[2.0] Cold-to-Fire Pyre Ice Nova Marauder Tank (Cheap!)

"
Zlobazla wrote:
i am wondering how works secondary dmg of herald of ice. i mean that dmg after shater of enemy. how it works when we converted all cold dmg to fire...

You are correct, we aren't shattering any enemies. Your single target (maybe Freezing Pulse) has a 125% damage effectiveness, so you are going to be getting an extra nice bump out of the flat cold damage - plus that cold damage is going to scale the same way through all of our other damage nodes.

We lose a little potential with the lack of shatter damage, but what are the alternatives for mana reservation? You could run a 50% Reservation for Anger, but that won't benefit from the 100% Cold damage scaling in the tree, or you could be looking at other 50% Reservations like Haste to boost your DPS. The damage you get per percentage of life reserved is still just too good with Herald of Ice.
For those running Blood Magic, this is an awesome jewel ...

How's this going for you? I started building it right as they released the new RF mtx so I went with that, and ripped at 83.. heh. Looking at starting this back up. I see you are on tempest, how's the dps/clearspeed for you? Do you see this being viable late game?
"
RIPnRhyme wrote:
How's this going for you? I started building it right as they released the new RF mtx so I went with that, and ripped at 83.. heh. Looking at starting this back up. I see you are on tempest, how's the dps/clearspeed for you? Do you see this being viable late game?

I'm currently level 76 in Warbands league with this build. I'm running the Blood Magic variant of it at the moment, and I'm really enjoying it. I've done Merciless Malachai with it, and had no problems killing that jerk. My clearspeed is decent - better than the Triple Freezing Pulse totem witch I played previous to this.

And the build is pretty damn tanky. I insisted on a scepter so that I could have leap slam + fortify. The only boss that I've had problems with so far is the the Phantasmagoria boss who was possessed by an Arsonist tormented spirit in a Fleet (20% move/cast/attack speed) map.

I'm going to update the links, but my freezing pulse link is currently: Freezing Pulse, Hypothermia, Cold Penetration, and Iron Will. The changes to Iron Will are so good. I'm up over 300 Strength, so the extra damage I'm getting from that is really quite amazing.

I'm also using Flame Totem linked to Faster Casting, Fire Penetration, and Faster Projectiles to give them a bit more range.

I'll post my final gear and tree once I hit level 82. I might come back to this character after I get a 3rd char to level 82 for the challenge league.
"
Kesselya wrote:

I'm going to update the links, but my freezing pulse link is currently: Freezing Pulse, Hypothermia, Cold Penetration, and Iron Will. The changes to Iron Will are so good. I'm up over 300 Strength, so the extra damage I'm getting from that is really quite amazing.

I'm also using Flame Totem linked to Faster Casting, Fire Penetration, and Faster Projectiles to give them a bit more range.

Why are you using cold pen / hypothermia if you can't do cold damage? Sad to hear you've resorted to flame totem :\
I've just made it to act 4 on normal. Leveling has been a breeze. I am level 32. I am leveling with a 2h and molten strike thus far. The dps is bonkers if you use some cheap uniques along the way.

Spoiler

The are currently carrying me. I feel a bit squishy, but the dps is about 1300 with molten strike.

This is my tree so far.
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEBBLMGDgn2C2EUIBkuGj4n7SkuPAU9_FcNWGNfP2jyeTl8uH7ijM-aO57Nn9-iAK9swGbE9sauxtjSIdR82WHp1e8O73zwH_Iv9kg=
Last edited by RIPnRhyme on Aug 1, 2015, 11:46:26 PM
"
RIPnRhyme wrote:
"
Kesselya wrote:

Why are you using cold pen / hypothermia if you can't do cold damage? Sad to hear you've resorted to flame totem :\

I'm an idiot, this is the second time I looked at the wrong links. Freezing Pulse is linked to Iron Will, Spell Echo, and Fire Penetration.

I spend a lot of time playing with a dual flame totem partner, and sometimes it's just easier to drop a totem and go =\ Plus I suck at aiming traps a lot of the time.
this build sounds really interesting...

1) is there a video??

2) do you think it's atziri viable?
He said he wasn't posting any videos, and that he did atziri, it was just very hard. There's just so much detracting from the build for me. Having to use fire trap, having to use fire totem etc.
"
RIPnRhyme wrote:
He said he wasn't posting any videos, and that he did atziri, it was just very hard. There's just so much detracting from the build for me. Having to use fire trap, having to use fire totem etc.

As far as having to use fire trap/flame totem ... these are very situational skills. When I'm mapping solo, this is what it looks like:

Leap Slam -> Enduring Cry -> Ice Nova -> Dead.

Rinse and repeat.

When I come across a boss, I'll toss down either a fire trap or a flame totem for extra bonus dps, while I freezing pulse them down, but that's just a nice-to-have bonus.

I'm level 78, rocking 5k life and over 15k dps. I don't need the fire trap/flame totem, they are just really efficient against bosses that are particularly dangerous (ie: the kind of bosses that melee characters weep and die against if they can't leech enough life).

I hope that clears up any confusion with respect to that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info