rebalancing crit

We all are aware of the fact that crit is not balanced in current state of affairs, so i thought about how to mke it better. And i came to this conclusion;

Buff crit multi! Because if you crit you should hit like a truck and everything should almost die instantly.

However a crit chance of 50% + should not be achievable anymore because a critical strike doesnt feel critical anymore if you crit 60% of times, it feels more like you miss if you dont crit. The solution would be to nerf the base crit chance of all weapons and spells to 3-5%.

What do you think, would this solve the crit problem?
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I don't like to outright shit on someone's idea, but this one is terrible.

As I said in the flask thread, if you really think crit is a problem, you have to look at it at the source, and that source is Power Charges. More than anything else, this is the one mechanic that enables crit to be so damn reliable. How they fix it is up to them, but I think halving it's crit bonus in favor of some extra raw ele/phys dmg is probably a good start.

(25% crit chance and 5% ele/phys dmg per charge)

Edit: The goal of "balancing crit" isn't to remove it. CoC should still be a viable build. It's just that crit is too easy to build/gear for due to how strong power charges are and how easy they are to generate.
Last edited by AlbinosaurusRex on Feb 8, 2015, 12:43:32 PM

This is interesting, are you on a crusade?

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:

Peace,

-Boem-

Yes i am because I see a good game turning into a dps party where it is only important to one-hit-kill monsters because otherwise YOU get one-hit-killed. The only reason for this is that GGG balances around the dps numbers achievable with crit and they do realize that the only way to kill crit players is to insta kill them otherwise they leech back all their life instantly with vaal packt/atziri gloves.

And thank you for that comment, it made me laugh pretty hard.
Last edited by vangrandson on Feb 8, 2015, 1:11:17 PM
"
vangrandson wrote:
"
Boem wrote:

Peace,

-Boem-

Yes i am because I see a good game turning into a dps party where it is only important to one-hit-kill monsters because otherwise YOU get one-hit-killed. The only reason for this is that GGG balances around the dps numbers achievable with crit and they do realize that the only way to kill crit players is to insta kill them otherwise they leech back all their life instantly with vaal packt/atziri gloves.

And thank you for that comment, it made me laugh pretty hard.

I don't even get 1 hit killed by non bosses on my squishy witch. She is non crit.
Sorry to say, but your roughly one and a half year to late to the party.

Everything that needed to be said about crit has come to pass and GGG will do with it whatever they desire.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
But if we, the players, dont say anything ggg thinks that everything is fine and nothing will change.
I'm pretty sure GGG knows their game better, than any gamer ever will. xD
I'm playing non-crit melee stacked to 7.3k hp atm with a mediocre dps output, went with a 78 rota party, all I saw was BAMBAMBAM wand everywhere, I didn't even get near most groups, I have no problem with crit, it obviosly eats up half your passive nodes, but goddamnit it made me feel so weak. :D
For soloing purposes my char is epicly good anyway one-shots most packs due to the massive AoE DoT (Ele prolif) can do -max+ele ref maps which is a problem for most build, so I'm quite happy with the state of things, it's not like you are forced to play crit.
Also I doubt that any crit build can just take more than one sec from mageara -max firestorm, or any other crazy stuff like that, they have their shortcomings too.
"
vangrandson wrote:
But if we, the players, dont say anything ggg thinks that everything is fine and nothing will change.

Ever think maybe it is fine? Plenty of us, the players, do.
I traded legacy koams for legacy soul taker way back. Then it collected dust. It couldn't measure up to a 4exa dagger.

It would seem GGG finally balanced out crit/non-crit. When I build toons now, I find myself considering both as options. It would have been laughable to consider non crit for 90% of builds pre 1.3.

Be careful what you ask for with more multi, that reflect can be nasty ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info