Claw Skills, Its About Time We Get A New One / Two

What does 'whiffing' mean?
"
What does 'whiffing' mean?

Good question, but from the comment I assume it's hitting at nothing. Well hitting at a monster but missing them all the time. I find this to happen with Reave all the time.
To Die Is Not An Option, To Fight Until DIESync Is The Only Answer. ☺☻☺

Happy Hunting Exiles.
whiffle whiffle xD

What about ManaLeech and LifeLeech as Implicid?
In video games, whiffing is a rather obscur term which basically means: "start an animation but cancel it in some way in the middle of it".

The cancelation can be to just put an end to the animation, but not necessarily. It can also be a cancelation of the consequences only, without interupting the animation (an animation with no damage in our case). Another option is to make things go really weird: like using cyclone with a whirling blade animation (not possible but it's just an example to explain).

Quite often it can be merged with the slightly less obscur term "clipping" which specifically defines the action of cancelling an animation with another animation, with variable results.

In the case described here, it's basically the feeling of attacking thin air because of desynch or server response time. You attack a mob and nothing gets immeditaely hit. Or never get hit at all :D
"
polimeris wrote:
In video games, whiffing is a rather obscur term which basically means: "start an animation but cancel it in some way in the middle of it".

The cancelation can be to just put an end to the animation, but not necessarily. It can also be a cancelation of the consequences only, without interupting the animation (an animation with no damage in our case). Another option is to make things go really weird: like using cyclone with a whirling blade animation (not possible but it's just an example to explain).

Quite often it can be merged with the slightly less obscur term "clipping" which specifically defines the action of cancelling an animation with another animation, with variable results.

In the case described here, it's basically the feeling of attacking thin air because of desynch or server response time. You attack a mob and nothing gets immeditaely hit. Or never get hit at all :D

Yes that most certainly happens with Reave and POE, thanks for clearing that up for us.

Happy Hunting Exiles.
I tested the Whifle with my old Claw Char and can verify that this happens quiet often.

Tree i used is;
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAAYBCQ18DY0OSBEvEVARlhUgFdcV9hX9Fr8YXRslHNwi9Cj6KU8ppSoLKk0svyzpMtE1uTzvRUdF9EZxRwZLrk4qUUxWY1cNV8lZ81uvXfJfamJ5Y0Nkr2jyaoxsC20Zb1dvnnBScNVyqXasfVt_xoMJhq6J04o4jHaSfZMnlFyYb5manjyezZ_Lotmmf6crpzCsR6yqrY2t8bDYsbO0DLTFtQS1SLcxuJO42cAawGbBxcgUykrPftIh2VvZYdvn3CPdDd1I5CLlz-kC6hjquutj6-7sOO1B8uHz6vVv9zI=

and Gear i used is
Spoiler

DpS is not that high as it was before 1.3 and with loose of that much Critchance from Tree i changed Shield to a second Claw to get acces to Twin Terrors Keystone that gives 125 Critchance to push Critchance to 50,1 without PowerCharges or anything else.
Trading DpS with Monsters for Loot will ever best Ratio!-)
Sitting in Town, flipping Items until all Gear is biS,
and get fastly bored from running Maps instead of grinding Upgrades is no Resolution!
"
LeandroHazard wrote:
I tested the Whifle with my old Claw Char and can verify that this happens quiet often.

Tree i used is;
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAAYBCQ18DY0OSBEvEVARlhUgFdcV9hX9Fr8YXRslHNwi9Cj6KU8ppSoLKk0svyzpMtE1uTzvRUdF9EZxRwZLrk4qUUxWY1cNV8lZ81uvXfJfamJ5Y0Nkr2jyaoxsC20Zb1dvnnBScNVyqXasfVt_xoMJhq6J04o4jHaSfZMnlFyYb5manjyezZ_Lotmmf6crpzCsR6yqrY2t8bDYsbO0DLTFtQS1SLcxuJO42cAawGbBxcgUykrPftIh2VvZYdvn3CPdDd1I5CLlz-kC6hjquutj6-7sOO1B8uHz6vVv9zI=

and Gear i used is
Spoiler

DpS is not that high as it was before 1.3 and with loose of that much Critchance from Tree i changed Shield to a second Claw to get acces to Twin Terrors Keystone that gives 125 Critchance to push Critchance to 50,1 without PowerCharges or anything else.

From first looks at your tree, I thought it was very interesting and point intensive, was wondering about your dps as you have very nice gear and an awesome set of claws. One of the things that has frustrated me all along using Reave is the whiffing, hence I'm waiting to change the character into something else unless they fix the hitting into fresh air effect.

Thanks for testing and proving our point.

Happy Hunting Exiles.
Yeah, at the Moment i try to figure out how an Static Strike with -WED- added Fire- physical to Lightning-Multistrike-faster Attacks will work with Hatred and maybee some Heralds or even Anger-Wrath. But its hard to find a Way turning all Auras on and use Crit and be able to survive hard incoming Damage. Maybee LowLife and abuse of BM?
Trading DpS with Monsters for Loot will ever best Ratio!-)
Sitting in Town, flipping Items until all Gear is biS,
and get fastly bored from running Maps instead of grinding Upgrades is no Resolution!
"
LeandroHazard wrote:
Yeah, at the Moment i try to figure out how an Static Strike with -WED- added Fire- physical to Lightning-Multistrike-faster Attacks will work with Hatred and maybee some Heralds or even Anger-Wrath. But its hard to find a Way turning all Auras on and use Crit and be able to survive hard incoming Damage. Maybee LowLife and abuse of BM?

Sounds interesting, as I've been told that SS hits hard with claws. But mana could be the problem. I might start leveling a SS gem up to 20 now. Let me know how it goes BTW.

Happy Hunting Exiles.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info