Is it worth start HC now?

Sorry for the casual question.

I got numerous chars on standard, got lot of wealth, bored, and i dont see any point to start a new char.
Also i'm late with torment league now, only played for 4 days at the beginning.
Also almost all league starts when i can't play, so whats left for me is HC to try out..

I think i'd enjoy HC , but I know nothing about it, I'm afraid about its economy, and the player base.
-Is the economy so fucked up there as it is on standard?
-Only the best ilvl78 rare, 6link, and best uniques worth something, and what i could find on lvl66maps would worth nothing?
-Or because of the lot of RIPs with gear lost, the economy is keeping balanced always ,and even lower items are needed and can be traded?
-Are there any new players, or noone starts new there nowadays, and the league is dead?

ty
D3 treasure goblins's escape portal is an entrance to Wraeclast
"
Moeeom123 wrote:
Sorry for the casual question.

I got numerous chars on standard, got lot of wealth, bored, and i dont see any point to start a new char.
Also i'm late with torment league now, only played for 4 days at the beginning.
Also almost all league starts when i can't play, so whats left for me is HC to try out..

I think i'd enjoy HC , but I know nothing about it, I'm afraid about its economy, and the player base.
-Only the best ilvl78 rare, 6link, and best uniques worth something, and what i could find on lvl66maps would worth nothing?
-Or because of the lot of RIPs with gear lost, the economy is keeping balanced always ,and even lower items are needed and can be traded?
-Are there any new players, or noone starts new there nowadays, and the league is dead?

ty

When thinking about aleague where people die and lose all their gear compared to a dumpster league, why do you think that the hardcore economy would be fucked or that only the best items sell? People die all the time, gear is not as abudant.

Play challenge leagues, parent leagues are either a dumpster with a screwed up economy or a wasteland that is made redudant by the mere existence of a more rippy league.
You can play the hardcore parent league. More people play the parent leagues once the temp leagues end.
The cup can either be half-full or half-empty as to that being a good or bad thing.

Personally, I play almost entirely solo self-found so, it makes zero difference to me if many play a specific league or not. If grouping with others is of utmost importance to you, you should expect it to be harder to do until the temp leagues are over. Even then, it will probably be harder to do than on standard where so many more people play.
Both leagues suffer a loss of player base, when the temp leagues are happening.
Where there's one they're bound to divide it right in two.
If playing hardcore is something you're interested in, play it. You never know what kind of mileage you'll get until you try. You may die before getting to maps.

The temp leagues aren't over yet. Starting a character there with the expectation of it going to the parent league soon isn't a bad idea either.
Where there's one they're bound to divide it right in two.
The HC community overwhelmingly plays temp league. We are HC.
Last edited by BackwoodsS on Feb 3, 2015, 3:13:43 PM
ty for answers.

Weelll bloodlines was fun until a merc a1 Colossal Vaal Fallen 2hited me with 2,3k hp, 75%allres, and decent armor at lvl48
D3 treasure goblins's escape portal is an entrance to Wraeclast
"
Moeeom123 wrote:
ty for answers.

Weelll bloodlines was fun until a merc a1 Colossal Vaal Fallen 2hited me with 2,3k hp, 75%allres, and decent armor at lvl48

Your mistake was being in merc act 1 at level 48. Should be at least 53 to start.
Your second mistake was not wearing a belt of the deceiver so crit didn't two shot you.
You're third mistake was either getting to close to a slow ass collosal vaal or playing melee
"
Moeeom123 wrote:
ty for answers.

Lol that's exacly what happened to my templar.
"

HC challenge leagues have the best economy of any league

"
-Only the best ilvl78 rare, 6link, and best uniques worth something

Gear you would throw away on standard/torment have value in chaos on bloodlines. Things like CoD are worth 2-3ex on BL whereas on torment they are pretty mumch vendor trash. Also check out the best weapons on BL in xyz as a standard player you will probably pee your pants. And remember even if someone crafts a GG weapon there always a chance someone might "take the trash to the dumpster" or "feed the crows".

"

This is a big part of it

"
-Are there any new players, or no one starts new there nowadays, and the league is dead?

Enough players to party up im sure, less players has it's advantages and disadvantages.

Sorry to hear you ripped, but when you do git gud at the game dying while getting to maps is something you wont even consider as possibility unless its day 1 of the league.
Last edited by BossOfThisGym on Feb 5, 2015, 6:55:47 PM
I only started playing PoE again due to previous gfx card crapping out (took me awhile to replace - monies lol), it's almost never to late to jump into temp hc leagues, their just.. so much better.
#NeverGoing90

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info