

Game was fun first 2 runs started Merciless and all fun is gone. Monsters only need to hit you once and you're death. Fail to see what is supossed to be fun about constantly dying when ever a monster gets 1 hit in. Okay it the next difficulty level so the monsters have a higher level but that isn't it, they are the same as they were at end of act 3 of cruel but at end of act 3 cruel I didn't die. You didn't make the monsters harder you made the characters weaker, took away the defenses, normaly game would compensate with better gear. But gear is the same, all the same max values as they have when you start at lvl 1.

Yeah having so much fun now, NOT
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
The Merciless Wall is a common affliction for players - feel free to post your build/gear in here or Gameplay help and grab some advice.

It is usually something simple, quick and cheap to fix. Failing that, PM someone like me in the game and we can usually help out with some leveling runs or gear.

Because of the higher mob density and more diverse packs, Merciless is a hell of a lot of fun once you get rolling. Don't write it off just yet :)
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
The first time you get to Merciless, it can spank you pretty hard if you aren't prepared. The game takes off the kid gloves for the first time and monsters do substantially more damage. You are also suffering from pretty hefty resistance penalties. As you stated also, it can be harder to keep your gear up to date.

Post your build and gear, as was stated, and I am sure we can help you out.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
It is perfectly normal to have an extremely hard time in merciless on your very first character sir.

The key is to keep on going and learn what it is exactly that is failing you on that character.

Learn from your mistakes and keep on pushing. Like nait says, you can post your gear and play-style and community members can help you out if need be.

Peace,

-Boem-

(i would suggest, posting this in "gameplay help", that section is notorious for people helping in these kinds of situations )
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Thx for the positive response. Maybe it has been a bit to easy up to now, could ussually run trough any map killing all with ease, except for some special monsters. Made me bit careless.

Am at the last part of act 1 now. died only 3 times. Better than the 30 times before.

Maybe tip, add 5 or so to the lvl of the monsters that way poeple will be less likely to expect the same monster as they did in act 3 cruel.
Could being a witch and not do any melee make it harder? On the weapons only the melee damage goes up with levels, magic damage from gear stays the same.
Based on that question, I think its a really good idea to post your passive tree and gear in Gameplay help so we can have a look.

I'm leveling an Incinerator at the moment and could use some company in Act 2 if you want to join in.

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Post it how? Like a printscreen?

Sorry missed your act 2 post was out with the dog.
At the top left of this forum screen you should see your character.

Click it and a window will pop out, there you can click on the passive tree which will redirect you to it.

Then you can copy paste the url so we can view it and give tips.

You can also links your items in a post, after clicking your hero in the top left, press CTRL + item to link it in a post.

like this

and like this.

(i used the spoiler button on this one and the used the url button, then pasted the link in between those)

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Start a post then just click on your character portrait at the top of the forum screen and you can then click on your gear in your inventory screen, that will dump it straight into the forum post.

You can link your tree by clicking on your potrait after posting your gear, then clicking on Passive Tree tab in the screen that pops up, then copy and paste the URL into your post.

:)

EDIT: Oh damn you Boem! Beat me to it! I'm going to go and have a tantrum!

Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Feb 23, 2015, 4:33:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info