Arc now viable as main dmg skill (with Cwdt, CoC, etc.)

Hi there,
title says it all. Haven't played since nearly 6 months now. I saw it got buffed. But is it now usefull as main dmg skill in CoC/Cwdt builds?

Thx.

I used it on my Scold's Bridle cws build
since the skills I trigger are aimed at my char, and arc is autoaiming, so when aimed at my char, it will hit monsters

sadly, Scold's Bridle cws build = RIP
for cwdt-Scold's Bridle build
I would use

e/ for coc
nn this
coc is multi target based, unless gmp-barrage
or icewall-Kinetic blast jolo target abuce bugg

already have overkill vs multitarget, nn to add a multitarget coc link, if also want to kill jolo targets

thats a real bug that needs to be fixed,
Kinetic blast and lighting arrow, linked to GMP+LMP+pierce that is as effective vs single target as vs multiple targets, thx to the use of icewall
Last edited by Tommyvv on Feb 3, 2015, 9:04:05 AM
For Scold Bridle builds, the mana of the main skill should be 1. How expensive is gear with -manacost on it? And what is the maximum stat "-x mana cost" jewelry can have?

Last edited by WUlf1337 on Feb 3, 2015, 9:24:19 AM
what ?

if your mana cost is 1 that deal you 4 damage, so you need to cas 100 time the spell to cast 1 CWDT setup lv1

in CWDT build you try to improve the rate between the damage you deal yourself and the heal (Regen/LGOH/LL)
Last edited by snakesolidx on Feb 3, 2015, 9:41:27 AM
Lightning damage died when they nerfed shock from 120%? to 50%. Arc deals shit dps in comparison to fire skills like flameblast or incinerate, or cold spells like glacial cascade.

It's better to just use another spell and slap on herald of thunder to get that one and only 1 shock stack that you can apply now.

GGG loves to overnerf the shit out of something when they finally do. Would of been nice to see shock scaled down to like 30>60>90 or even 25>50>75.
"
BossOfThisGym wrote:
Lightning damage died when they nerfed shock from 120%? to 50%. Arc deals shit dps in comparison to fire skills like flameblast or incinerate, or cold spells like glacial cascade.

It's better to just use another spell and slap on herald of thunder to get that one and only 1 shock stack that you can apply now.

GGG loves to overnerf the shit out of something when they finally do. Would of been nice to see shock scaled down to like 30>60>90 or even 25>50>75.

I'm pretty sure shock used to be max 90% at 3 stacks. So they lowered the overall damage potential in prolonged fights, but increased the damage in shorter fights. This is because the first shock now gives 50% damage, instead of 30% with the old shock stack system.

Edit: confirmed that shock has been 30/60/90 ever since 1.0.
Last edited by Nerdicide on Feb 3, 2015, 10:57:24 AM
"
snakesolidx wrote:
what ?

if your mana cost is 1 that deal you 4 damage, so you need to cas 100 time the spell to cast 1 CWDT setup lv1

in CWDT build you try to improve the rate between the damage you deal yourself and the heal (Regen/LGOH/LL)

Huh? If my manacost is 1, Bridle reflects 400%, so it is 400 dmg.

"
WUlf1337 wrote:
"
snakesolidx wrote:
what ?

400% = 4x
400% =/= 400x
"
EmAitch wrote:
"
WUlf1337 wrote:
"
snakesolidx wrote:
what ?

400% = 4x
400% =/= 400x

This lol
"
EmAitch wrote:

400% = 4x
400% =/= 400x

400% = 5x
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info