'Mjolner is not the problem, it's lowlife'

BRARLARGARF, PEOPLE ARE DOING STUFF; BLAREGIESFJ

Nerf plz

Will this ever end?
Oblivious
"
tackle70 wrote:
Cheapest clean shavs is 46 ex. Cheapest clean Mjolner is 42. As of this post.
lel

To believe either price is real...
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Why can't we have some 'broken' things in the game? No fun allowed?
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
It doesn't procs a baziljon times as you might think. And it seems that it got a cooldown counter aswell. When i tried to dualweild with brightbeak for fun, the procs couldnt keep up with my attack speed, by far.

Also i'm running havocs build but i do not got 21 gems nor volls devotion. The build is realy fragile without volls devotion. And the damage is realy sad. It takes me about 1 minute to even kill gorge boss. So the damage isn't as OP as you might think.

When you get perfect corruptions and volls devtion which is very hard to aquire then you've somewhat decent damage. But it doesn't outperform my ~ 10 ex srs build by any means. Nor does it beat my incinirator for boss killing.

So we should nerf incinerate and srs too? No fun allowed?
What's really OP is voll's devotion. It was made legacy for a reason. Good luck doing enough damage without it, while being 100% immune.
Mjölner is very strong because it provides a minimum amount of damage which is enough to clear maps and 'carry' your character. However it has very high attribute requirements to lock you into it. Remember when GGG nerfed snapshotting? Remember their argument? Master of all trades, jack of none. That warranted a nerf. I don't think Mjölner even compares to LLST or +3/HH SRS in clear speed. It doesn't compare to a Gellig-like character or 26RZ Traditional Summoner at tanking. Mjölner is a jack of all trades and master of none. It's a slap-on for damage, a guaranteed benchmark.

Spoiler

My character is a prime example of this, where Mjölner is just one of a few ways to get damage while scaling extreme survivability. You can use spells in staves instead, or minions. In the end, Mjölner is just the flashiest way to do this (and one of the most fun), so it draws more attention, but really, things that give you guaranteed baseline damage are the real subject for threads like this.
"
tackle70 wrote:
"
Deadpeng wrote:
Just for your information. Mjolnir already costs more than Shavronne's wrappings on standard now.

lolwut? No it doesn't. Cheapest clean shavs is 46 ex. Cheapest clean Mjolner is 42. As of this post.

Shavs is going for 46? @#$% my xyz is broken again....
Dudes, honestly, I think the problem is with your mindset.

Here we have an item that already ask for a truckload just for it to be equipped, then you expect it to not be powerful, it gives an unique gameplay which is good for an unique.
It is extremely rare and needs more extremely rare items to be superOP.

I frankly dont get what "the problem" you think you are seeing is.
Explain to me it please. and for that matter, this seems to be the same people that say "CastOnCancer should be removed from the game", I dont get why.
This league I've seen a total of 4 CoCs on BL, me included. Explain to me why is it bad that I use CoC? and why its so bad that it should be removed? If everyone uses it how come I've only seen this much?
I think there's something bad about it though, and that's rather about the game, the optimization part which gets CoC to lag people, this is why you can kick others or ask for them to switch or something. (for example, I am playing CoC discharger but carry with me a lvled cold snap to switch If I am causing lag to someone, for that matter there are many more setups that dont cause lag)

Oh and please, not badly disguised "lets-kill-this-gem-completely" suggestions like having to pay mana for trigger, you are either stupid or think others are stupid if you give such suggestion. It would be impossible to mantain as such.
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Feb 20, 2015, 10:41:00 AM
it is a matter of potential. it doesn't matter how many hoops you need to jump through or how many rare unique items you need.

if the end result is something so drastically better than everything else then its going to ruin game balance.

it is a simple concept you cant balance a game for 10k dps AND balance the game for 100k dps
at best one will be worthless and at worst one will be worthless and the other will be boring.

i am all for paying for power, but having unchecked power growth dependent on gear is not the answer.

it is not like diablo 3 where getting super op items to crush higher difficulty settings is the expected norm.

poe is not endless, it has a limit. and when that limit is easily surpassed by only a select few build types ... then the game dun fucked up.

I am not saying there should be no power with getting super items. but what i am saying is that they need to have diminishing returns so that there is still some semblance of balance between players.

otherwise we will continue to have this ugly divide between the retarded and everything else .
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Feb 20, 2015, 10:51:16 AM
^What would you suggest then?
If its absurdly more powerful with amazing survivability then it should be nerfed, but half if not most of the posts seem like ridicule hyperboles and asking for outright killing of the unique.
I myself have no idea how it could be balanced, mind you.
Oblivious

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info