CoC kinetic blast build help?

Heres a link to the passive tree
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYARXyXl_v15Rm0OIw2VUth4iaVFr8DHh9BBiP_k7CSUdlCw9-EAv5d8nBSidNw1SoL8-oOSGNDEZZJUfDVlS4HHvIdZJ3r9Y_6nao2PeOEbIxirLTFwuxDNnn2KltS7KKjf8aCHsHzFLCaYZ-Ic3DCc8lEx8q-7j9zbOcJoM5wTLMtH5UgUDAEB4PbVcY6WGpDwFS86msXCPRSU5eVPV-X9E2SI_aNfTB8UUeNvwW1_94k_edUkycc3G-egwlGcbQMwONLV_GzdweHE5yk

Now, I thought about grabbing ondars, but then I figured since I'm not getting any evasion on the tree, I wouldn't have much anyhow..

Another thought was going AA, but neither of these are grabbed on that tree.

Also, the plan is to go CoC, kinetic blast, gmp, arctic breath, conc effect.
Is wand damage better than getting just cold damage for the arctic breath as thats where all the damage will be coming from? The pierce is going to be necessary for clear speed.

Maybe going a way with more dex would be better? Thoughts are much appreciated. Thanks!
1. Since you don't have armor or ES, why don't you get Acrobatics? It's pure benefit.

2. You still have some evasion, and even then that seems to be the most desirable armor for you. Get Ondar's unless you specifically plan on armor or ES gear. Don't see why you wouldn't prefer evasion gear, though.

3. AA is not on the tree, it's a skill gem. And seeing how you have no mana regeneration I don't see how you'd be able to run it without having to use a mobility skill all the time.

4. It's better to use Fireball in place of Conc Effect. You'll get roughly twice as many procs, and that will more than double your damage output. CE will lower the AOE on your AB, which results in slower clear speeds. Yes I understand you want it for your attack as well, but it is too much of a downside to be worthwhile.

5. Wand damage applies to wands only, and that is something CoC doesn't care for. CoC never cares about weapon damage. They only care about crit chance, attack speed, and crit multiplier.

6. You don't want pierce. AB and FB will only damage the single target that is pierced, and thus lose their AOE capability. So if there is a line of enemies, say seven, only five will be hurt if all projectiles pierce. Pierce is bad and generally a waste of time.

7. Yes, you need a lot more dex. 151 is the minimum for level 20 gems and it helps a lot with accuracy. It also gives evasion, which will help with survivability.
Heres a revised skill tree - https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYARXyXl_v15Rm0OIw2VUth4iaVFr8DHh9BBiP_k7CSUdlCw9-EAv5d8nBSidNw1SoL8-oOSGNDEZZJUfDVlS4HHvIdZJ3r9Y_6nao2PeOEbIxirLTFwuyio3_GwfNMsy0flSBQMAQHg9tVxjpYakPAVLzqaxcI9FJTl5U9X5f0TZIj9o19MHxRR42_BbX_3iT951STJxzcb56DCUZxtAzA40tX8bN3B4cTnKQ6Qkt43agwcdQjuMo7fA_EflkFQkGWrrPQ9Umx18_5N--I

Also this character is for hardcore.

With AA, the point was I would grab mana, mana regen, and EB.

I hear what youre saying about fireball, and you're definitely right. I said pierce because if you watch hegemony's coc build he gets pierce and it works wonders. - heres the link to the video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHDM3NPTiEE

Grabbed a 30 dex node , I can make up the rest on gear.

I grabbed spell crit/multi because those skills procced by coc still have crit if im not mistaken.

Really appreciate the input!

Edit:Forgot to grab ondars in that tree
Last edited by Coasteroli on Feb 6, 2015, 5:21:14 PM
Also, if I got pierce, kinetic blast would pierce and proc more hits for potential crits

If I go pure eva, I'm thinking auras would be HOI, HOT, and grace.
Last edited by Coasteroli on Feb 6, 2015, 5:38:01 PM
1. Why do you have AOE nodes? You only get 12% damage and 20% increased AOE. Those four points can be spent getting: 4% spell damage per p-charge, accuracy and crit chance by Ghost Reaver, mana nodes by Ghost Reaver and your northwestern most life nodes, Ondar's Guile, or the valuable witch flask nodes. The flask nodes being very powerful and very important. 30% flask effect is a huge difference.

