Temporal Chains mechanics

Hi, I plan to curse myself with Temporal Chains (yes, I know), but I am unsure what the mechanics behind the wording are.

- "cursed enemies are slower" what does this mean? "Reduced" attack, cast, movement speed? Or "less"?

- effects expire 40% slower, I assume a 10 second Molten Shell will last 14 seconds. How about if I have 100% increased duration, 24 or 28? My experience with the map mod tells me it's 28.

Thanks-

"
Duration: Temporal Chains will make any effect which has a duration on the cursed pass more slowly than it normally would, including itself.
The Duration listed is already modified to take this into account, so the listed duration on the skill isn't actually doubled.

Included in this list are: other curses, Status Ailments, debuffs and other effects caused by skills such as Poison Arrow and Viper Strike, and even beneficial effects such as frenzy charges. Health degeneration debuffs will expire more slowly, but will cause the same amount of damage per second they normally would.

Visit http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Temporal_Chains for the numbers of attack\movement speed reduction
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
Last edited by HarukaTeno on Feb 3, 2015, 4:30:16 PM
'Faster' and 'Slower' are multipliers, that should answer both questions.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
raics wrote:
'Faster' and 'Slower' are multipliers, that should answer both questions.

Wiki says "reduced", so if it is a multiplier someone should update the wiki. Mouse over the "reduction" label if you don't know what I mean.

And since when did it become 40%? It was 50% last I checked.
Reduced is like increased, less is like more. They're the same type, and they directly apply (increased - reduced ) (total * (1-less))
"
Natharias wrote:
Wiki says "reduced", so if it is a multiplier someone should update the wiki. Mouse over the "reduction" label if you don't know what I mean.

Yeah, someone probably should, last couple of times I tried to make a change it glitched out and did nothing.

"
Zed_ wrote:
- effects expire 40% slower, I assume a 10 second Molten Shell will last 14 seconds. How about if I have 100% increased duration, 24 or 28? My experience with the map mod tells me it's 28.

Anyway, math for it doesn't look like this, if an effect expires 40% slower it means time flows at 0,6 of the normal rate for it. So, in your example default duration of molten shell will be 20s, and if you're cursed it will be 20 / 0,6 = 33,3s
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Feb 3, 2015, 8:03:18 PM
Seems like I'd best test this for myself. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info