Look GGG, another armor thread

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
sry but your example is misleading.

60k armour, alone, ok... well with a granite flask up proper armour builds can get 60k armour, seeing as you are comparing it to a coil setup with a flask up. Do coil evasion builds have soul of steel + 6 or 7 endurance charges? No, they probably have 3.

7 endurance charges + soul of steel = 32% phys damage resist + granite of iron skin giving you 40-60k armour and then why is the armour character not using the saphire flask too?

Why would armour do all that by itself when you can stack it with all those other things? They are expecting you to layer it. Evasion on its own, its shit, with ondars and acro and phase acro and coil and taste of hate its great, why are you judging armour without endurance charges, granite flask, soul of steel, taste of hate etc?

Armour is fine you just dont get how to use it.

The problem is armor only boosts one thing; physical mitigation and with Lightning Coil + Topaz + Taste of Hate, you boost physical and elemental mitigation simultaneously; allowing one to swap determination out for Purity of Lightning and Ice while maintaining the same mitigation values to physical damage; and then some for elements; it also allows you to swap out that Lioneye's Remorse for a Saffell's Frame, again same mitigation for physical and then some for elements.

This is only an important difference in 1% of the game; Uber Atziri is the only real game-changer here.

Why? Because Armor clusters tie into Life and Life Regeneration; for the ones that don't they are near by. It's for this reason that most armor characters are more than capable of passively mitigating Elemental Damage through Regeneration and Life Flasks in place of Elemental Flasks and Conversion. This does make for an easy to run character that isn't reliant on Crits and Surgeon's or killing enemies to refill a Unique Flask. In this way armor characters can achieve the same results 99% of the time as a conversion elementalist but armor characters can do it with much less micromanagement and/or using up portal scrolls to refill taste of hate on that hard hitting unique boss.

It is for this reason that the two types of people who are saying, "Armor sucks" and "Conversion items are too GG!" are both entirely wrong.

In conjunction with the 1% Uber Atziri; it is not required that you pump your resists to 100% and run full conversion over being armor based, however, if you are armor based, you should have enough life and life regeneration to counter the fact that you're not built to defend against ele damage and physical damage, and ontop of that armor-based will have to manually avoid most of the attacks to passively regenerate damage taken from some of the attacks that they are capable of face-tanking; in this 1% scenario; their roles in the game are reversed entirely, armor-based characters become the micromanagers, where as conversion-elementalists can literally face-tank everything with a proper build... and yeah there still is a bit of micromangement in the flask department for them, but; It's Uber Atziri, I think everyone's going to be flask-conscious facing her no matter what.

Now, with that said, which is better, which isn't?

It's debatable; armor comes cheap and easy, and for the most part; is a much smoother mitigation tool than conversion; it's close to endurance charges, it's close to the huge vaults of life regeneration, it's just easy and cheap to make and play a character that is hard to kill when you build for armor and optimize around it.

It's an asinine debate; elemental conversion comes at a price and reliance on it can put you in a bad spot in many situations. It's not easy or smooth to get into elemental conversion. When you put the Lightning Coil on you don't get resistances from it, you get -60% Lightning Res (that's an extra merciless penalty) AND you don't get fire or cold resistance from it. This is not a smooth process at all, and it doesn't become easier, your would-be points spent into Life Regeneration and Health Pools go for effective Health Pools in the form of Elemental Mitigation; which is all over the passive tree and on a few pieces of gear and flasks, as opposed to being in 1/3rd of the tree. . . This also requires going super ele mitigation with tri-purity auras. The point is; to get the same effects of an Armor Character; it takes a great deal of effort; more-so than an armor character; but the benefit comes when Conversion Elementalists rise up at that 1%

Saying one is better when they both have their pros and cons is like saying that Ci is better than Life... Ci has to be worked for much harder than Life, and in the end, even though Ci's Health beats Life-Based, it still has downsides that make it balanced with Life. inb4 Low Life+Pain Attunement+ Blood Rage and Righteous Fire, oh; and life flasks!

To be frank; it's more like saying that pounds are better than euros, they're only worth as much as you decide they are.

...And, in the end, there's always the option of going for both.
Last edited by Do_odle on Mar 5, 2015, 5:03:52 AM
"
AlexeiKanov wrote:

Please, rework armor, make armor more heavy and tank for melee builds, make melee, ranged and caster more "MMORPG" and less "generical ARPG where I can do anything". Make tank builds TANK and melee will be playable with more safe.

Yeah, that's why I'm playing ARPG's, because they are ARPG's, not MMO's with strictly dedicated roles. If I wanted what you're asking for in PoE I'd raid in WoW or some shit. That's what I like about ARPG's, you can be on various spots on the scale from Glass Canon to Tank, but there is no exclusive role (even a Culler has to work for his own defenses/"damage"/etc.). Basically this other "armor thread" is more like an other "I want to have Spaghetti Bolognese in a Chinese Restaurant" thread, like many others on these forums.
IGN : @Morgoth
Last edited by Morgoth2356 on Mar 5, 2015, 5:10:34 AM
"
AlexeiKanov wrote:

The defenses of melee characters is a bad joke. Unfortunately today I saw no change to the melee characters ...

I hope one day GGG improve the armor system for so I can make a purely melee character and enjoy playing with him.

+1

ANY Ranged (ranger) char CAN manually dodge and many other way to NOT get ANY damage AT ALL.

Melee MUST take damage (lol, bcs they are melee and close to the enemy's) and in Path of Exile Ranged and Melee HAVE THE SAME AMOUNT OF LIFE, ARMOUR, EVASION, RESISTANCE etc etc!!!!1 THE SAME! Ranged and Melee EVERYTHING THE SAME while Melee ALWAYS take MORE damage and always do LESS damage to the enemy.

That's logic of GGG???
That's logic of GGG...
That's logic of GGG!!!
"
Helpmegod wrote:
"
AlexeiKanov wrote:

The defenses of melee characters is a bad joke. Unfortunately today I saw no change to the melee characters ...

I hope one day GGG improve the armor system for so I can make a purely melee character and enjoy playing with him.

+1

ANY Ranged (ranger) char CAN manually dodge and many other way to NOT get ANY damage AT ALL.

Melee MUST take damage (lol, bcs they are melee and close to the enemy's) and in Path of Exile Ranged and Melee HAVE THE SAME AMOUNT OF LIFE, ARMOUR, EVASION, RESISTANCE etc etc!!!!1 THE SAME! Ranged and Melee EVERYTHING THE SAME while Melee ALWAYS take MORE damage and always do LESS damage to the enemy.

That's logic of GGG???
That's logic of GGG...
That's logic of GGG!!!

I'll just underline and write EVERYTHING in CAPS because I think my readers are RETARDS that CAN'T get what's IMPORTANT in my POST and I TOTALLY don't know WHAT important things ARE.

You think I can do it???
You think I can do it...
You think I can do it!!!
IGN : @Morgoth
"
Morgoth2356 wrote:

Such butthurt

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info