rebalancing crit

I've said before- if crit chance gets capped (whether it be a hard cap, or a massively reduced but still theoretically reachable cap like block chance) then CoC should always cast on crit, 100% of the time. Done. CoC saved. Yayyy...yy.....y...

I do not feel a hard cap should just be ruled out; it's not a given that it would be a bad thing. In my view, spiky damage could be worked into the game without breaking crit.

I should reiterate: I want a hard crit chance cap, and a huge boost in available multiplier to balance it out. Think 40/1000 or so. I absolutely do not see this as a nerf, and neither should anyone else.

If reflect becomes too unmanageable, then balance reflect. In my opinion though, reflect has been too thoroughly mitigated... it needs a comeback.

A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
Reflect is fine. I can still accidentally one-shot myself if I hit something on the edge of the screen without seeing that it has reflect. The reason it seems "toned down" is just that more people have found ways around it--mixed elemental damage, chaos damage, ignite, leech, etc.
A bit off-topic, but continuing the current line of discussion; Reflect is not fine.

Imho the overwhelming bulk of the "power creep" everyone seems to be talking about has come from GGG buffing map drops, and nerfing reflect.
Reflect was basically the soft cap on the player dps/defence ratio. As reflect goes down, dps goes up.

Globally, we've never been able to run our maps so easy either. The effect this has had on build "viability" cannot be understated.
IGN: Victory_Or_Sovngarde
It's not a 13 week development cycle, it's a 13 week supporter-pack cycle.
You can play any build you want, as long as it's the current meta.
I would argue that those changes were good, because increased build viability translates into accessibility, and there is a certain level of it needed to keep a player base happy and interested. I remember before those reflect nerfs that it felt there was a "hard cap" on progression for the majority of players, and I saw many friends leave the game as a result. The game still has an upper end-game that most players can't/won't get to, but those are largely issues of build and itemization (which is still plenty difficult). Considered how short the temp leagues are, the time needed to reach that level of accessibility still keeps most of the "part time" players out of end game.

Ultimately, "this game is too easy" is usually only spoken by the "full time" players.
"
Ultimately, "this game is too easy" is usually only spoken by the "full time" players.

More importantly, "this game is too easy" is usually only said by a very, very small minority of players. They're overrepresented on the forums.
We're all in this leaky boat together, people.
Crit MUST be nerfed, thats fact and everyone know it!

And we ALREADY have many caps, so why not add 2-3 more?
crit should be buffed to daggers for example, and nerfed for bows

some skills gem needs a nerf like tornado shot, and some needs a buff like spectral throw

but overall, the biggest balance is to remove eternal orb and put a limit to 4 or 5 times an item can be mirrored, that would resolve 80% of balancing/nerf problem and complaints in the long term
Last edited by InAshesTheyShallReap on Mar 12, 2015, 3:34:26 AM
"
crit should be nerfed to daggers for example, and nerfed for bows

some skills gem needs a nerf like tornado shot, and some needs a nerf like spectral throw

but overall, the biggest balance is to remove portal scroll and put a limit to 4 or 5 times an item can be vendored, that would resolve 80% of balancing/nerf problem and complaints in the long term

Fixed.
Soon act 4 and crit will get next lvl of NO balance and dps cry rockets RANGED gems + more lags and desync

Cant wait for it!
"
crit should be buffed to daggers for example, and nerfed for bows

some skills gem needs a nerf like tornado shot, and some needs a buff like spectral throw

but overall, the biggest balance is to remove eternal orb and put a limit to 4 or 5 times an item can be mirrored, that would resolve 80% of balancing/nerf problem and complaints in the long term

A buff to daggers and a nerf to bows? I'm sorry but are you out of your mind? Daggers can be ridiculously fast and crit bows are horribly slow. Did you even play builds with those weapons? Crit bow builds would be non-existent in the game because they would not be viable anymore. and I honestly don't understand all the hate against skills like Tornado Shot. It's a great skill which helps players to make a viable end game bow build that doesn't require BIS gear to clear 78 maps in a fun and fast way. I simply don't get it.
Last edited by dEus__ on Apr 5, 2015, 6:15:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info