Noob - Wanna do an Assassin (2 Daggers) - Which Class/Build?

Hi guys,
I´m a noob, yes. :-)
I want to do a build, where I use 2 Daggers. Why? Because I think it looks cool!

Which class and which (maybe op) build should I choose for that? The Build is for standard, not hardcore.

Thanks!
Last edited by Eruo on Feb 6, 2015, 10:25:25 AM
Shadow. why? he looks like an assassin (and has dagger/crit passives nearby)

or Scion if you like blonde busty chicks with daggers:)
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Or if you're a fan of Witcher 2: Assassin's of kings, go for the marauder. He has a oompaloompa worth of melee and strength.

Or if you like creepy (possibly) bisexual (alledgedly) pedophile assassins. Vote for Templar. He does elemental dagger!
So shadow is the choice!
Is there any popular and good build going around? If I check the shadow forum they mostly even have shields or 2h weapons. :-O
Go ranger for that juicy attack speed node. Focus on crit, life, evasion, and dagger damage nodes.

Notable keystones:
Acrobatics
Phase Acrobatics
Ondar's Guile
Charisma
The poison dagger wheel near shadow start
Mind Drinker

Use Charisma and Alpha's Howl to run Hatred, Grace and Herald of Fire

Links are:
Reave + multi + melee phys + faster attacks + whatever

DW Binos. Maligaros gloves. Meginords. Atziris step. Alpha's. Make up your res on jewelry.

Use a 4L to run another low level reave + curse on hit + assassin's mark + power charge on critical.
Thanks for your answer.
As I´m a noob I´d rather stick to a complete guide describing everything I need. ;-)
Really no build/guide tips?
What was wrong with my suggestions, fool?
i am unaware of any guides.

tips, i would suggest ranger, because its the best start for that sort of thing. Pure Evasion with Acrobatics is probably the most realistic defense open to you when going life Daggers, that leaves you quite weak to physical damage when hit. You need a CODT Immortal Call type setup and/or a Lightning Coil chest (hard to build in because of resist penalty and no shield), so probably Cast on Damage Taken IC.

Personally I wouldnt do it without a Coil, but that takes fairly pricey gears to balance, if you dont mind dying a couple of times then just saying f it and going pure Evasion Acro is fine. But be aware you are a fairly glass cannon spec because despite what people say, the way Daggers are placed on the tree does give them a downside of missing out on a lot of core toe to toe melee defenses like Armour and excessive amounts of Endurance Charges.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAm42v6wguAdHtgxmOAF7Tfu96JJ19de_j5wpiWv66A4cKmxutlWZ46_zFVvpnoN0Nd9eHdizpW69_K-OfytNieTB81opKfRm0FfZRR419vqcABo2_51Qj9mVNYEEFtST9TZK9NmNwwuzUI-jW_95HfrTFMHGbJoTZYqzb592oMgGdqmyMRwZLeLIZ2Hby4TpCz3q5Plb1Y0Nh66xm224OSHpTLOGX0BGWXfJ9446KBx6QG3DVlS5wVonT8NWaE3BSSVHb1CoL8-q1SKZ_7UGxsxa_JpVh4lVLjDZ3_Q==

something like that. Youd take everything in the Ranger start, go down take Thick Skin, then to Ondars and take everything on the way up to the Dagger Nodes above the Shadow, then fill out Shadow, go down to Twin Terrors then take the Duelist nodes. Id leave out acrobatics till late game, try and gear up with EV or EV+AR items while leveling and use a Granite Flask to safeguard against big hitters till you got all your endgame gears on. Endgame is probably all Evasion gear, Rats Nest would be a choice hat for example, Id take that over Maligaros gloves and just use good Attack Speed + Accuracy + 1 Resist + Life rare Evasion gloves, imo imo. Rustic Sash belt, rings/ammu u want life, res, flat phys damage, crit chance, crit multi, accuracy, leech.

Auras are Hatred and Grace, you need 2% Physical Attack Damage Leeched As Mana from 1 piece of your gear (spawns on amulets, rings, gloves), if you cant get that you spec Mind Drinker until you can find that upgrade item with the stat.

Skills you can use are any skills that work with melee daggers, Reave, Dual Strike, Flicker Strike, Viper Strike blah blah.
"
Zixar wrote:
What was wrong with my suggestions, fool?

Maybe, just maybe, the 10ex+ cost of the build.
Or that you just threw words he probably never heard of at him :)
Last edited by Arviû on Feb 7, 2015, 6:35:30 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info