[1.3] Dual Doryani Cyclone Templar Uber atziri killed

GG
updated lvling section

Will be starting with this build in the 1 month, using the 2h route of levelling then switching over when I have farmed atziri enough for 2 sceptres so I can switch
What do you gain by dual wielding here? The attack speed and global crit chance don't seem like they would make that big of a difference compared to extra block from a shield plus all the shield mods you give up.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
mark1030 wrote:
What do you gain by dual wielding here? The attack speed and global crit chance don't seem like they would make that big of a difference compared to extra block from a shield plus all the shield mods you give up.

Well, there is also the huge % ele boost and 1% ele leech from the second doryani's. Alongside that, it gives access to twin terrors for a huge crit boost, so in general just a huge damage increase.
The elemental damage and life leech are local mods, aren't they? So only 1 of the weapons would be giving you those mods at a time as they alternate hits. Twin Terrors might be enough of a bonus though...I'm not sure.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Those mods are global, that is why in the tree posted he is able to get away with such little physical scaling by converting half to lightning and getting the % elemental increase.
Not going DW will lose you a lot, lot of dps, more than can be made up by the defense from a shield.

What you lose:
-20% "more' physical damage
-10% more attack speed
-165% global crit (125 from tree, 40 from doryani)
-Other dw nodes like dervish, which give more dps than shield damage nodes
-1% ele leech
-upto 110% global WED

In the end, you'd be lucky to have even 2/3 of the dps, 1/2 seems more likely.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
Do you think Taming could be a viable ring for this build?
Thanks for the build, i really enjoy it alot! Altho im still missing the +1 curse amulet but i'll get it eventually and i hope it will add some extra for me! :D

Also will u keep playing this build/update it?
I will mostly try this build on The Awakening. Seems awesome lol. No need for ubers, just Atziri til I get some gear. Even on 5L it's quite strong.

Also, Cyclone got a mana buff so it's going to cost like half of the mana it used to.

Last edited by returnofsnow on Apr 21, 2015, 8:33:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info