Mathil's 1H Crit Ice Crash - 2.0 Viable

How many charges are you guys getting?

I'm trying to follow the build to a T. The most I can get is 3 power and 3 endurance charges.
I can't find a 1hand mace on standard at 280 dps with similar crit, speed. Can I use a sword maybe?
"
MrGuardian wrote:
I can't find a 1hand mace on standard at 280 dps with similar crit, speed. Can I use a sword maybe?

Check - type Sceptre ;)
"
MrGuardian wrote:

Look for something like this:

This first one i found in my stash and crafted crit on it.
Too bad it doesnt have better attackspeed but it will do for me until i fid a better one.
Im only lvl 66 now and i will get a better one later, probably craft one myself.

Second one have attckspeed but lower damage.
This one i also found laying around in my stash, both in Torment league.

And no, you cant use a sword as the build skilltree is designed for a mace.
Also, when dualwielding a mace with Groundslam only the main hand weapon is used to attack and thus only the damage from main hand is used.
The offhand is just a place to add extra stats as for example crit.

The tooltip damage for Groundslam is not correct (when dualwielding) as it wrongly takes damage from both waepons in the calculations for tooltip damage but when attacking only main hand weapon is used.
Last edited by Mateo_swe on Feb 16, 2015, 2:36:04 PM
Great build, really enjoying it so far thanks! Question" I'm fidning my curse on hit from HoT does not seem to proc much even with packs. I'm still in my 50's and I's say average to a little above gear so I'm sure it's just a matter of crit/damage for status ailments etc to get that proc going. Is there anything to say about taking celestial punishment for a better shock chance + almost constant(always seem to have a status on something..just rarely shock hah) +25% increased damage etc? Not sure how much this will help. Anyhow! thanks
IGN - Dapper_The_Strapper
"Stripper with a strap-on"
I also noticed that HoT does not proc so often.

It seems this is a result of the very high clearspeed of this build and monsters die so fast there isnt time for the HoT to strike before all things are dead.
I even find i sometime hold back a little to let HoT strike before attacking so my powercharges can build up.

Maybee there is a better use for these 4 gemslots but i dont want to include a PCoC in the GS gem chain as it would mean i must take away some other gem.
I also dont want to use a Voll´s Protector armour because of it´s bad stats.
I actually have played around with the idea of using a unique "The Covenant" armour.
It does not give powercharges and is a bad armour but it gives blood magic so i can use that gemslot for something else, plus it has the property "Sockeded gems are supported by lvl 15 added chaos damage".
Using this armour would be a real good DPS boost but downsides are -20% life and on top of this its a 350ish ES armour and ES is not good on this build.
As i have a 6 soc one i will try 6-link it for fun and see how bad it will be on the defenses.

With some luck the new upcoming update includes some new more reliable ways of getting powercharges.
And it's not a huge deal as this build have great killing power and clearspeed anyway but of cause one always want to improve the preformance of the build.
What is the best weapon for main hand?
I have a Tyrant´s Sekhem but it lacks IAS.
No 1H-mace/Scepter is for sale on xyz with good stats so i have probably no other choice than to craft one myself.

So what is best type to go with, is it a Tyrant´s Sekhem?
There are other mace/sceptres with higher base crit right?
using this for now can't find a good mace till i find one with good rolls, or craft one but have 51k with it

n 85k with con
IGN ARROWUPYOURAZZ
Well, if one were to try craft a mace for this build there are a few options for mace type.

I see Mathil uses a Tyrant Sakhem and i use this one too, but there are better base types.
I looked at data from the wiki on 1-hand maces.

These are the options one can choose for base mace:

Mace type base crit Aps DPS Modifier

Void Sceptre 6.83% 1.20 68.25 15% inc. ele damage
Vaal Sceptre 6.68% 1.40 64.38 10% inc. ele damage
Carnal Sceptre 6.68% 1.10 69.34 10% inc. ele damage
Opal Sceptre 6.98% 1.20 64.58 20% inc. ele damage
Tyrant's Sekhem 6.5% 1.20 65.67 10% inc. ele damage
Karui Sceptre 6.5% 1.45 61.38 10% inc. ele damage

Since the most important stat is base crit it looks like an Opal Sceptre or an Void Sceptre would be the best starting point for crafting.
I wonder how much the APS is going to affect this, maybe a Vaal Sceptre will be better even the Opal & Void got better base crit.
The Carnal Sceptre has best DPS but is slow and not so good base crit.

What you guys think, is the Void or Opal Sceptre the way to go?
The slightly higher inc. ele damage on these are probably not going to make any bigger diffenrence.
If I get lucky maybee a Sceptre from Vagan can be used so I can completly skip accuracy on gear and passives.
I dont even know if Vagan sells Sceptres at all though.
I better start stocking up on crafting orbs as this probably will be a expensive and time consuming operation.
I also must start looking for a high itemlevel white Sceptre of the kind i choose from the above options.

At what minimum itemlevel all best tiers are possible to roll?
My experience with crafting weapons are very limited.

At the moment i use these, and they will do until i get a better mace:

Nice guide ty :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info