[1.3.1] Prism Guardian SRS [SC]

This build uses Alpha's Howl and Prism Guardian to run all four damage auras and Clarity, making it a good damage booster auramancer in parties and compensates for the loss of deeps from not using a staff.

Pros:
- Very good party utility
- Easier to gear (no need for a staff, just use a cheap tabby!)
- Good damage
- Long duration manual Immortal Call

Cons:
- Lower defenses due to reserving about 600 life
- Weapon swapping will deactivate Anger, may be annoying
- Socket-hungry

Videos (more to come)
- 78 Easy Palace https://youtu.be/XsQC7Ju9OaU

Gear

Further gear explanation

Weapon
For your weapon, remind yourself that SRS is a spell that summons a minion that deals minion physical attack damage, 50% of which is converted to fire on hit. Therefore, any damage modifier (spell, attack, fire, elemental, Le Heup) on your gear won't boost SRS since it only affects your damage and not minion damage.

So what do you need for your weapon?
- Cast speed (more minions, more dps)
Yeah that's kind of all you really need...

Other utility stuff that is cool to have :

- Mana regeneration rate
- Additionnal max mana
- Resistances

Good alternatives :

- Aurumvorax (provides insane elemental resistances)
- Reverberation rod (you can stick in your SRS setup while leveling for free echo)

Helmet
I use Alpha's Howl to boost my auras and for the 8% reduced mana reservation.
If you can't afford it, you can still run all auras without problem without it and the more life reserved is actually compensated with an extra life roll on your helmet.
^Note : With new updated aura setup, we technically CAN run all auras without Alpha's, but we end up with only 1% of mana unreserved... You will need to put Clarity, Haste and Reduced mana in shield and run Anger, Generosity, Reduced mana, (Empower?) on mana without this cool hat.

If you're a fan of wearing animal heads, you can use a fancy Starkonja's Head which provides a decent amount of life and dexterity for cheap, if you don't need extra resistances.

Amulet
Preferably a Paua amulet (extra mana regeneration rate)
Looking for :
- Life
- Mana regeneration rate

Other beneficial shit :
- Cast speed
- Additional max mana
- Increased energy shield Specced out of EB :P
- Resistances (if you need)

If you are rich or just fan of science, you can go full YOVO and vaal your ammy for a tasteful 20% increased minion damage (I am currently wearing a corrupted Stone of Lazhwar, which is far from BiS)

Rings
Preferably Coral Rings (extra life) or Unset Rings (MOAR SOCKETS)
If you use Unset Rings, you can put in :
- Curse
- Portal
- Desecrate
- Vaal Haste/Skellies
- Flesh offering
- Arctic Armour

What you need on rings is just about the same as on your amulet.
-8 mana cost of skills is also nice!

Chestpiece
Best chest would be Belly of the Beast, but you can use a rare chest for extra resistances or a Tabula Rasa (used it all the way to lvl 81 in 1mHC).

Gloves, Boots, Belt
Not much to say, the usual life stacking and resistances, if you can craft cast speed on your gloves, that's nice too!

Interesting alternative :
- Goldwyrm (mana regeneration)

Gem setups

Main skill :
- Summon Raging Spirits
- Spell Echo
- Melee Splash (Replace with Added Fire for singletarget [Atziri, Dom runs])
- Multistrike
- (Melee Physical Damage)
- (Minion Damage) <-- This may actually be a better 5th link since it also boosts all elemental damage from auras!

Alpha's Howl :
- Hatred
- Wrath
- Generosity
- Reduced Mana

Prism Guardian :
- Anger
- Generosity
- Reduced Mana

Weapon :
- Enduring Cry
- Spell Echo
- Arctic Armour

4L :
- Haste
- Clarity
- Reduced Mana
- Flesh Offering

4L :

- Vaal Haste (Replace with Desecrate when running Atziri)
- Vaal Haste
- Immortal Call
- Increased Duration

Hardcore viability

I ran this same build during the Torment/Bloodlines 1-month Hardcore league up to lvl 81.
The reason why I chose this build is because I was scared of reflect and corrupting blood, and with a minion build, you are immune to these annoyances, plus the fact that Raging Spirits can tank projectiles for you even though they aren't directly targeted.

It felt safe overall, but I died unfortunately to Perpetus in a full party, because I carelessly (I already got all the Sanguine set) rushed to him, accidentally re-casted a blank Immortal Call which canceled the older one's duration and got caught in a bear trap.
RIP in scrubcore noobshit.

Moral of the story : Don't be too confident and you'll be fine.
Last edited by Austhern on May 31, 2015, 1:04:38 AM
I've been trying to find a decent Life Based EB SRS build to make a MFer out from.

Been comparing yours to Moiraines Uber build, tho I like yours more, because he almost exclusively focuses on Auras and gets all the nodes, where you also get lots of life and cast speed.

Would your build be MF viable . Keep in mind this is for Standard to pass time till Act 4.
His build focuses on Uber Atziri farming, while mine actually runs all dps auras (Hatred, Wrath, Anger, Haste). Because of this, it is very strong in a party of physical attack characters, when running with my friend using Spectral Throw, I buffed his dps from about 40k to 70k. Therefore, it is more suited for general mapping rather than MFing.

But if you want to MF, you could drop the Prism Guardian shield and the extra auras to use Wheel of the Stormsail and you won't need a good staff like other SRS builds, I did fine in the 1mHC league with a Tabula Rasa and still managed about 4k life.

BTW I've made some changes to gem setups and tree and haven't updated yet. Basically, I moved Haste and Clarity on mana and ran Anger on life instead and specced out of Eldritch Battery since I didn't have that much ES on my gear anyway, still getting 1.6k mana and enough regen.

EDIT : Updated build
Last edited by Austhern on May 26, 2015, 10:21:41 PM
I would definitely use a 20+ cast speed/ 1.7+ APS scepter with this build, and find a spot for leap slam-faster attack, so that you can keep up with any party. Other than that I think prism guardian is interesting way to go, possibly even more so in the 2.0 temp leagues where people won't be able to run many auras on their own.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
First video up! 78 Palace (check original post)
nice build m9

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info