Whats better? Freeze Chance or Freeze Crits?

"
1337fun wrote:
Crit also has a HUGE downside, which nobody mentioned. And it is reflect.

I did mention going crit can be dangerous, didn't think it needed clarification :)

With skills that hit many enemies at once having no spellblock or spelldodge is practically instant death on reflect packs and reflect maps are an automatic reroll, fire crit builds with arctic armor being a possible exception. Hell, I'm playing non-crit tendrils right now and reflect maps are barely fine without spellblock, skill hits half the screen at once and repeats seven times with echo so you can't even stop that easily.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
I created a Crit freeze witch lvl 82 or 81 using Ice spear, FP totem and Ice nova. I have life leach on the Ice nova / echo / ele prof and I can spam ele reflect packs as they are frozen and I slowly kill them ( faster if I pop up the totem). I have 1 shot my self with the ice spear though. As for life/ def - that is tricky. Up to map 72ish 73... not a problem... but after that you'll need some D. Currently I don't have any D. (Glass cannon build ) and can play the maps 73 -74 but if I miss or make a mistake I typically get killed.
Last edited by Ragaroon on Feb 14, 2015, 3:57:24 PM
Love the ambitious 120-point tree laid out. Good luck.

If you're trying to make a permafreezer, you can do it with Taryns, Romira, Cold Snap, etc. Many guides are available on forums.
Last edited by toyotatundra on Feb 14, 2015, 11:26:53 PM
First, forgive my english, im not native speaker
Im not sure about mechanics, but i have found this

chance to freeze, works per hit (i think)
crits work per cast

so if you have 33% of crit, you will try to freeze likely 1 time per 3 cast

but if you have 33% of freeze chance and there are more than 3 enemies, you will likely try to freeze at least one of them on each cast

so, i have notice, that chance to frezee works betters with elemental proliferation, because you will frezee at least one or 2 enemies on each cast, and proliferate to the whole pack
IGN: Dalkkiel / Dallkiel

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info