Mathil's 1H Crit Ice Crash - 2.0 Viable

its insane for ele crit ground slam. multimod wed+aps+one element
"
Mateo_swe wrote:
Well, if one were to try craft a mace for this build there are a few options for mace type.

I see Mathil uses a Tyrant Sakhem and i use this one too, but there are better base types.
I looked at data from the wiki on 1-hand maces.

These are the options one can choose for base mace:

Mace type base crit Aps DPS Modifier

Void Sceptre 6.83% 1.20 68.25 15% inc. ele damage
Vaal Sceptre 6.68% 1.40 64.38 10% inc. ele damage
Carnal Sceptre 6.68% 1.10 69.34 10% inc. ele damage
Opal Sceptre 6.98% 1.20 64.58 20% inc. ele damage
Tyrant's Sekhem 6.5% 1.20 65.67 10% inc. ele damage
Karui Sceptre 6.5% 1.45 61.38 10% inc. ele damage

Since the most important stat is base crit it looks like an Opal Sceptre or an Void Sceptre would be the best starting point for crafting.
I wonder how much the APS is going to affect this, maybe a Vaal Sceptre will be better even the Opal & Void got better base crit.
The Carnal Sceptre has best DPS but is slow and not so good base crit.

What you guys think, is the Void or Opal Sceptre the way to go?
The slightly higher inc. ele damage on these are probably not going to make any bigger diffenrence.
If I get lucky maybee a Sceptre from Vagan can be used so I can completly skip accuracy on gear and passives.
I dont even know if Vagan sells Sceptres at all though.
I better start stocking up on crafting orbs as this probably will be a expensive and time consuming operation.
I also must start looking for a high itemlevel white Sceptre of the kind i choose from the above options.

At what minimum itemlevel all best tiers are possible to roll?
My experience with crafting weapons are very limited.

At the moment i use these, and they will do until i get a better mace:

Since you'll be using multistrike the attack speed is going to be most important. Vaal sceptre or Karui Sceptre is the way to go. I went from a 270dps Karui sceptre with 8+ crit and 1.7+ aps to a 1.2 sceptre with 330 dps and even higher crit and actually lost tool tip dps
I'd really love to play that build but I fear that I'm just not skilled enough. I'm playing hardcore and I havn't made it further then level 70 so far, currently on my 4th or 5th character. Does someone maybe have a slightly more tanky version of this build? I tried to fit in the two endurance charges and the skill effect duration nodes. But I honestly don't know where I can get the points for it.
"
kahzin wrote:
I'd really love to play that build but I fear that I'm just not skilled enough. I'm playing hardcore and I havn't made it further then level 70 so far, currently on my 4th or 5th character. Does someone maybe have a slightly more tanky version of this build? I tried to fit in the two endurance charges and the skill effect duration nodes. But I honestly don't know where I can get the points for it.

I play this 1h crit ground slam thats CI, vaal pact, unwavering stance with a shield and 2 rumi flasks. About 55k dps without any charges 5.5k es. Its tankier and has just as good clear speed (except on enfeeble maps). Expensive though
Thanks for the build, works really well.

I'm 81 right now and clearing maps quite fast. Since I don't own a 6L Daresso's or any other viable 6L chest i'm switching between Increased Crit/Increased AoE/Conc. Effect.

The only problem are reflect packs. Especially elemental reflect packs. I have all resists capped. Any idea for more defence against those, except topaz/sapphire flasks?

Thought about dropping the Vaal Grace - Vaal Haste - Increased Duration (offhand) for another Cast When Damage Taken link.

My plan was to get Blood Drinker and Vaal Pact. Does it make any sense to get Vaal Pact with 3% (chest) and 2% (Blood Drinker)? If not I'll need to get an amulet with some life leech.

Passives:
http://poeurl.com/zjkHy7p
Thanks for the guide mathil, this build is a beast. Leveling was very fast too. In general this char is just fast-moving,fast-attacking... I can do atziri runs in what, 5-10 minutes, and it clears 78s like it's nothing. It can be very risky sometimes, escpecially dodging with leap slam, or when you can't and take heavy physical hits. The build can freeze and stun somewhat reliably and that adds to it's defenses a bit.

Level 88 atm, still a lot of room for improvement in terms of gear. I'm using WED instead of a crit gem because of the Catalyst. It works fine and I can swap it with LL on reflect maps. I'm using Vaal Pact because I noticed that I can very easily oneshot myself on ele reflect(again,Catalyst). 58k tooltip, will go higher when Heralds hit 20 (and if I can corrupt them to 21 finally). 4450 life felt enough.

I haven't tried uber with it yet.

Overall I can say it's the most fun build I've ever played.
"just for try, for see and for know"
Last edited by komlosi on May 9, 2015, 12:41:26 PM
Hallo, how about BoR for this build, like a cheap and usefull 6L?
IGN: Javana
Not that good. Abyssus will literally double your dps. There is no other helm you can use.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
may i know why you dont use passive increase physical weapon using dual wielding?
I am currently leveling a Marauder to run this build. Am level 39 atm, with a tabula so I can get my 6 link for Ground Slam.

Was just wondering what level would it be safe to start using Blood Magic. Currently If I use Blood Magic things can get a bit hairy (especially when wearing a tabula). And can't run hatred or herald of thunder just cause I can't have my entire mana pool on reserve yet.

Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info