[2.0] Cold Snap Perma Freeze - Updated!

Bump ☺
I'm not going to link my build, but here's a hint. I'm non crit with taryns and doing 8k snap 8 casts per second with cold pen. I'm level 92 and having no issues leveling. I plan to surpass my 96 toon soon.

I run 2x snap gems each 6 link. One conc/pen, the other aoe/prolif.

"
beefnuggy wrote:
I'm not going to link my build, but here's a hint. I'm non crit with taryns and doing 8k snap 8 casts per second with cold pen. I'm level 92 and having no issues leveling. I plan to surpass my 96 toon soon.

I run 2x snap gems each 6 link. One conc/pen, the other aoe/prolif.

That sounds awesome, but requires two 6-links. Currently, my build can be run on a 4L or 5L volls, with very minimal extra gear. How is your ability to lockdown bosses atm?
Still looking for anyone's advice on my crit Cold Snap build
Bump!
how are you applying shock for herald of thunder on kill effect?
"
alkoxide wrote:
how are you applying shock for herald of thunder on kill effect?

I crit all the time with Cold Snap, so when I get the last hit, it usually has shock applied at the same time.

my way of playing non-crit cold snap.... permfreezing all bosses exept palace dominus and atziri.
Really nice build! :)

I'm currently playing it in the flashback sc league. However on the passive tree I went to the templar area over the nodes at the top of the tree, so I can pick up the Arcane Potency cluster. This pathing takes exact the same amount of points, however has the disadvantage of not being at the +30dex node (in case you needed that)

Heres my tree atm (level 79)
Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMAAv4EswVCBx4I9A5IEQ8RlhSwFm8WvxdUGjgabB0UJKomlScvKU8snDbpN4E6WDwFPV9BlkLDRKtJUUwtTLNQMFJTU9RVS1WuVcZd8mHiY0NknWjyakNtGXBScNV8S4IQgh6Cm4PbhX2IQonTjDaNgo5kj0aPpo_6kFWVLpZ0l5WX9Jo7m6GfAZ_fogCsmK6ztvq86sBUwGbBxdD10eTbC9te34TfsONW42rkIuTr6_XsGOw473zwH_DV8h33pvfX-tI=

Here is my gear atm
Spoiler

With this gear +7power charges I get a total crit chance of 53.4% with coldsnap and 73% with glacial cascade (which I prefer over Ice spear)

Since I'm using voidbringer, I sometimes have touse a mana flask. However I hope to get a decent piece of jewelry with mana regen, which hopefully would take care of that.

I dont really know atm, where to spend my next few points. I'd really like to get these crit multiplier nodes from the doom cast cluster, but I didnt do the math, if it is more efficient than the 12% cold damage nodes, which I still have to take.
I started with this exact build in mind, having never seen this thread. Generate power charges from ice spear, then rock cold snap forever. I got bored and it just seemed like a lot of wasted skill gem slots. It works, but it doesn't offer much survival.

I got a Taryn's shiver. I bought Romira's Banquet. Took Resolute Technique. Took Eldritch Battery. I 6-linked a white Saintly Chainmail and got lucky with a single Alch. I hit for truck loads with every cold snap (~6,000) and run two different cold snaps (prolif/conc effect). I use really cheap uniques to keep the power up. You should check it out. It just works better than farming crits constantly.

Regarding your build:
1. Marylene's. Its getting a hard buff in 2.0 and you won't believe what it does with Ice Spear+EleProlif. Its unreal. I can one-shot Residence Dominus (human form) with a really weird Marylene's build I have.
2. Check out Doedre's Tenure. They are part of the reason my Cold Snaps hit so hard. Dirt cheap due to no defensive stats and -20% cast speed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info