Marauder Skill Gems - Help needed

Hey guys!
I´m fairly new to PoE and maily following this guide:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/73072/page/1

The skill gem section is fairly short, so I was thinking about some changes.
As final goal, I want my gear like this:

Aoe Dmg:
6 linked weapon: Groundslam - Meele Physical Dmg - LifeLeech - Added Fire Dmg - Faster Attacks - ###

Single target dmg (boss mobs):
6 linked armor: Heavy Strike - meele Physical Dmg - LifeLeech - Added Fire Dmg - Faster Attacks - Stun

Movement:
4 linked: Leap Slam - Faster Attacks

Sustain:
4 Linked: Cast When Dmg taken - Enduring Cry - Immortal Call - Increased Duration

More Dmg:
4 Linked: Herald of Ash - Added Fire Dmg - Fire Penetration - ###

Any general thoughts about that?
Would activated HoA apply for Groundslam and Heavystrike?
Waht would you use as addition instead of the ###?

Hope you have some advice for me :) Thx!
About the HoA: It does apply to both Ground Slam and Heavy Strike. However Added Fire Damage won't do anything but increase the cost. And I doubt that Fire penetration is really helpful either (it would only affect the explosions from the HoA). Reduced Mana on the other hand is a must, esp. since the build uses BM.

For reduces Mana i put a skillpoint in Mortal Conviction.
Is there anything else I could support HoA with or should I just put it in a single slot? Then i could have my Leapstrike and HoA on one item. Would give me another opportunity for a cool 4 linked gem combo, like a totem or something...
What he meant is that you want to support it with the Reduced Mana gem on top of having the reduced mana reservation from Mortal Conviction. The less life you loose this way, the better!

Options for HoA:
I will assume HoA + Reduced Mana for the first two links so you have two more free

a) no other links
HoA will do its job and reserve very little life but it is more of a damage support
b) + Increased Burning Damage + Increased AoE
stronger and wider effect
c) + Increased Burning Damage + Elemental Proliferation
stronger effect that will spread to nearby enemies; can cover pretty much the whole screen once your ele prolif gem is fully leveled up.

Edit: a couple more things not concerning the HoA combo.

* Planning with a 6L is like planning your vacation with the money you want to win in a lottery; planning with two 6L is like selling your car and house because you somehow got the feeling that a random stranger will give you a free villa and a Lamborghini.
The highest you can usually get as a new or semi casual player is a 5L and even that takes some time.

* You might consider switching Life Leech for Life Gain on Hit on your AoE setup since the life leech from hitting multiple enemies at the same time will not stack.

* The culling strike on stun notable might reduce the efficiency of your HoA since culled enemies won't activate its secondary effect.
11.02.2013 - 11.02.2017: four year PoE anniversary!
Last edited by vargorn on Feb 6, 2015, 9:06:42 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info