Splosions everywhere! (CoMK build)

The idea for this build came after seeing & trying the "fakener" (http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1069569/page/1 setup.

But as i prefer playing in the hardcore leagues the fakener was not all that ideal because the survival is rather shit without 1000 ex gear (and even then youre gonna die).

The core was what i liked most, spinning and exploding things everywhere, so how can i do this somewhat cheaply and still get away with it in a HC league?

After some CoMK testing in standard i felt ready for a go in bloodlines.

Now, there are two ways of doing this, 1h and 2h (the 2h setup was tested in bloodlines and is what im currntly running, i did the 1h in standard)

Lets start with some passives!

As you can see, this setup would work just fine with a 1h ele weapon (no 2h nodes), and that is how i started. But then i found this beautiful 2h sword (Oro's sacrifice). I switched to it for the extra killing power it provides in the form or pure ele dmg, high dmg values wich makes killing that first mob faster (wich will chain into allot of explosons) AND for the frenzy charges making your discharge do so much more dmg.

Onwards to the gear!
current gear in bloodlines

Now, this can get upgraded allot. No piece is required, but the charges from a romiras will help so much with the dmg, as will the oros.

There are two chest pieces that i would chose between for this build, a lightning coil or a cloak of flame.

Cloak of flame:

no negative resistances here, you actially get +fire resistace from it.
cheap as dirt
ignite chance for the extra chance to get frenzy charges from oro's
sadly its a ES base, and rolling the right sockets will not be easy.

Lightning coil:
life
extra ele dmg (lightning)
easier to get the right sockets
sadly its abit more costly
-lightning resistance

flasks

Just your standard flask setup, nothing special. you can run with 2 ho flasks and a topaz if you prefer. Also, Bubbling would probably be better then seething as they changed so that youre immune to the effect while the flask is running.

Gems!

This is where its all at, sadly, youre gonna "need" a 5L for this to work smoothly with cyclone.

(all links can be seen in my gear under that spoiler)

*Cyclone - CoMK - LGoH - Blood Magic - Discharge
(for the six link add another spell, Conc effect, light pen or just better survivability with LL)

*Cyclone - Conc effect - WED - Blood Magic

*CWDT - Enduring Cry

*PoL - PoF - Reduced Mana

*HoT - Vengeance - CoH - Warlords mark

*CWDT - Discharge - LL - Conc effect

Even tho i only have 10% chance to shock, and i cant crit, my HoT is almost always up, vengeance is there for some extra chance to curse and making it easier for bosses without mobs.

PoL + PoF - only one is "required" depending on your chest piece the other one can be changed to any other purity you might need, or an extra herald if you want some more deeps.

The second Cyclone is for single target, change Conc or WED for LGoH if you feel like warlords + pots is not enough. (I try to use my CoMK as much as possible and only go for this one on isolated targets where thers nothing to blow up).

My CWDT setups are only there for the extra dmg, enduring cry setup for the charges (duh!) and the extra discharge is motly for high hp mobs (bears, golems), where you might need a second in to get the sposions started. Its also a nice bit of extra dmg + regen vs bosses.

Offence & defence sheets
CoMK cyclone:

Single target Cyclone:

Defence stats:

As you might have guessed, ele reflect hurts ALLOT!
to counter this i chose to use "sibyl's lament" the the 30% reduced reflect dmg taken, alltho even with this ring, you need to be "careful", one pack is fine, even two, but when you get a screen filled with mobs you gotta play abit cautiously. I have you to try Vaal Pact as im not that bit of a fan, but i guess itl work just fine.

Bandits:

Oak, kill all, power charge if youre gonna get a romiras (prefered), but i guess any is fine.

Lvling:

Anything really, theres allot of ele dmg in the templar area, so, spells/melee doesent matter, i actualy had a tabula rasa in my stash so as soon as i could use cyclone with BM safely i went for it (around lvl 40-50).

This build was originally going stack up on endurance charges and go with the "endurace charge on stun" gem togeather with a 1h mace + shield, wich is how i started out the build (didnt get romiras till 70ish). This worked just fine, i grabbed the stun nodes down by iron grip (+warlords mark = extra stun chance).
But then i found a sweet ele 1h sword, changed to that thinking "oh all my ele nodes will work nice with this, no extra points needed in melee dmg", and then trying out the oro's i fell in love :)

Tested
in standard (with shit gear) in 74 maps (no deaths) & 74 maps in bloodlines (just hit lvl 80).

Got any thoughts or ideas/improvements?
feel free to throw me a pm or, just type here for eveyone to see.

Thanks for reading this long & boring post - now go out n blow things to pieces!
@SpyChicken
Last edited by SpyChicken on Mar 20, 2015, 7:30:10 AM
Hi SpyChicken,

Finally a nice build using CoMK, I was teorycrafting few, but without really try it :(
Seems very powerful and cheap, did you consider using Daresso armor for generating Endurance Cherges and to use Elemental Weakness for curse, this is my general idea.

