[1.3] 7D's Glacial Cascade Build Guide [Crit; Perma freeze; Vaal Pact; Easy Atziri] 67k*4 DPS

7D, sorry if this was asked before. Your thoughts on Cloak of Defiance?
Currently im running GC - echo - faster cast - conc effect - life leech and inc crit damage for general mapping instead of 20/23 added cold. This enables me to use pcoc instead of inc crit damage for curse immune maps and bosses/atziri. I've been debating whether to chrom my carcass to get a green socket for added cold, and whether this is actually better than inc crit damage/pcoc in terms of freezing bosses (which i havent seen happening as often as i would like it to), and general mapping. Feedback/suggestions welcome before i waste a shitload of chroms. Thanks.
IGN: puffnumbertwo
@gm08872
if u use voids definitely use maligaro's to!
i prefer voids for atziri and divinariuses for mapping.
simnply, i dont feel the need for more dmg in mapping, even double beyond abaxoth dies pretty quickly to double divinariuses.. (had 2 abaxoths in 1 78 map just recently, killed both using divinariuses) and i rly dont feel like dmg>area in mapping. i prefer area.

@Legolasgrnlf
hmm legacy cloak maybe, the current cloak is just not good enough to accept the area loss
and you simply dont even let enemies hit you with this build, and if u get hit u simply refill your health with vaal pact. so i dont think its necessary to go that defensive

@Puff_Maestro
no its ok, thats what i was using for a while too, since i was switching to voids vs atziri and there i needed pcoc. u HAVE to use maligaros with this gem setup tho.
i would say, added cold is best untill u use maligaros, with maligaros added crit damage is better.
Started this chara as a witch on standard ( have a Alpha's and Jack there )lv 79 now and doing fine on maps till 74 without any crazy mods. Have about 3.8K health and tooltip dps is just above 10K with current items wich i use atm to get full resists and the necesarry dex.
These are my items
Spoiler

This is my skilltree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAv4EswVCBx4I9A5IEFgRLRGWGjgabCcvKPopTyo4LJwwlzWSOYo8BT1fQYdBlkLDRKtFnUbXSVFMs1AwUlNTUlVLVa5XKV3yYeJknWpDaxdtGXBScNVxhXyDfll_xoIQgh6Cm4LHidOMNo-mj_qQVZUglS6XlZf0mjua4J2un9-iAKKjpwipbq6zr5uxQrXytz64k7zqwBrAVMBmwfPN-tD11abYvdrd2wvfhN-K37DkIuvu6_XsOO988NXyHfno_go=

using 2 x dex notes to get just enough to use my gear and haste, and here is my question concerning this, how do get enough mana to run all aura's and still cast GC ? If i turn on HoI, HoT, clarity, AA and haste i don't have enough mana to cast anything so i don't turn on haste wich is pitty as haste alone boosts GC about 1.5K alone. Should i go for ES notes or go for mana nodes, wich benifits me most ? Also is this amu i found yesterday worth it to mastercraft life or res and crit chance on it ? This one would solve most of my dex probs and free up 2 skillpoints.
Spoiler

Anyway i have lots of fun with this chara so big thank to the OP :-)

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAv4EswVCBx4I9A5IEFgRLRGWGjgnLyj6KjgsnDWSPAU9X0GHQZZCw0SrRZ1JUUyzUDBSU1NSVUtVrl3yYeJknWpDaxdtGXBScNV8g35Zf8aCEIIegpuCx4nTjDaPpo_6kFWVIJUul5WX9Jo7muCf36IAoqOpbq6zr5u18rc-uJO86sBUwGbB88360PXVpti92wvfhN-K37Dr7uv17DjvfPDV8h356P4K7TzbXkVHMtEreB_HBAeD21XGJpUWv2NDDH0=
your skilltree how i would do it for now, and next i would take inner force, and right after
a lot of mana notes.

the amulet is no good. getting a crit amulet with dex and cast speed (like mine) will give u like 5k dps at least.

Arctic armor is not afected by reduced mana!

as for mana problems, consider that every bit of es on your gear will give u mana instead. and try to get a lot of mana regen on gear. with that u should be able to use hoi hot clarity haste and AA
Last edited by 7DJester on Mar 24, 2015, 7:54:04 AM

My gear. I'll change to Divinarius soon. Just don't have the cash to buy one. And the shield is there so I can outregen AA degen.
bro, your gear and your link setup is completly different i gues your skilltree is too.. so i cannot give u any advice...
except cold pen is no good
Last edited by 7DJester on Mar 24, 2015, 4:51:27 PM
Hello Master. I'm really enjoying this build, both the simplicity and the power.

My SkillTree (level 85):
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAv4EBwSzBUIHYwj0DH0OSA_EEFgRLRGWFecWvxo4GmwmlScvKPopTyo4LJwy0TWSO3w8BT1fQYdBlkLDRXxFnUyzUDBSU1NSVUtVxlcrXfJfKmHiY0NqQ2sXbRlwUnDVc7N8g35Zfsd_xoIegpuCx4PbhX2J04w2kFWVIJeVl5eX9Jo7muCdrp_fogCio6cIqW6us6-btfK3PriTuMq86r2CwFTAZsHzy73N-tD11abYvdsL217fhOQi5Yvr5Ovu7DjvfPBr-dv56P4K_rM=
My Gear:

Which way to go now? Keep walking until "Inner Force" or follow the direction of "Celestial Punishment"?

You can use Arctic Armour at level 20? I believe I will not be able to have enough mana to get there. I stopped on level 16.
I also have problems with mobs using Leap Slam.
Suggestions are welcome.

Last edited by Zatlan on Mar 25, 2015, 9:01:32 AM
yeah go for inner force.
u simply need mana regen on your gear to sustain aa 20.. u do see that i have alot on my rings, also my high flat mana/es gives me alot of mana regen.. so i rly have no issue sustaining AA lvl 20!

u have problems vs leap slammers cuz u slow as fuck!
i have 120% movementspeed... they never hit me.(u dont use momentspeed flask, use a quicksivler flask-> surgeons of adrenaline)
example->

u can simply dodge them with that momentspeed :P

and get a belt with more hp for god's sake-> 33hp u get from your current belt..
i get 157 from mine....

btw try skilltree v2...
Last edited by 7DJester on Mar 24, 2015, 7:50:09 PM
"
and get a belt with more hp for god's sake-> 33hp u get from your current belt..
i get 157 from mine....

Ok, I'll try to make some changes around here. Thank U!

Taking advantage of the message, this glove is good? I caught with Vorici:

This interferes in some way with the Vaal Pact?
Last edited by Zatlan on Mar 25, 2015, 9:44:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info