[1.3] KNIVES FROM HELL ! HUGE LIFE - MASSIVE REGENERATION - ENOURMOUS STRENGTH !

Hello exiles/mate/bro'/dude : i'm sorry for my poor english, but i'm french

The combination of

and

gives you a Righteous Fire Ethereal Knives build !

Concept and requirement

Righteous fire (=RF) is a huge buff for spell damage. It degenerates your life and the life of close enemies from your maximum life.

Ethereal Knives (=EK) is a "physical damage" spell.

What do you need ?

=> High life and high life regeneration to substain RF, get high survivability and deal good damage with RF degeneration.

=> Spell damage, Projectile damage, Cast speed, Projectile speed for EK

=> Mana regen to sustain EK without Blood magic

=> HUGE amount of Strength => HUGE bonus to DPS thanks to Iron Will and Doon Cuebiyari

How to sustain correctly RF ?

=> High life regen / Purity of Fire / Rise of the Phoenix

How to get a high DPS on EK ?

=> Strength + Iron Will + Doon Cuebiyari / RF / Dual curse / Passive / Auras

Passive tree / Stats

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAxtg9_Fhj9kjEWF8_FCBQR-8O8i8aPikufLhXDfGsggfyQdIhz36tjdlhCfbUfAYOJ-0ZLv5UDc0rUBzOPQ_E9mjyr2xM_zwtW6CnVXwOQ8gEs6IA8B_AZsCaCarZ_OFzmjuCm9Wm7TwaOJBVJy_sOFOlDF8cp8au2L3-Crc-TeP-jzWSOuGmV_JFMZ756EGHlKDaYmh0U1JFnZrg6-4o-oLHCGeTOr0nGDyQ1iHD-WVX4YTZAdy-ingNqW618r6nZU29Nkd-1fjEuM2Y6mJ1y3rvdO2E72Eh4uoFLWBLJ9Uk2IVt1YGMzw==

Important stats

=> Life : +228% life, 13.7% life regen, +340 strength, +84 maximum life

=> Tank : +200% armour, +30% elemental resistance, +1% to maximum fire Resistance

=> Mana : +185% mana regen, +53% maximum mana, 19% reduced mana cost of skills

=> DPS : +75% spell damage, +33% cast speed, +36% projectile damage, +10% projectile speed, some elemental/fire damage

=> Buff : 5% chance to Freeze and Ignite

Gear

There are few uniques that you really need on this build : they are core items.

Doon Cuebiyari : this build is focused on getting a high amount of strength. Moreover, cast speed and strength bonus are perfect.

Rise of the phoenix : you need it to substain RF, it's cheap and super effective.

Alberon's Warpath : the 18% increased strength is just way too good.. Every 500 strength, you get 100 additionnal strength ! It adds also armour, movement speed and chaos damage !

Rustic Stash belt : you need one because EK is afflicted by global buff. Choose one with high elem res and strength/life/armour.

Astramentis : +116 to all attributes is just DAAAMNLY good for Iron Will. But this amulet is the most expensive piece of your gear.

Black Sun Crest : new helmet with 15% Increased Strength, +1 to Level of Socketed Gems and 135% Increased Armour. The 15% increases strength mod is just way too good to not consider.

The rest : Maximize strength/ life/ important to cap the elemental resistances

Gems, links & explanation

DPS : EK + Spell Echo + Faster Projectiles + Iron Will + Added fire damage (+ Faster casting /Empower)

Spoiler

%q on EK, Iron Will, Spell echo are really important, to get a huge spell bonus !

Clarity set up : Clarity + Blood magic + Reduced mana

Spoiler

A level 20 Clarity gives 25 mana per second. With a high leveled Blood magic and Reduced mana, Clarity takes near 700 life. Your character is a high based life character, near to 7k so it's ok.

Survival set up: CWDT + Enduring cry + Immortal coil

Spoiler

Classic.

RF links : RF + Increase Area of effect + Increase burning damage + Empower/Concentrated effect

Spoiler

Why Empower ? Empower increase the "more spell damage" part of RF, which is the core of the build.
It's better to use it when you just clear some maps.

When do I use Conc. effect ? Against bosses, the RF damage is very important !

Curse : Ball lightning + Curse on hit + Vulnerability + Projectile Weakness/Temporal chains

Spoiler

This is how you start every fight : ball lightning ! Couple with curse on hit, this is a great gem to trigger the dual curses.

Why Ball lightning over Herald of thunder ?

=> You have no way to shock enemies

=> You have no place to a 4th aura

=> You can curse bosses

Why Vulnerability ?

=> Afflict RF damage and EK damage ! The perfect curse by far, against bosses or not.

Why Projectile Weakness ?

=> Pierce the enemy and dealing more damage on them are the way to fast clear maps, dudes ! Huge synergy with EK.

Why Temporal chains ?

=> Against bosses, you don't want to pierce them. Temporal chains reduced their speed and permits to curse them less often.

Auras set up : Hatred + Herald of ash + Purity of Fire + Reduced mana

Spoiler

=> Hatred is the best aura for "physical damage based character".

=> Purity of fire is not an option.