2. Hege's build does not calculate that a piercing AB/FB only deals single target damage. Yeah pierce is good if enemies are funneled, but this is not always the case and even then it isn't desirable. The time CoC with GMP is best is when enemies are spread out, and if you purposefully funnel enemies you go against the strength of your build.

3. Spell crit chance and multiplier is nice, but keep in mind that things like the True Strike notable and circle apply to attacks and spells. And if attacks crit more often, you get more spells. More spells means more crit chance due to more rolls. I'd rather have a maxed crit chance attack (95% if I recall), as opposed to 45% attack crit chance and 45% spell crit chance. This is because I can then use any spell, rely on my attacks to generate flask charges, and my damage is more reliable. This means reflect is more reliable and therefor easier to combat, especially since flask charges are also steadily refilling. This is why I mention the accuracy/crit circle by Ghost Reaver, as it helps your attacks and spells, though mostly your attacks. This is also why p-charge nodes are powerful, and the 4% spell damage per node is quiet handy. With your minimum 5 p-charges, you'd be getting 20% spell damage. 24% if you went for Alira in merciless. Not much damage, but it's a lot for a single point.

I grabbed area nodes for 2 reasons - if I'm not getting pierce, AB and FB explode. That would increase the radius of both explosions.. By 20%. Which I agree isn't 100% necessary but I think it would be a good addition.

Also, kinetic blast is an AoE skill, and if I can increase the size of each AoE, wouldn't that equate to more targets hit = more crits = more damage?

Also, do you think thief's torment would be beneficial? The 20-30 life on hit I feel would add a ton of survivability - but it could be tough getting resistances - but then again I also am not using tabula AND have a shield. Or would 2 wands be better for the more crit?
"
Coasteroli wrote:
I grabbed area nodes for 2 reasons - if I'm not getting pierce, AB and FB explode. That would increase the radius of both explosions.. By 20%. Which I agree isn't 100% necessary but I think it would be a good addition.

Also, kinetic blast is an AoE skill, and if I can increase the size of each AoE, wouldn't that equate to more targets hit = more crits = more damage?

Also, do you think thief's torment would be beneficial? The 20-30 life on hit I feel would add a ton of survivability - but it could be tough getting resistances - but then again I also am not using tabula AND have a shield. Or would 2 wands be better for the more crit?

The thing is that it also increases the distance between KB's blasts, meaning that a blast that would normally have hit will no longer hit, even though that individual blast is larger. It's just like Firestorm. IAOE not only makes the fireballs bigger, it makes the AOE entirely bigger, making the skill weaker overall.

Thief's Torment is for the life/mana on hit and, more importantly, the reduced effect of curses. You normally want ~50% overcap on res due to curses, but with this you'd only need about 25% or so, unless you run curse immunity flasks.
Thanks for the constant fast feedback. Makes sense about the AoE. So - yes to thiefs torment? Any other uniques you think I should consider?
"
Coasteroli wrote:
Thanks for the constant fast feedback. Makes sense about the AoE. So - yes to thiefs torment? Any other uniques you think I should consider?

Thief's Torment is much like a keystone; it doesn't necessarily plug in but is a wonderful item if you can use it. It not only gives mana on hit, it gives life on hit. This frees up a socket if you require LGOH, which can drastically increase survivability, damage, or utility as it affects all hits, not just the one you use LGOH with.

The curse reduction is great overall, as things like Temporal Chains and Vulnerability are far less powerful.

One build that would greatly benefit from Thief's Torment is a low-life aura stacker, and then mjolner, and then MoM builds.

But as I said, not everyone can plug them in. Most builds would do better with two rings with +80 or more life, resists, ES, and so on.

Most uniques are just like this. For instance, low-life aura stackers can get by with weaker ES gear due to Discipline giving a huge amount already, thus they can use other uniques that enable other styles of play.

But you're a life build, so you need as much life on gear as you can get. This means fewer uniques. So unless there's one you specifically want, I wouldn't try to push for it.
"
Natharias wrote:
The thing is that it also increases the distance between KB's blasts, meaning that a blast that would normally have hit will no longer hit, even though that individual blast is larger. It's just like Firestorm. IAOE not only makes the fireballs bigger, it makes the AOE entirely bigger, making the skill weaker overall.

This isn't correct, blast density stays the same when you increase or decrease AoE, you just get less or more global coverage.

AoE is useful if you use KB with multiprojectiles, I guess, you get more overlapping.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Feb 7, 2015, 4:38:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info