[Bloodlines] RF Cyclone CoC Flame Surge

The idea of this build is to combine RF/Cyclone with Flame Surge and other area skills.

4L: Cyclone > Blood Magic > Cast on Critical Strike > Flame Surge
5L: Add Ice Nova/Glacial Cascade/Firestorm (depending on situation or preference)
6L: Add a third spell/fire pen/increased AOE/conc (depending on situation or preference)

Auras/Buffs: Purity of Fire, Vitality, Herald of Thunder, Herald of Ice

Current Gear

Defenses
This is a build made for hardcore leagues and as such I've tried to obtain as much defense as possible within the scope of the build. It relies on CwDT>EC>IC>ID, CwDT>Frost Wall, high life (should reach 7k at high level), permanent surgeon's flasks, and freeze/chill for defenses. It is still probably more vulnerable than your average hardcore acrobatics build, but it's the best I've been able to manage.

Please note that, with the current tree, it is only possible to sustain RF with a level 20 Purity of Fire. With a level 17-19 PoF, you'll need to get the life regen below duelist(1.6% total).

Also note that a Vagan dagger is pretty much required for the build. The build can't afford to get accuracy nodes and gets very little dex. Even if you get a LOT of accuracy on gear, I think the Vagan dagger is best. On a budget, a random Vagan dagger with crafted crit chance should work alright.
Last edited by Sw1ft1 on Feb 28, 2015, 10:50:50 PM
This sounds like a cool idea. I'll definitely try this once I get enough currency for the essential stuff and maybe come back to this thread to give you my own impressions.
Wasn't expecting that much clear speed.
Doing this build now. Currently 67 steamrolling maps. I switched a few nodes in the tree for extra attack speed/crit. I had some questions though, Ill post tomorrow if I remember.
how do u substain with no life leach or lgoh?
IGN jauertemplar
Jauershadow
"
Jauer wrote:
how do u substain with no life leach or lgoh?

When you're perma ruby flasked you essentially have 700+ life regen at all times. Also, I have fire leech crafted on my dagger. LGOH seems like overkill but I admittedly haven't tried it.
Starkonja's Head might be an interesting helm to try with this build, what is your opinion on this?
Hi Dose this build Atziri viable? i concern because my previous Reave scion dosn't go well, so i looking for some more build. I have some Exalt to spend, can this build make me farm her?
"
G3nobee56 wrote:
Starkonja's Head might be an interesting helm to try with this build, what is your opinion on this?

It's fine but I think Rat's Nest might be better if you don't mind giving up resists/armor anyway.

"
Metalempress wrote:
Hi Dose this build Atziri viable? i concern because my previous Reave scion dosn't go well, so i looking for some more build. I have some Exalt to spend, can this build make me farm her?

I haven't tried Atziri with this character but it should be relatively easy even with a 5L. To be safe you might want to respec a bit so you can support a longer duration immortal call and switch some gems in your cyclone (conc effect, fire pen, and PCoC are VERY good) but it should be great at killing Atziri.
Last edited by Sw1ft1 on Mar 6, 2015, 6:35:14 PM
So it is impossible to use Kh right? because the combination of damage between coc and rf?
Can you try doing some videos on some high level maps, esp. +fire res mod? How about reflect packs?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info