=> Herald of ash : could take Herald of Ice because you can't trigger the ignite part of HoA but 15% extra fire damage is better.

Bandits

=> Passive OR +40 life ?

Spoiler

+40 life is better in order to get the maximum life out of it.

But I think passive is more flexible, and I always prefer passive in a dilemma. Personal choice !

=> Oak to get this beautiful +18% Physical Damage

=> Passive

DPS explanation

EK gets a high DPS bonus from :

=> Strength : Iron Will + Doon Cuebayari

=> RF : 60% more spell damage / 15% increase spell damage

=> Tree : Spell damage / Projectile damage / Strength / Cast Speed / Projectile speed / Elemental and Fire damage

=> Curses : Vulnerability / Projectile Weakness

=> Support gem and %q gem (no sh** Sherlock)

RF calculation : at least, without any gear, thanks to a RF calculator => 23K !

About me

My PC is back ! I can play PoE.

I created a new account and I have a level 51 Templar, because this build could be done by a Templar too.

I still need few currencies to get some orb of regrets..and Rise of the Phoenix/Doon Cuebiyari (5 chaos each) and ofc currencies for Astramentis and the other stuffs.

I have no guild / no friends. I'm open to new people !

Thanks a lot for reading this post. I'm looking forward to get some answers, improvement and questions.
Last edited by Justice_ on Feb 26, 2015, 3:59:59 PM
Consider the new Unique helmet, with ~15% increased STR aswell. http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Black_Sun_Crest

"
HoGji wrote:
Consider the new Unique helmet, with ~15% increased STR aswell. http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Black_Sun_Crest

OMG what an amazing Helmet for this build (% strength is an amazing mod) and the RF set up !

+1 gem is +1% more spell damage

Thanks a lot ! I'll reddit asap my post.

Yet, what you think of the build ?
"
Justice_ wrote:
"
HoGji wrote:

OMG what an amazing Helmet for this build (% strength is an amazing mod) and the RF set up !

+1 gem is +1% more spell damage

Thanks a lot ! I'll reddit asap my post.

Yet, what you think of the build ?

I would use something else in the helmet instead of getting 1 % more spell dmg, from RF. I would maybe use some Vaal gem? But i like the build, i am just not a fan of EK :)
"
HoGji wrote:

I would use something else in the helmet instead of getting 1 % more spell dmg, from RF. I would maybe use some Vaal gem? But i like the build, i am just not a fan of EK :)

I don't like Vaal gem at all..and +1% more spell damage is very good ! The more bonus is very effective.

Even if you don't like EK, is it viable ?
"
Justice_ wrote:
"
HoGji wrote:

I don't like Vaal gem at all..and +1% more spell damage is very good ! The more bonus is very effective.

Even if you don't like EK, is it viable ?

Most definatly yes! Just be careful of reflect, with such high damages. Also, use Hatred instead of Herald of ice, since Hatred is a % added dmg.
"
HoGji wrote:

Most definatly yes! Just be careful of reflect, with such high damages. Also, use Hatred instead of Herald of ice, since Hatred is a % added dmg.

Mmm..Herald of ice reserved 17% of my mana, and Hatred 42%..

With 700 base mana, i'll have :

=> 90 mana with Hatred

=> 266 mana with Herald of Ice
BUMP !

I changed the build a little bit and I need to know if it's viable or not !

Thanks a lot for your answers
I don't see what you changed, but the build sure seems viable as heck to me !
You'll get ridiculously tanky with that amount of strength and life regen. In cases of emergency, just pop a Ruby and a Life Flask and there you go, your regenerate more than 2000 health per second, no problem !

Plus, this build could work with any spell you'd like to use, not just EK :)
Seeing as you can get up to more than 1000 strength, that's 200% spell damage from Iron Will and more than 100% damage from Doon Cuebiyari, plus the boost from RF ; I think the damage will be quite insane as well !
The only problem would be reflect but I think it's up to experimentation to see whether or not you can run a map with only RF dealing damage (meaning no reflect problem at all). With that kind of life pool, I think it would be possible.

If I weren't working on my ES-based RF Witch, I would try this build out, but building 2 RF characters at the same time will end up boring me, so it'll have to wait ^^

Still, I think it's definitely viable and potentially very strong !
"
Vadler wrote:
I don't see what you changed, but the build sure seems viable as heck to me !
You'll get ridiculously tanky with that amount of strength and life regen. In cases of emergency, just pop a Ruby and a Life Flask and there you go, your regenerate more than 2000 health per second, no problem !

Plus, this build could work with any spell you'd like to use, not just EK :)
Seeing as you can get up to more than 1000 strength, that's 200% spell damage from Iron Will and more than 100% damage from Doon Cuebiyari, plus the boost from RF ; I think the damage will be quite insane as well !
The only problem would be reflect but I think it's up to experimentation to see whether or not you can run a map with only RF dealing damage (meaning no reflect problem at all). With that kind of life pool, I think it would be possible.

If I weren't working on my ES-based RF Witch, I would try this build out, but building 2 RF characters at the same time will end up boring me, so it'll have to wait ^^

Still, I think it's definitely viable and potentially very strong !

Thanks for your support mate !

So basically I can go for it ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info