[1.3] [BL] COC ARC + LIGHT BALLS - BUDGET(ish) - NO 6 LINK VOLLS - PCOC GMP and 2 SPELLS

With 6 power charges up its 85% crit chance, its more than enough. I feel that to be BL workable have to sacrifice crit for defence.

I will redo the gear to get 80+ HP on all pieces and 70 on the 3 jewellry slots, i should be able to get about 4800

Then if and when I can afford it I will switch to 6 link cloak.

It doesnt seem to have any crit issues at all though, it does extreme damage.
I see. What is your accuracy and rating btw? Never forget that hit chance is as important as crit chance. I would suggest taking the "Depth Perception" Cluster. More crit chance and accuracy, it's perfect for any crit build.

My projected tree for lvl85 would hence change like this:

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMA37AsnEGWBUKuszpYVcaD2wQHTLPAVLzqaxeVIC0fakMI9ElR8NWVLgceEZZ_xqKjwfM2PQ5InapsjGKsXfJwUonTcNXz6ioLtUgPq21sFr9VS2HiJpXKSsM6m7VTNX1brEdRTCo4qW618m6qSsg_JypN_grYvTWSpldN4_6P8kU64dD1dweHE5ykb57o1iLq1CMFtTpCS3jdqDBxjDZjQ9teUDDA40tX8bOkOdCBR-Ii4hUgXyrr5NsLgh7fiukC_rO9gm0ZVyu5fIwL7LA=

After that, either get sniper (since both arctic breath and ice spear are projectiles), or Fire/Frost/Lightning Walker, whichever is applicable at the time :)
Last edited by therealjcool on Feb 10, 2015, 9:26:46 AM
Okay, so I reached 66 last night playing with a friend, and having TONS of fun! This is my first CoC build ever, but certainly not my last, hehe...

Crit is still a bit low at 68% with charges, I will need to get some crit jewellery once I reach 69 and can wear Doryani Belt + Boots, so I can figure out my resistance requirements.

Advantage of cold setup is: The entire map is usually frozen. This is very welcome because as of now, I feel like a huge glass cannon :D In a way, this spec feels like you're playing with a mobile artillery: Very fragile, very powerful and in need of a good forward spotter ;)

Here's my gear:
Spoiler

Thank you for this hilarious spec! :D

I also just came up with a CI tree for this - obviously you'd have to get your hands on a good 5L/6L ES/EV hybrid, which isn't easy - but still. Would solve the issue with the low life pool, and also that pesky chaos damage. I might play this next league :D

Spoiler
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMATLOVIC0fSVHw1ZUuBx4Rln_GoqPB8zY9Dkhd8nBSidNw1fPqKgu1SG1sFr_KSn1brEdRTCo4qW618m6qSsg_JypNdweHE5ykb55jQ9teUDBfKt-K6QJtGbl8jAvssIMJH0EGIwMe53RLrhsl2VuIQsHF9HFDVB3ZVmMV14auLL8RUDW5pysdT19q2-dHBvLhKwq29xEvvjoQe9sakycc3A186rq0DEZxW_TDbVxrhEj316yYdFURD0mx18_5N--I1op_KzB8UUeNvwW16NYk_edUCLE__OhmeA0=
Last edited by therealjcool on Feb 12, 2015, 1:31:47 PM
This build has amazed me, its effectiveness for a low amount of cash is pretty ridiculous. Similar builds cost 20-30 ex, this can be done for 5 with ease (if cold or fire, invitation for Lightning is 5ex compared to 25c)

I am sweep clearing 75 maps at level 77 with ease, i have 4.5k HP which is the only major concern I have, I will switch to a 6 link cloak or belly at some point.

The DPS output is insane, the Arc and Lightning Balls do ridiculous damage. It just tears the trash/magic/rares apart, boss single targets less good but still clears with no issues.

I will make a youtube video this weekend and upload.

Next step for me is simple, get the remaining crit + accuracy nodes, and upgrade my gear to gain another 500 life (Helm + Gloves + 1 of the rings)

Cold is definitely way more effective, but I just love the feeling of arc, and the rape that Lightning Balls put down is ridiculous.