Physical leech is a waste but everything else is good for the build.
Also I'm thinking to try different attack for triggering the CoMK like: Molten Strike or Infernal Blow or Lightning Strike.
How you are dealing with single target(bosses)?

Thanks for the guide,
WD
Poor_Exile
Im gonna try this
ty for guide
"
Hi SpyChicken,

Finally a nice build using CoMK, I was teorycrafting few, but without really try it :(
Seems very powerful and cheap, did you consider using Daresso armor for generating Endurance Cherges and to use Elemental Weakness for curse, this is my general idea.

Physical leech is a waste but everything else is good for the build.
Also I'm thinking to try different attack for triggering the CoMK like: Molten Strike or Infernal Blow or Lightning Strike.
How you are dealing with single target(bosses)?

Thanks for the guide,
WD

I havent tried the daresso's defiance, mostly coz i dont have one, but if the endurance charge isnt used up by the discharge instantly (if its triggered before CoMC) it feels like a waste, coz with only 6% dodge & hardly any evasion youre gonna lose all the charges as soon as you get in close.

definately worth a try cant be that hard to find one in standard and just see what happens.

Ele weaknes is nice, but i like the warlords for a two reasons:
1. chance for endurance charges on kills
2. life leech
(3. if youre going with end charge on stun, the curse gets even better as theres a increased chance to stun)

The life leech is almost essential because just LGoH does not keep my life up when i go in and start spinning.

Bosses.

Usually these come with a blue pack and sometimes they spawn minions, i focus on these, bringing them close enough to the boss so that my discharge can hit him.

I also have a secondary 4L cyclone (in my gloves - cyclone - Concentrated effect - WED - BM) wich can be used to either just kill the boss/rare monster or to weaken tougher bluepacks and then finish them with the CoMK setup.
@SpyChicken
i'm trying to replace oros with
(or any other shield) togeather with blood rage, but atm my regen is to low to sustain it and i hate seeing the globe running down inbetween packs.

current specc
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUA-d1PBIuMQ8hboKdVfA5o8vAfr2yiAEz_BLPhczwtwGaaO8auxPY8BYKbtz5yqX31PQ_vfOw4_gr3MhzOJy8pT_JF2L3qGHzZK1CQVYV95CI64TWS-Ot2rA3NGjgabKZX_o8Ucc9-_lTAGp2uNulN49l8DjytjXGFpwgkqoIHOlJXKfMR2CQWb7yfRtexQjbF42oYkfxLHwIUTQQHMjSD20yz5OxVxlAwdhE6WNted-OuPmeb5FFQR-8OFCBfP_ZIxFg=

also changed my boots to
the 15% dmg increase on ignited enemies works well with oros and cyclone (lots of attacks) since everythings always ignited.
@SpyChicken
Thanks for the answer,
Currently I'm teorycrafting something and I need your advise/comment.

From the tree (will be similar to your) we have 180 STR + some more from the equipment like:
we can easily go to 300+ STR
Then my idea is to use Iron Will gem connected to Discharge (1% spell dmg increase per 5 STR=60% spell dmg increase)

Links will be:
Main Attack(Armor):
Molten Strike/Lighting Strike(lvl1 20Q)+ Multistrike + CoMK + Discharge + Iron Will + LL

Single Target:
Heavy Strike(lvl1 20Q) + Multistrike + WED + Chance to Ignate + Endurance charge on Mele Stun
The idea here is not only to deal high damage but also to generate all the charges for separate Discharge
Discharge + Iron Will + LL + Concentrated Effect (I can also use Rime Gaze helmet for free Concentrated effect)
Maybe I can connect them with macro and use only one key :)

Moving and cursing:
Leap Slam + Faster Attack + Curse on Hit + Warlord Mark (I agree that this is the best curse we can use)

CoDT setup:
CwDT + Enduring Cry + Discharge + LL

If I have free slot I can place Clarity (low lvl) for sustaining the attacks.
Also thinking to go BM (should test it first)
Doriany Fire belt is also option for more Fire dmg and LL

In offhand also will try setup like:
Discharge + Concentrated Effect + Lightning Pen in:

and for attack in one more Doon :
Frenzy + Multistrike + ?
Also they will increase my armor with around 40-50 % (in offhand)
The build will be armor based and life.
When this league finished I will try the build in Standart.
All comments are welcome.

Cheers WD

Poor_Exile
Last edited by Poor_Exile on Mar 20, 2015, 5:59:00 AM
Can someone confirm if daresso defiance work well with COMK discharge?
This days after the tree reset I will try with and without Daresso and will post the results.
The only problem I see is that the resistances can be a problem with daresso, we will have only Helmet, boots, gloves and one ring for capping all of them.
But the idea is nice :)

Cheers,
WD
Poor_Exile

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info