Mr_Aek's MF Build

For those who ask for my current build I will post my current MFing gear at the top, below is an ideal end-game culler build with Passive Tree. I will not add a passive tree to my current MF build due to it not being a "true" cull character.

My current Torment/Bloodlines MF gear is:

I currently do not have flask nodes (will have them by level 80, don't want to unspec damage nodes to get flask nodes pre-level 80) As you can tell, I have a shitty want (low int on build), bad rings/neck and have been using rat's nest as my helm (which is only 50% of the potential rarity I could get). Pre chest/flask the build cost me 12c (rat's nest was a drop I found) and gave 257/24. I found Apep's Rage doing 257/24 solo mapping (50% resist all 3k dps) Apep's sold for 2ex letting me buy the flask and greed's embrace (31%/11%) which I divined for the 14/46.

Current Cull numbers with flask, (no flask nodes) is 360/56 or 315/71 with Sadmia's. I'm currently not using Sadmia's because I need at least 350 rarity for Dom.

My current goal is to upgrade my neck/helm. Get flask nodes, switch Aurseize for Sadmia's, get two anders and should be around 430/80 with max rolled Goldwyrm, Perandus, and Sadmia's.

This is the current build I use for my Dual Flame totem Marauder:

This gear + flask nodes next to Witch tree gives 439/96 with Flask running.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

On mapping I run:

This gear + flask nodes next to Witch tree gives me 547/72 with Flask Running. (I will probably buy a max-rolled Stormsail soon for 549/72)

"

Aura's: For Dom culls I use the Aurumvorax for the +60% Resist all, this means the only aura I need to run to have max resists is Purity of Lightning. I also run Vitality to increased my HP regain to 6% (vs 4%)

On mapping I favor 100 more rarity at the sacrifice of 24% quantity. This is because the rarity drops are much lower and I'd rather the increase in yellow drops over the increase in white drops (I've been told GGG has confirmed that quantity on gear does NOT effect the chance of a map drop) On mapping I use Purity of Lightning, Purity of Fire, and Vitality - I will soon get 5% more Fire resist off tree and remove Purity of Fire so I can have a larger mana pool to use pot with.

How Do I Cull with pot?
At Current I cull with pot by mana spamming Flammability. I have Flammability linked with Increased AOE to take more mana to combat clarity if someone in a party is running it (yes, I wanted to make this MF character clarity proof). Others have suggested using arctic armour level 1 to use pot, problem is level one takes 36 mana running (I have 20 regain) this means it'll drain my mana too fast without clarity and do nothing with clarity.

Question: Why do you run less Rarity on Dom and more on maps?
Answer: Dom will actually max out Rarity at around 350%, more is overkill, therefore the best thing to do is stack quantity.

Question: Why more rarity on maps?
Answer: unlike Dom, maps do no max out on rarity as easily. therefore increased rarity to get more yellow drops off of rares/blues/regular mobs will give you a better profit than the increased quantity (nothing like more white items!)

Question: Why do you not use Wondertrap or other Rarity boots?
Answer: Since my Murderer is life based (not es based) I cannot go low-life for Wondertrap. In order for me to go full MF gear and survive maps I need to max out resists other ways (using triple purity/resist nodes for 150% resist off tree)

Why not use Rarity boots? the max Rarity I've seen on poe.trade is 32%, in my opinion 29% quantity is more significant than 32% rarity. if the max rarity on boots was 50% (like helms) rarity boots would possibly outweigh Goldwyrm, but they do not.

----------------------
Last edited by Mr_Aek on Apr 1, 2015, 10:16:11 PM
I killed Atziri for the first time following this guide! Thanks Aek! :D
Last edited by Manijak82 on Feb 26, 2015, 2:15:44 PM
Manijak82, sorry for such a late reply. doubt you'll get this but you should probably add item rarity gem to your link, but very nice staff. you lose the iir from a shield.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info