Current Build:

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMA37CPpoIQLJxVrkSr0PVBlgVCrrMEB0yzOlhVxoPbaxeVIC0fakPAVLzqCPQRln_GoqPB80lR8NWVLgceXfIOSHBSidNw1bVI8-oqCw-rbWxh4iaVFr-MNlVLYqydqjY9bIzssOjW53Q6Qkt43agwcdQjBbWbtVM1ykrDOsDjS1fxs2-edweHE5ykrEdRTCpNfVv-Cti9NZK18m6qSsg_J_6PpldN4zrh8kUqOKlupDnQgUfiIuIVINteUDBjQw==

Last edited by KIAEddZ on Feb 13, 2015, 1:41:03 AM
Gear upgraded 4.75k HP 230 ES (See 1st Post for gear)

Now only way to squeeze out more is 6L Belly or Cloak
Last edited by KIAEddZ on Feb 13, 2015, 1:40:51 AM
I think with your current tree and gear, you'll be better off using a 6L Belly than a Cloak. Your mana regen is just way too low, and if you get hit, cloak eats all your mana and you cannot cast.
Ive got way more mana and regen nodes on the tree, plus very highr egen on both rings, and I'm sitting at something like 140 mana per second, which is only enough for lvl12 AA.
I may have underestimated the adverse effect of Acrobatics on your ES/Mana pool, but as it stands, I'm not feeling like AA is giving me much benefit at this point (it's just too low). I'd rather have more dps and hp.

My updated gear:

Spoiler

PS: If you wanna sell your old 6L, hit me up... it's the wrong base, but it's got HP and the right colors ^^
And another update from me. I think I figured out how best to improve defense; the way to go is not AA, due to the penalty of Acrobatics. Instead, I grabbed Ondar's Guilde in the tree and dropped clarity and a herald for Grace. I now have about 7K evasion without any real EV gear (except Atziri's Step), that means 45% chance to evade vs. lvl76 monsters and a 90% chance to evade projectiles. This is a night and day difference, especially when playing alone - I rarely get hit any more. Especially the damn ghouls, evangelists and chaos gatling snakes can suck it :P

I now believe this to be the best course of action for your build.

Tree:
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMA37CPpoIQLJxVrkSr0PVBlgVCrrMEB0yzOlhVxoPbaxeVIC0fakPAVLzqCPQRln_GoqPB80lR8NWVLgceXfIOSHBSidNw1bVI8-oqC21sYeImlRa_jDZVS2Ksnao2PWyM7LDo1ud0OkJLeN2oMHHUIwW1m7XKSsM6wONLV_Gzb553B4cTnKSsR1FMKk19W_4K2L01krXybqpKyD8n_o-mV03jOuHyRSo4qW7bXlAwY0PbC4IeH0EGIwMeIurWin8rMHxRR42_TZIj9o19JP3nVP_egwm5fIwL
OK

After ripping my lightning CoC char live on Raiz's stream (just showing him the build effectiveness with 400 ping lol, I'm from Singapore, just said I'm gonna die and then.. RIP to Chaos Congealed Blood)

I have rebuilt the char, this time going more traditional with Cold Damage (cos Invitation Belt MUCH cheaper for cold)

I can confirm it works even better with Cold, Ice Spear and Arctic Breath of course.

Stupidly effective.

Gear cost about 8 ex total. I'm only level 69 and running 73/74 maps with ease, the DPS is totally insane. Leech covers Reflect with ease.

I am going to try the Ondars build suggestion, but I wont get that until about lvl 80, need to get to 5k life first.

Current Build: Going ALL Life Nodes next 8 points.

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMA37CPpoIQLJxVrkSr0PVBlgVCrrMEB0yzOlhVxoPbaxeVIC0fakPAVLzqCPQRln_GoqPB80lR8NWVLgceXfIOSHBSidNw1bVI8-oqC21sYeImlRa_jDZVS2Ksnao2PWyM6NY6Qkt43agwcdQjBbWbtcpKwzrA40tX8bNvnncHhxOcpKxHUUwqTX1b_grYvTWStfJuqkrIPyemVzrh8kUqOKluUDBjQyLqUzUPqw==

Gear: This is my End Game Gear pretty much

Spoiler

Last edited by KIAEddZ on Feb 20, 2015, 11:16:36 PM
Nice. Ever tried some Elreon craftwed jewelry? Currently my ShatterChuck-Lite variant has 1 mana cost for Barrage + GMP + CoC + Ice Spear + Cold Snap + Life Leech. Granted I do have Vols And protector, but I can run all 3 Purities and Herald of Ice which gives me 93% all res with Saffels.

Don't underestimate Elreon crafts (-mama cost)
Isn't it better to have a 6L Arc + Ice Spear + cold snap (arctic breath) + coc + gmp + barrage with an Herald of lightning + curse on hit + assassin's mark? More dps !
PS: Im playing in Torment.
Last edited by skulastra on Feb 21, 2015, 6:41:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info