Help me respec my Dagger Shadow!

This char used to be a ST phys crit build that ran Acro + Phase Acro and Ondar's. But I haven't touched him since 1.3.0.

Now that 1.3.1 has removed Abyssus's crit multi from working with ST, I won't be able to go back to his old tree anyways.

Any thoughts on what I should respec to? I was thinking reave or maybe flicker (either way I would be life based).

Here's his gear:
Spoiler

The character is level 84, with bandit choices Oak, Oak, Alira.

Thanks in advance, and looking forward to some input!

-Savage
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
you might find flicker hard to pull off with that gear mate, its good gear dont get me wrong but for flicker, well, imo, you really want to be running Bloodrage. Flicker eats a Frenzy Charge in order to bypass its cooldown so to chain it you want to Frenzy on kill from Bloodrage. You can get a decent amount of regen if you take the Ranger and Duelist life regen nodes, but you'd want to back that up with as close to 0% Chaos Resist as you could get, preferably positive Chaos res if possible.

I have a Dagger n Shield Range who uses Bloodrage and can flicker if desired, I take all the Duelist/Ranger regen and have a little shy of 0% chaos res, but it still slightly degens, not a lot, but enough that I wouldnt want it to be any worse than it is.

The build for Flicker could still use Reave, there would be nothing stopping you making a build that took the regen and then just seeing if you can jam 50-60% chaos resist into your gear over time.

I have these boots that have been sitting in our guild stash forever, if you want them you can have them for free just add me in game. They have the fire and cold of ur current ones with chaos on top, no life but I think you can master craft 60 something life on armours with a high enough haku now? Thing is if you run Bloodrage it gives you a ton of physical attack life leech, so you wouldn't need the leech from the Perandus shield any more. In theory you could replace the shield with a Life + Lightning Res + Chaos res (high, like 28%) rare evasion buckler and you might be good to go. Theres nothing wrong with running both skills, Reave and Flicker in place of Doublestrike and Spec Throw. I run Doublestrike splash and Flicker as my 2 attacks.

Then for half regen maps you just swap the shield back to Perandus and dont run Bloodrage.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBAF4B0QUtBbUHHgguCpsOSBGWFr8Zjhm0I_YknST9JpUn1SoLLOEs6S_MMHEwfDIBOkI6s0cGR35JUUp9S3hNklFHVUtW-l3yYEth4mJaYqxi7GNDZU1noGyMbmlwUnBWcNVyw3Ttd9d463rvfXV9438rhNmE74d2idOMNo19jb-QG5UumhObJpuNnaqmf6sLrGav67Gzshm0xbVItoq5Pr02vqfBgsLsytPMBs96037UI9X41orYdtvU2-fdDd2o45_nCudU6NbtQe2D73rw1fLh8-r8xf66_94=

thats my Bloodrage Dagger Rangers passive tree if its of any interest. I use a Lightning Coil so my resists are harsh, hence Weathered Hunter wheel. If you started Shadow using a res chest like Belly you could drop that, drop the attack speed+acc nodes from the upper Ranger start, drop the first Life+Ev node at the lower Ranger start and use those spares to start Shadow coming through the Phys damage start then do something similar. Bandits would stay the same.
Are you sure you want to keep that shield? Also you could at least 5l that belly :D
IGN: Smegacore
That shield is damn good.

edit: here's what I did with mine: link. It has more than enough damage and ok life but could be more tanky (tabula and abyssus don't help here).
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Last edited by Panini_aux_olives on Feb 3, 2015, 5:30:40 PM
A few things:

1) I have a lot more gear than this. This is what the character was using when I last played him.

2) I would 100% use bloodrage if I went flicker. I was thinking of running The Blood Dance as my boots if so.

3) I'm considering using Iron Reflexes combined with CWDT to help mitigate Abyssus damage in melee range instead of using Acro and Evasion. Not 100% sure yet if this is what I'm going to do or not yet.

4) I've looked a little into heading across towards the marauder area to get strength, life, regen, and access to the Disemboweling cluster:

That would be the tree at my current level.

I would very likely replace Perandus with a EV, EV/AR, or AR shield.

Thoughts?
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info