Search option for Stash

I'm sure a lot of people already asked for it, but it hasn't been done.

A lot of your income is generated by stash tab sales, so it would make sense to make a search option to help out people (like me) who has a lot of stuff in multiple tabs. There are people who have more than 50+tabs. I have 9 "only" but I'm already wasting a lot of time perusing them.
Can't imagine what it's like to have 50+ tabs and to have them search trough each for ab item.
Sure you could buy colored tabs with any nametag you choose,but they're rather expensive. Also people rather buy cosmetic micro's for character looks than stash tab cosmetics.

This feature won't decrease the sale on premium stash tabs. I think it would rather increase them as well as normal stash tab sales.

Think about it: People play the game-->collect valuable loot-->tabs fill up-->they buy more tab's.
If they spend more time searching their tabs than playing that means less loot, which leads to less stash tab sales. Less money for GGG.

Plus people who can afford and like it will always buy premium stash tabs period.

What do you guys think?
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
So what exactly do you want to add to the keyword filter? Directly jumping to an item instead of having to flip through tabs to look for the highlighted stuff?
Prior planning prevents piss poor performance.

If you don't manage your stash you have to deal with the clutter.

I keep mine organized for a reason.

"
Natharias wrote:
If you don't manage your stash you have to deal with the clutter.

I keep mine organized for a reason.

This.
would make it possible to search for items for the alch recipe without using procurement.

edit: and while the title already fits: there is the search option ilvl:X but no ilvl>X and ilvl<X.

would be nce to have, for example if i have a collection of white jewelery from several runs, i just want to transmute the items < ilevel 77 and alch the rest. without doing /itemlevel on every item.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Feb 23, 2015, 2:57:31 AM
@ Natharias: It's hard to keep stuff organized when you have all your tabs full. I even have all the item sockets stucked with gems because I can't put them anywhere else. I don't want to spend on stash tabs before I get a new job, because I have to keep money spending to the minimum essentials. PoE is not essential to living. Guess I don't have to explain it further.

I'm just gueesing that I'm not the only one out there with bad financials or we wouldn't have threads with people asking the devs to tone down system requirements, be able to turn off particles, etc. They would just buy a better PC/Laptop and get better internet connection.

Just think about it: What would you do if you were using a software for work that deals with lots of data and didn't have a search function. You would call it a piece of cr*p and buy another software that has one. Unfortunately PoE hasn't got a better alternative or I would be playing with that game instead of writing this post.

FYI: I always kept my tabs neat and uncluttered before.

Minus it all you want, this feature is needed.

@Alysma: Yes I want it to directly jump to the item. Most of the time I know what I'm searching for just can't see it in the clutter. Highlighting doesn't help if you don't know what you'll be needing beforehand.
"
Peterking72 wrote:
It's hard to keep stuff organized when you have all your tabs full. I even have all the item sockets stucked with gems because I can't put them anywhere else.

Then you need to buy more tabs. I only ever keep four copies of any gem since I won't need many of them. No point in having 200 21/20 reduced mana gems if I can just swap four of them between characters as desired. Saves currency and space.

The same goes for all other items. I'm not going to keep more than four or five types of each type of armor of the highest level. And no, I wouldn't keep anything below level 60 since there are uniques that can help you level far faster and more efficiently. I've found Wanderlust to suffice for just about all builds up until at least level 60. (unless you change to Blood Magic or CI sooner, in which case that's a specific but rare scenario)

And it would take maybe 30 tabs to fit all of that rare gear, and no more than five tabs to fit all of the gems if you keep four of each type and don't keep them on characters. All in all I'd say fourty stash tabs should hold more than everything you need.

"
Peterking72 wrote:
I'm just gueesing that I'm not the only one out there with bad financials or we wouldn't have threads with people asking the devs to tone down system requirements, be able to turn off particles, etc. They would just buy a better PC/Laptop and get better internet connection.

I do agree that graphics should be totally up to us. Look at Mjolner, even the best computers can't handle a rainbow nuke variant. And most cases getting a load of crits for CoC very quickly can lead to some stuttering too.

But keep in mind most of those threads are from people who play F2P games, and not the pay to play or subscription based games. PoE can be played by anyone, so most of those threads are ignored outright.

"
Peterking72 wrote:
Just think about it: What would you do if you were using a software for work that deals with lots of data and didn't have a search function. You would call it a piece of cr*p and buy another software that has one. Unfortunately PoE hasn't got a better alternative or I would be playing with that game instead of writing this post.

The only thing I can think of that would be better is a list-version inventory/stash instead of a traditional inventory. Much like in Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Skyrim, Oblivion, Fallout 3, Mass Effect, and so on. Though this takes away from the Tetris that GGG may want and would be harder to balance.

But thinking again, items can be assigned weight and that slows you down. This would make players want to enter maps empty (save for wisdoms) and clear it entirely, then pick up items. But if you do that and die, you have lost an entire portal without loot.

I'mma make a thread about that and just put it out there. Don't really care how it is taken.

But it would make searching much, much easier.
I think you completely misunderstood my point about financials. I actually have BAD financials as of now, so I DON'T have the "luxury" of buying tabs ATM. When I do I obviously will buy more of them.

I like to keep items under level 60 too because they help leveling my newly made chars. Almost all of my characters are on standard. I don't play HC because desync would kill them off anyway and they would end up in standard, so why bother at all. Also buying gear and stuff is more expensive on HC.

I don't have more than 2-3 copies of each gem and that's only from the rarest ones like spell echo,multi strike, purity of elements, the cast on gems and the increased quantity and rarity gems.

I don't want to lose the current inventory. It's good as it is. Just a search option. It's all I ask for.
"
Peterking72 wrote:
I think you completely misunderstood my point about financials. I actually have BAD financials as of now, so I DON'T have the "luxury" of buying tabs ATM. When I do I obviously will buy more of them.

I like to keep items under level 60 too because they help leveling my newly made chars. Almost all of my characters are on standard. I don't play HC because desync would kill them off anyway and they would end up in standard, so why bother at all. Also buying gear and stuff is more expensive on HC.

I don't have more than 2-3 copies of each gem and that's only from the rarest ones like spell echo,multi strike, purity of elements, the cast on gems and the increased quantity and rarity gems.

I don't want to lose the current inventory. It's good as it is. Just a search option. It's all I ask for.

There already is a stash search.
There isn't. If there is, then it is well hidden or I have found it already by now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info