Design the Ultimate Grandmaster (COMMUNITY HELP)

Hey all.

Some of you may know me - many of you won't. I'm slowly on my way out of this intense ride we call a game, but there's one thing I need to do before I go - submit my GM to the Hall of Grandmasters to be immortalised forever. So here I am today, looking to all of you for help in designing the ultimate grand master to be submitted.

(well, and get my custom forum avatar done but I suppose the ship has sailed on that one)

It's come to my attention that there are currently players BEATING the Hall of GMs - our goal is to do our best to change that. Finding a way to make the AI not behave like a drooling idiot is a key part of this.

I had a build set up that I was going to submit, but with the changes in patch 1.3 it's pretty much kapische. It is now too hard to still reach max block and the other stuff for it without sacrificing too much from the core build. (for reference it can be viewed here http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1089706)

So, with all that out of the way we have a few guidelines to follow - outside of these broad goals there are no limits.

- easy for the AI to control in an aggressive manner.

- probably ranged, to aid in combating all those offscreen cheesers - but a melee who can close gaps VERY quickly is not out of the question.

- must not be vulnerable to trap baiting, even with the dumbass AI doing it's best to walk right over the damn things.

- must be both super tanky and have obliteratingly high DPS. It's no good if they can burst you down quick, and damage must be so high that even the tankiest of the cheesers fear for their lives. It's also no good if they can walk away and break combat to regen, then just come back in.

(to reiterate - must be both JUGGERNAUT and IRON MAN all in one. Lasers are a bonus)

- any cheesy gimmicks that are effective are welcome - whether it's permafreeze, CoD, anything. Keep in mind the AI needs to be able to effectively utilise whatever it is though.

- your budget is UNLIMITED. I will borrow or buy any item in the game that is needed. (as I'm quitting I'll probably do a bunch of borrowing rather than buying and reselling, but if I do need to buy I have tabs and tabs of exalted to throw at the project)

So feel free to submit ideas or builds. We'll work together to arrive at the strongest possible build, should be fun. Looking for concepts, trees, gear setups, etc.

In the end there is only so much we can do - there will still be people beating the map with their PVP builds and cheesing it with various setups. But if even one person dies rather than completing the Hall then our mission will have been a success :)

more info to come as we develop a build.

tldr; DESIGN THE ULTIMATE GRANDMASTER
+1 Shavs Project -----> /1075009
+1 Acuity Project ----> /990159
#1 6 t1 Wand FOE BITE (5 perfect mods) SOLD /1031745
The Tale of Foe Bite --->>> http://tinyurl.com/o6ox7an
Super Tanky offscreen Flameblaster with penetration etc.? Max the shit out of the armor, wreck the movespeed completely and give it super fast lightning warp to move?

Why you leaving anyways Jake? Found something better, or just burnt out?
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
well, why not make a flicker, cast on death!?!
IRON MAN is one hit point, no energy shield.

If I had to think of something, I'd say flicker CoC discharger.
IRON MAN
Good luck finding a way to avoid getting killed by traps. It doesn't look like the grandmasters are able to use flasks or IC intelligently.

Do you have any impact on the AI design of your grandmaster? If so, arbitrary use of lightning warp (like the spark exile) instead of running around might be a good idea to avoid triggering traps.

Other than that, can you get enough increased AoE to kill someone who cheeses you with CoD?
Nooo jake, you can't leave wtf.

Why!
"Success is not the absence of failure. Success is persistence through failure."
Currently Playing: Contagion/Essence Drain IGN: JddoggAscended

Arc's autotargetting and chaining (and therefore shotgunning) capabilities make it a very desirable primary skill for an AI character. Some kind of EB MOM super tanky crit arc would be scary. Or even an Iron will righteous fire variant out of marauder or Templar. Lots of cast speed and shock chance would be essentially in catching players of guard and quickly burst them down.

On a side note I think trying to be super resistant against everything to the point that you dont get melted by geared out players is really hard. But i would definitely try to have some kind of max elemental resistance and status ailment avoidance since crit casters seem to be the easiest way to clear the Hall.

I also agree with an earlier comment that you should have at least one cast on death link.
Last edited by PideSquare on Feb 8, 2015, 12:11:38 AM
tabs of exalts ? u just want to make me kill myself ... 2 years and i got 3 exalts in my currency tab... i really want to die now.
IGN : Sir_Big
Has anyone tried some kind of punishment summoner? You'd have to respect once you hit a high level but do some unstable minion bullshit with like tri-curse one of those being punishment so they kill themselves if they attack you and flammability so they can't kill your minions easily without damaging themselves. Idk just a thought punishment would probably rip someone or at least make the fight more difficult.
high physical per hit staff - slow base item type
Pyre ring
Avatar of Fire + CI + Disemboweling
Molten Strike + WED + Melee Phys + Melee on Full Life + Fire Pen + Crit Damage
Lightning Warp + Spell Echo + Red Duration + Curse on Hit + Flamability + Elem Weakness
Herald of Ash + Burning Damage
Hatred

Dead simple AI (LW at range, MS in melee) and OHKO potential, with built-in burning AoE against summoners.
Last edited by NeverPlaysRarelyPosts on Feb 8, 2015, 12:59:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info