Greater and lesser multiple projectiles in same setup?

Can I use both greater and lesser multiple projectiles in a linked setup and get the effect of both (i.e. 2+ from lesser and +4 from greater)?

Thanks
yes.
the question is, do you want to do that, given the mana cost and greatly reduced damage?

the only thing I can think LMP + GMP would be useful for, is Cast On Crit.
but even then there are CoC setups which don't require a ton of mana and wasting a valuable gem slot.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Feb 6, 2015, 3:46:20 PM
Thanks. I was looking for 'possible'. I knew that two 'added lightning'do not both have effect. . . .

I agree with your comments re mana and reduced damage.

I use Vaal Spark with ID and GMP to kill bosses and having more projectiles flying around would be interesting. Of course I cannot count 600 projectiles so I cannot check it for sure. This is a one shot - so mana usage is not a problem.

Thanks.
"
c_dificil wrote:
Thanks. I was looking for 'possible'. I knew that two 'added lightning'do not both have effect. . . .

I agree with your comments re mana and reduced damage.

I use Vaal Spark with ID and GMP to kill bosses and having more projectiles flying around would be interesting. Of course I cannot count 600 projectiles so I cannot check it for sure. This is a one shot - so mana usage is not a problem.

Thanks.

Even if every single projectile hit the same monster, you will still take a strict DPS loss from using both LMP and GMP at the same time, compared to just using GMP.

Maybe try GMP and Fork, instead, if you really want the projectile volume to be insane.
I would strongly recommend against the build though, like what above said.
What would happen if he use that setup with Curse on hit?
"
camapngu133 wrote:

You would have more projetiles and curse more consistently. But using 2 gem slots to increase the spread of a Coh setup is a big waste.
IGN: Scordalia_
"
Caliginosus wrote:
"
camapngu133 wrote:

You would have more projetiles and curse more consistently. But using 2 gem slots to increase the spread of a Coh setup is a big waste.

exactly.
your Curse On Hit setup in this case, needs to be a 5-link: skill + CoH + curse + LMP + GMP.
not worth it.

as HikaruYami said, GMP/LMP + Fork is better for Vaal Spark, than GMP + LMP.
back in Beta, there was a dominating build called "Spork" which did just that: multiple Sparks with Fork. often on a Spell Totem. it was absolutely destroying everything because Sparks tended to crit often back then, and there were Shock Stacks (up to 3) instead of just a Shock Status.

a warning about Vaal Spark though: it will melt your GPU, and/or the GPUs of people you are in a party with.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info