1.3 BM Explosive Arrow marauder (thx Tweety)

Today I will be showing off my level 86 explosive arrow marauder currently in standard league. This build is just amazing and it's surprising that more people aren't playing it. I would like to say that the majority of the credit for this character goes to Tweety and his guide which helped me a lot with this. I originally wanted to use EA (Explosive Arrow) because I was fascinated by the gem and the thought of making a viable endgame build with it was even cooler. This definitely turned out better than I had thought it ever would. With only a few ex in gear (could be less) you can absolutely smash maps and 1 shot just about every pack in them. Just wanted to show you guys my gear, stats and passive tree to hopefully inspire some of you to roll a new char :).

Pros
Spoiler
Pretty tanky
Runs fast
Cheap to get started
Things explode
Can do every map mod, Ele reflect is sketchy but do able
HC viable, just be careful around reflect
Good at breaking pots, very important

Cons
Spoiler
No block/spell block so a lot of magic damage can really hurt
Not the fastest clear speed
People will make fun of you in global 5055 for using EA :(, jk.

Gear
Spoiler

*Quick talk about Gear*
Spoiler
As you can see my gear is nothing amazing but it still isn't the worst. However this build is very effective with very little. Also if you have a lot of money and choose to invest a lot of it into this character it will only get better. Kaoms, 6l, lvl 21 gem, etc.. also an additional arrow quiver is something I am in the market for. This doesn't double your damage but it allows you to 6 stack mobs in just three shots increasing your clear speed.

Let's talk bows
Spoiler
The elephant in the room is Quill rain vs +3 bow. With a quill rain I 5 stack in just about a second. A 5-stack EA will kill just about any pack in the game and 90% of the rares you encounter. Now that being said i feel that a slow +3 bow is a waste of time and would slow clear speed but that's just me.

Tree at level 87

Stats
Spoiler

Life ~7.5k
Armor ~8.5k
phys mitigation with 4 charges up is nearly 60%
Move Speed 53%, 118% with flask Zoom Zoom

Though the Rangers of Oriath wield mighty long bows, they occasionally meet enemies that are too tough for mere arrows alone. Facing such a threat, trained archers have developed mastery of the dreaded Explosive Arrow. When the missile strikes, it bores deep into its target, releasing a volatile, deadly magical poison.

This poison quickly boils the blood surrounding the embedded arrowhead, and within a few moments, a gout of fire erupts from the wound. This caustic spray will burn and damage any adjacent foes. Some skilled marksmen have even developed the ability to fire multiple Explosive Arrows into the same point on a target's body. Doing this not only extends the time before the blood detonation, but it massively increases the violence of the blast.

Last edited by friedchicken279 on Jun 26, 2015, 10:04:51 PM
Edited some stats, got a Kaom's.
How viable is this build in higher maps and would it ever go beyond maps, with atziri and such? I like the idea. Seen explosive Arrow before, but Ive not seen many build it so been looking for something different :) Might try this out on as a side project, thanks for the guide bud :)

Edit: Oh and which 4Ls do you find the most important? I only got a 4 link atm while lvling.
Last edited by Leeown on Feb 18, 2015, 6:26:44 PM
"
How viable is this build in higher maps and would it ever go beyond maps, with atziri and such? I like the idea. Seen explosive Arrow before, but Ive not seen many build it so been looking for something different :) Might try this out on as a side project, thanks for the guide bud :)

Edit: Oh and which 4Ls do you find the most important? I only got a 4 link atm while lvling.

Hey, thanks for checking this out. This build is very good end game. I am yet to enter 76+ maps but my dps in like 74's is fine. Keep in mind my gem is still only level 19 at the time of writing this. Level 20 (hopefully 21 :D) would do just fine in the highest level of maps when combined with good endgame gear. As far as Atziri, it's a tough subject. I believe that with the right gear it would definitely be do-able but very inefficient. Clearing trash, Vaal and Trio would be fine. But the issue is the Atziri fight itself. You see a lot of my dps comes from burn damage. Atziri cannot be ignited so the fight would suck. Still do-able but by no stretch of the imagination efficient.

As far as your 4l's not quite sure what you're asking. If you're referring to items that should be linked i would recommend 4ling your quill rain with ea colors. (Quill is very easy to color) the 4l would be EA, Chance to ignite, Prolif, Inc. Burn damage. The frenzy can be run on a 3l just drop LGOH or chain, kind of up to you.

Hope that helps :).
Thanks bud. I was referring to the 4 most important links in the EA chain, I should have specified that more, but you mentioned which to use so that awesome, ill give it a try now and then when I get bored, thanks :D
I've been playing explosive arrow as long as I can remember. Definitely worth playing if you've never did this play style before.

Nice to see some other BM versions out there, while the EB/AA/MOM seems to be the way to go at the moment.

Nice and effective build. :)

Gear for those interested

"
I've been playing explosive arrow as long as I can remember. Definitely worth playing if you've never did this play style before.

Nice to see some other BM versions out there, while the EB/AA/MOM seems to be the way to go at the moment.

Nice and effective build. :)

Hey nice gear man, Thanks for checking this out. It's cool to see the similarities and differences between the BM and the EB variations. I see that you have inc. AOE in your 6l. Have you done any testing with a leveled empower? I feel that my prolif takes care of big packs enough to the point that I wouldn't need Aoe. Just my thoughts, when I get the 6l, Empower will probable take the slot.
"

Hey nice gear man, Thanks for checking this out. It's cool to see the similarities and differences between the BM and the EB variations. I see that you have inc. AOE in your 6l. Have you done any testing with a leveled empower? I feel that my prolif takes care of big packs enough to the point that I wouldn't need Aoe. Just my thoughts, when I get the 6l, Empower will probable take the slot.

At the moment I feel the added damage from empower is not needed. Only when fighting bosses do I swap out Increased AOE for Conc. Effect in which 5 fuses can kill 77 map bosses anyway. I just like the HUGE AOE you get from increased AOE gem. Clearing packs off screen from the prolif. is nice :)

But then again if your not dual cursing, empower might be the better alternative.
Last edited by Codygits on Feb 21, 2015, 6:04:49 PM
I'm new to the EA builds... imma have a run on yours in HC ...

It would be so fun if you add Leveling Process of the tree

I look at your full tree and my eyes go like.. where the heck do i start putting points lol :)

Now lets start .. imma have +1 quiver and quill 4link...

"

I'm new to the EA builds... imma have a run on yours in HC ...

It would be so fun if you add Leveling Process of the tree

I look at your full tree and my eyes go like.. where the heck do i start putting points lol :)

Now lets start .. imma have +1 quiver and quill 4link...

Hey, additional arrow quiver ad a 4l quill is plenty, as far as the tree just kinda fill out life nodes until you feel comfortable using bm then you can use ea. Then just go from there, putting points in/towards what you think you need. Good luck.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info