Claw Skills, Its About Time We Get A New One / Two

It's about time that claws get a new skill or two to use with them.

Yes there are the usual boring old and dying ones "Viper Strike, Reave, Flicker Strike." These skill started with the game, come to think of it we need a whole batch of new kills.

Claws need a new kick ASS skill.

Edited title a little
To Die Is Not An Option, To Fight Until DIESync Is The Only Answer. ☺☻☺

Happy Hunting Exiles.
Last edited by GrumpyBear5043 on Feb 20, 2015, 12:19:34 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
EDIT: (Removed irrelevant bullshit)

+1

I'd like to see some more specific AOE and single target skills that are available for Claws only, something that builds on the available crit chance with additional damage - possibly at the cost of accuracy in order to keep them relatively disimilar from Daggers.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Feb 18, 2015, 9:56:54 PM
"
Nut Slash
_________

Melee, AOE

Performs an attack targeted at the various nutsacks of the surrounding enemies. Has a wide AOE, but suffers from reduced accuracy (nutsacks are hard to hit in the heat of battle). Hits have a higher base crit chance (like dude, you just ripped open that guys nutsack).

Can only be used with Claws.

Base Crit Chance - 12.5%
50% Reduced Accuracy

1% increased accuracy per Quality

:)

Now that was really constructive feedback!!!!

Happy Hunting Exiles.
Claws need a little bit of caress.
"
Samkiud wrote:
Claws need a little bit of caress.

They sure do, since the start of SotV "Atziri" they have fallen to the wayside, if not before that.
I don't see many people using them anymore, and they have such huge potential.

Happy Hunting Exiles.
as a 50% LL claw cycloner in maps - I can say that the main problem with claws is that, while they don't really need to fill an offensive niche, their skill tree nodes suck ass.

Because you;re stacking dex, their accuracy isn't often a problem, but comparable to every other dex weapon. Their crit modifiers however are shockingly bad. A grand total of what, 60%? Comepared to the 150% for swords and what, 400% for daggers? come on now.
Their base damage is only slightly better than daggers, but then daggers have all that implicit crit, but the most damning thing about them is their attack speed COUNTERS their implicit.

With the changes to Lifeleech stacking, having high attack speed, which claws are reasonably good at attaining (not like foils though :/) is very very undesirably. You want to hit less frequently, and harder. The problem comes when you realize that claws base damage and phys nodes from the tree are lousy as hell. And there are no high level lgoh claws that would facilitate high AS, elemental builds.

Claws just got the worst of both worlds. They need a bit of a redesign before they come back into the fore. Something to counteract the Lifeleech nerfs
"If you’re incompetent, you can’t know you’re incompetent. […] the skills you need to produce a right answer are exactly the skills you need to recognize what a right answer is." ~David Dunning
Last edited by TikoXi on Feb 18, 2015, 8:21:04 AM
I've always wondered, what exactly is the real problem with claws. Melee weapons are mainly used by cyclone, reave and ST now. You might be able to add static strike in, all of these skills you can use claws with. So people are choosing not to use claws, not claws have no good skills to use.

As claws have good crit chance and high leech. TBH, it seems like the main reason no one uses them is because of daggers.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
"
Moosifer wrote:
I've always wondered, what exactly is the real problem with claws.

Read the post above yours, it mentions quite a lot of the problems.
Claws are really in a bad spot.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Would love to see some interesting claw skill, but above that!

I would love to see an endgame LgoH claw!

I never for the love of god understood why there is no LgoH variant to open up elemental based attacks diversity in the end-game.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
Would love to see some interesting claw skill, but above that!

I would love to see an endgame LgoH claw!

I never for the love of god understood why there is no LgoH variant to open up elemental based attacks diversity in the end-game.

Peace,

-Boem-

+1
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info