Why did you or your friend quit playing POE?

I used to play with 3 friends and we just can't bring ourselves to log in anymore. I asked why and all of our responses were trade. poe.xyz and trading honestly feels like a job, We came back a bit after hearing about an "auction house" thing but it never came... poe.xyz is basically an offline shitty auction house and anyone that doesn't see that :\. If it was just more streamlined and I didn't have to spend 3 hours a day trading to get items to play the game I feel like it would me back but I am just wondering why anyone else or their friends quit?
I had 6 friends who used to play PoE.
1. ) He was tired of the game. At that time act 3 was not finished, there was no Atziri, no chellenge temp leagues, no automated gems like CWDT, no masters, nothing. Just piety. He was bored.
2. ) He was very casual, he never played any ARPG before and this was his first. He played through normal with several character but never made it to Merc. HE thought that he finished the game and has seen all. I didnt bothered to explain to him what is mapping, crafting etc. because he is a very simple person and also a casual. These games are nto for him. He also doesnt speak english at all, he had no idea what a skill gem does until I explained to him.
3. ) He thought it is pay to win :D he left the game and started to play dota 2, I tried to get him back but I was unsuccesful.

The rest quit because they didnt liked the graphics, simple skill animation without any super effects like in D3 and also they complained a lot about desynch.

Thats why my friends left.
Last edited by MegaTen_IV on Jan 29, 2015, 4:15:28 AM
I used to play with my cousin and my older brother, they both stopped probably because I got the items they can't get, they both started 2-3 months earlier than me cause I didn't have my own computer, first week I played the game I found an ex, I wanted to faceroll everything and if I wanted to do that I had to trade, after a couple hours of getting my first ex, I started flipping items, I only played until I finished a3n then I flipped items for 6 whole months without playing, then I had enough currency to play ll-st, my brother and cousin saw that I was way too strong and they slowly stopped playing. Now my brother only waits for every skill tree reset to try the mjolner i lend to him, and my cousin only logs in to play his builds like 1 every two weeks, they both have some items i own, for example bino, soul taker, etc.

I got my friend to install poe this is like 5 months ago or so, he started nicely then rage quit after 30 mins of playing hahaha, He said something about poe being too grindy or something like that
Poe Diary 1745234
IGN: Enefeaa
If you spend three hours trading every day (and don't like trading/flip items) that may be a personal problem.
anything is everything
Last edited by Manocean on Jan 28, 2015, 3:37:09 AM
Myself and the friend who gave me a closed beta key are both still going strong. PoE wins.

We tested it extensively
I did not quit, playing since 3 months and havent cleared end game content yet.
Playing kinda self found, so it's kinda longer lasting !

Had friends playing poe before me (4)

3 of them stopped cause it was too hardcore, and cause trading was so hard/inefficient.

1 stopped cause lvling past 86 is too long.

If they really quit for good, wouldn't they be unable to answer your question due to not being here?

On topic, the number 1 killer of any of my friends who I've brought to the game has been desync. It puts a lot of people off, nothing new there. Yawn yawn, horse beaten.

I am on break because of burnout, the direction that PoE has been going, and some issues with GGG in general.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
Last edited by CliveHowlitzer on Jan 28, 2015, 5:40:28 AM
I brought 7 people to play PoE with me.

They all left.

Four of them left due to the game technical / optimization problems (Dominus fight 5 FPS, desync three screens back deaths...)
Three of them left due to RNG gated content (we wanted to progress Atziri, but after many hours of farming low level content we still had no Midnight to begin with)

Why will I leave after so many years?

Very lacking bug fixing and horrible QoL approach. As I remained alone for the game, I at least focus myself on various challenges. And guess what? The challenges are STILL bugged, after a full month passed, still unable to complete.

It almost seems GGG no longer cares for the game code anymore.
"
If they really quit for good, wouldn't they be unable to answer your question due to not being here?

zzz
Ppl are meant to have IRL friends ya know :)
If you want to play the game like its an online trading business thats your own problem..

your post implies you NEED to trade to progress through the game , which you dont.

my friends and I are playing and loving it, as I write this at work I cant wait to get home to play :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info