Does Anyone Use the Harvest?

I have one sitting in my stash, and I keep thinking that it would be useful for some kind of flask whoring, max attack speed, blood letting build. Its physical dps is roughly 215. I imagine spamming Taste of Hate might be profitable. But then again who knows how the "gain flask charges on critical strike" actually works anyway. It's hard to tell.

Maybe it's for spectral throw with auras and you just take advantage of the crit chance? No? This thing still puzzles me.

You use the Harvest as a stat stick for a spell caster, and go crit. The flask charges essentially turns all of your flasks into Surgeon flasks, which is incredibly useful for any unique flasks, taste of hate, atziri's etc. The leech on crit is rather nice since it allows you to forgo a life leech gem in your sockets, provided you can crit reliably. The crit it gives is roughly the same as an entire skill tree's worth of crit nodes, without investment into power charges. Most likely Dual Void batteries would lead to higher crit, but it's still rather nice, for it's own reasons at the end of the day, imo.
IGN- JustaCIboy
Twitch.tv/BasedNito
So, I guess CI spell caster? =p

Obviously you are giving up tons of damage for the sake of some sort of flask abuse as even at level 80 where the Harvest would give +240% crit, you could get nearly the same amount with a dagger and shield (for spells). So it's defensive in nature but not quite as defensive as Dark Seer. Blinding enemies and restoring ES and mana directly is still better than renewing flask charges as far as I can see.

Is this just a failed unique design? What am I missing??!

IF you manage to keep up flasks constantly then this thing essentially gives you +3000 armor/evasion, +10% max resist of your choice, and whatever bonuses you like. But in exchange you lose 50% of your potential DPS.

smh
NVM, I get it.

It's a Crown of Eyes weapon. I get it now. =p
CoC with diamond and other unique flasks. could probably run RF with that MF flask and upkeep of rubies too
studying for GGG's C++ technical exam...
Would be nice for my scold CWDT build.
I need the leech, I use pots a lot, I crit already quite a lot so the heal should be good. It lacks increased damage or multiplier but this might not be so bad.
And being a 2h it would save me a gem slot.

Surgeon instant life flasks seems pretty damn strong defensively. I run also an atziri flask, and there are possibilities for res flasks, divination distillate for the res, taste of hate, rumi.
Probably not diamond, cause 80 charges is still big for 1 use.

Not sure if it would be BiS, because of the lack in damage, but damage is already pretty nice so it might not be a problem.

Sadly i have tried 700 chances in beyond map without success. I might try to buy one after the merge.
I remember the Harvest being used in the "Cast when drinking Potion" build
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1117550
Not sure if Scold's Bridle would improve the build or not.
lol are u shitting me!? all this time I had no idea doedre's elixir could trigger gems! well gotta test it out xD

edit: it appears to be working
btw guys I'm seeing a lot of synergy with my favorite belt, maligaro's restraint =p

I'm not going to watch the guide because I'd like to at least figure *some* of it out for myself:

So I'm going to use:
Infernal Mantle
Pyre
Crown of Eyes
Maligaro's Restraint
Atziri's Promise

Idea is to convert ice damage to fire, and then fire to chaos damage. Trigger the ice spells that have 100% damage effectiveness and link them all to added chaos damage gems. Not sure if it'll work. 1 way to find out xD

nice tip btw dude. I have used doedre's flask before and I just never realized it would trigger any gems.

gonna try flicker strike
Last edited by BearCares on Feb 20, 2015, 3:46:30 PM
With that, some passives and 7 powers up you can get cap crit with discharge. Pick a Voll's Protector and BOOM. Have fun :D
http://slysherz.blogspot.com
Last edited by DnAngel on Feb 20, 2015, 9:35:08 PM
Yeah it's a shame people in general haven't realized it's potential (including me), especially when it first came out. I think it's because people were so afraid they'd RIP in Beyond league and they also didn't want to lose this cool item to standard prematurely by trying anything too fancy.

That's my 'excuse' anyway =p

regardless this is THE rarest unique in the entire game. xD
Last edited by BearCares on Feb 20, 2015, 9:55:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info