Questions about Experience

So I'm relatively new to the game and I have what I hope is a basic question.

I'm running a level 74 ranger and as of right now I am 1 shotting most mobs in level 73-74 maps. If I bump the map difficulty up to higher than my own level am I going to be receiving higher amounts of experience or should I just continue to breeze through the lower level maps while I level? What is more efficient?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

GunnaShootYourEyeOut
Monsters of a higher level will give you more experience. There is an experience penalty if you are much higher or lower than the monsters, but at level 74, you won't see it by doing any of the higher maps currently in the game (max one is level 79). So, if you can kill as fast and have the same density of monsters, running higher would be better for you.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
mark1030 wrote:
... running higher would be better for you if you can afford it.

Fixed it for you. ^^
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Last edited by 666lol666 on Feb 6, 2015, 4:53:44 PM
What should I be paying for level 75/76 maps, per map?
Usually they cost about:

75 = 5 chaos
76 = 7 chaos
2 x 77 = 1 ex
78 = 1 ex

But you can get them cheaper if you buy them bulk.

Because maps are expensive and leveling until lvl 85 is so fast I would never run maps higher than lvl 74 before my char reaches lvl 85.
Edit: Even my lvl 92 char runs lvl 75 and 76 about 90% of the time. Level 78 maps? I always sell them! The difference between lvl 77 map xp and lvl 78 map xp is just not worth it.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Last edited by 666lol666 on Feb 6, 2015, 8:05:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info