Support Glacial Cascade Templar [Video Guide]

Happy to share my hard earned wisdom

This thread has a video explaining the build and showing it in action, for more in depth guide go to video
Spoiler
http://youtu.be/4MhW_OEIX48
Right click and click "Open link in new tab"

Current Gear
Spoiler

Gem Links and colors
Spoiler
Staff (B-B-B-B-B-R) Glacial Cascade - Increased Area Of Effect - Concentrated Effect - Added Chaos Damage - Faster Casting - Cold To Fire

Body Armour (B-B-B-B-R-G) Ice Nova - Curse On Hit - Increased Area Of Effect - Elemental Weakness - Empower - Enhance

Gloves (R-R-B-G) Leap Slam - Enduring Cry - Spell Echo - Faster Attacks

Boots (R-R-G-G) Reduced Mana - Empower - Arctic Armour - Herald Of Ice

Helmet (R-B-B-G) Reduced Mana - Clarity - Discipline - Purity Of Ice

Passive skill tree 1.3 LvL 94

Bandits
Spoiler
Normal - Skill point
Cruel - Skill point
Merciless - Skill point

Pro's and Con's
Spoiler

Pro's
Spoiler
High damage AOE and Single
-65 to mob resistance for entire group
lvl 26 AA, so almost no phys/fire dmg taken
Phys reflect is completely mitigated
Freeze
Endurance Charge Conduit
Super fun build and it looks cool

Con's
Spoiler
No CWDT, so Spiker monsters can become a problem if not careful
Elemental reflect, even with Cold to Fire + lvl 26 AA, we still take damage from reflect, keeping this from one shotting us, we dont fear it, but we respect it, and bigger reflect packs we need to thin them out before going ham.

Last edited by Reyalp on Feb 1, 2015, 3:47:15 PM
OpieOP
Bumping for Criticism
Bumping for Criticism
As a not-so-rich person I wouldn't mind knowing the bare minimum to get started with this build, or does it need all that gear and gems to stand?

Would it be more support until you geared up and then you do lots of damage or is it unusable untwinked?

Looks interesting, will have to put it on my watchlist :)
"
beaverusiv wrote:
As a not-so-rich person I wouldn't mind knowing the bare minimum to get started with this build, or does it need all that gear and gems to stand?

Would it be more support until you geared up and then you do lots of damage or is it unusable untwinked?

Looks interesting, will have to put it on my watchlist :)

I guess you could go more of a support way to begin with, but like i said in the video, i was using a 5L PoH before the 6L. And the 6L Carcass came in late as well. If you can get 5L's and forget about empower's/enhance's you'd already be saving around 70-80 exalts. (6l PoH, 6L Carcass, lvl 4 empower and lvl 3 enhance). Unfortunately i have other builds in the making, so i don't have enough time to make all these builds as lower lvl versions, or as budget versions. I hope you'll understand.

To answer your question, You could just go 5L PoH, which would be around 6 exalt. I don't think the curse alone would provide enough support to make up for your damage in party's, considering there's more support minded builds out there, such as MF'er and dual/triple cursers.

But with the full links, I think this is the best and most efficient support build for map groups atm, you're cursing super fast with ice nova, it's literally one click on a button, and the entire room is cursed with a really powerful curse. Next to someone that's dual cursing, and has to curse 2-3 times for each curse, to have every mob cursed in the room. On top of the Glacial Cascade, doing tons of damage after the curse.
Last edited by Reyalp on Feb 2, 2015, 3:47:25 AM
I'm using your build on my lvl 63 templar. Real solid stuff. I changed your propositions of gems :
as i can't rely on dex node, I prioritize playing CoDT > Enduring Cry > Immortal call to defend myself.

my secondary attack is : spell totem > ice nova

good stuff. I have no problem going on for now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info