Cold snap prolif COD + AA BEST non crit cold build

In this build I use two different setups of cold snap, The prolif cold snap and the main damage cold snap, the last one is crucial for the single target. The plan is to freeze every boss freezing the mobs around him with the prolif cold snap and that destroy the boss with the second cold snap.

About the defensive mechanics one is ofcourse the freeze itself that avoid the most of the incoming damage, then the artic armour and the Cloak of defiance.

I think that this build shouldn't be considered as an expensive build because it can be done even with a 4 link

Youtube videos:

LEVELLING GUIDE
Simply use cold snap to freeze enemies and then freezing pulse + lesser multiple projectiles/greater multiple projectiles + faster casting/spell echo. At lvl 60 wear your Romira's banquet drop the freezing pulse for the prolif cold snap and have fun :)

Auras
Spoiler
Clarity
Purity of ice
Herald of ice
Herald of thunder

Skills
Spoiler
3L: Cold snap - Curse on hit - Frostbite - in a Doryani's Catalyst
5L: Cold snap - Spell echo - Faster casting - Conc effect - Cold penetration
2L: Artic armour - empower in a shield wih +2 to level of socketed gems

Deal with the bandits
Spoiler
Normal: Help Oak (+40 base life)
Cruel: Kill all (1 passive skill point)
Merciless: Kill all (1 passive skill point)

PASSIVE SKILL TREE

MORE LANDOSSS BUILDS:

Dual dagger crit sparker:
Dual claw cycloner 50k DPS:
Elemental cyclone ( sword+scepter ) :
Dual sword "Blender" build:
Low Budget Elemental wander kinetic blast ( Piscator's Vigil ):
Last edited by Landosss on Mar 20, 2015, 5:03:36 PM
Amazingly simple build guide, and amazingly effective in action.
I'm now lvl 70-something, and have pretty much followed the gem setup and tree.

Main exception is that I replaced the movement gems with yet another Cold Snap - VAAL Cold Snap, and won't take AA.
Also I run Tempest Shield for xtra dps with Herald of Thunder and extra block defense since we're using a shield.

Great guide, super fun - thx!

TitaniumNoob
"
Ragnwald wrote:
Amazingly simple build guide, and amazingly effective in action.
I'm now lvl 70-something, and have pretty much followed the gem setup and tree.

Main exception is that I replaced the movement gems with yet another Cold Snap - VAAL Cold Snap, and won't take AA.
Also I run Tempest Shield for xtra dps with Herald of Thunder and extra block defense since we're using a shield.

Great guide, super fun - thx!

TitaniumNoob

Thank you man! you're right it's so much fun and I think it's also the best way to use this skill.
Dropping AA it's risky but you're freezing anything anyway so doesn't make that much of a difference xD
and tempest shield should be great good job!
Last edited by Landosss on Mar 4, 2015, 3:29:43 PM
Thanks for the guide. Its working quite well! Didnt believe it works so well with only 6-7k dps on coldsnap! Also did 78 Palace Map without any problems! This build is really endgame viable. Have not tried Atziri, but I doubt it will be easy (because of CANNOT BE FROZEN/CHILLED).

Made some small changes, but basically the build stays the same.

Links

Coldsnap, CoH, Frostbite
AA, Empower, Lightning Warp (LW gains reduced duration from empower)
CWDT, EC, IC, ID
Coldsnap, Cold Penetration, Faster Casting, Spell Echo, Conc Effect
Tempest Shield, Herald of Thunder, Mana Leech, Reduced Mana
Herald of Ice, Purity of Ice, Clarity, Reduced Mana

Tempest shield and HoT in combination with manaleech gives me additional mana -> more life because of Cloak of Defiance.

Items

Tree

Only got the Reduced Mana Aura nodes on the top left of the tree to sustain Tempest Shield
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAv4HHgj0DkgQWBEPEZYUsBZvFr8XLxdUGjgabB_HIoEkqiaVJy8reCycLYswlzbpOYo6WDwFPV9Cw0bXSVFMLUyzUDBSU1PUVUtVxlXWVkpXK1nzXfJfKmHiZOdo8mpDbRlxhXKpdFV82X7Hf8aApIIegpuD24w2jYKOPI9GkFWVLpeVl_SaO5uhna6eoZ8Bn9-iAKKjpwismKyqr5uxQrzqvYLAGsBUwGbB89Hk1aba3dsL217fhN-K37Dhc-Nq5CLli-kC7DjtPO988B_w1fMR9zL31_nb-tL-sw==
IGN: LaImmortelle, HeavyMetalDisco
Shop: 606890
"
nexxx85 wrote:
Tree

Only got the Reduced Mana Aura nodes on the top left of the tree to sustain Tempest Shield
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAv4HHgj0DkgQWBEPEZYUsBZvFr8XLxdUGjgabB_HIoEkqiaVJy8reCycLYswlzbpOYo6WDwFPV9Cw0bXSVFMLUyzUDBSU1PUVUtVxlXWVkpXK1nzXfJfKmHiZOdo8mpDbRlxhXKpdFV82X7Hf8aApIIegpuD24w2jYKOPI9GkFWVLpeVl_SaO5uhna6eoZ8Bn9-iAKKjpwismKyqr5uxQrzqvYLAGsBUwGbB89Hk1aba3dsL217fhN-K37Dhc-Nq5CLli-kC7DjtPO988B_w1fMR9zL31_nb-tL-sw==

Why are you using Power Charges nodes ?
With this 2 nodes you can get dmg, 22% spell damage, or cast.
And also those 3 nods with "Avoid interruption" are quite useless because of perma freeze around.
Try without them and get full dmg :)
I have 0 problems with mana, and i'm not using Tempest Shield just for a small amount of block and dmg.
Instead i use:
Herald Ice/Herald Thunder/Culling Strike/Reduced Mana...for bigger impact and fast kill.
AA/Clarity/Empower for more mana regen.
I have the same build, with 4600 life and 3800 mana (1800 left after using aura). And i got the Blood Drinker nodes for 20% more life.

My passives: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAv4EswceCPQOSBEPEZYUsBZvFr8W8xdUGjgabCKBJKomPCaVJy8snC-dMJc2PTbpOYo6WDwFPV9Cw0SrRtdJUUwtUlNVS1WuVcZWSlcrWfNd8l8qYeJirGjyakNrF2yMbRlxhXKpdFV82X5Zfsd_xoIQgh6Cm4PbjDaOPI9Gj6aQVZUglS6XlZf0mjuboZ2qna6eoZ8Bn9-iAKKjpwismKyqsUK86r2CwBrAVMBmwfPR5NWm2t3bC9-E34rfsONq44TkIuWL6QLsOO0873zwH_DV8xH3MvfX-dv-sw==

Good to know that there are others who play Cold Sniper :)
Last edited by xmvmx on Mar 17, 2015, 1:44:28 PM
"
nexxx85 wrote:
Thanks for the guide. Its working quite well! Didnt believe it works so well with only 6-7k dps on coldsnap! Also did 78 Palace Map without any problems! This build is really endgame viable. Have not tried Atziri, but I doubt it will be easy (because of CANNOT BE FROZEN/CHILLED).

Made some small changes, but basically the build stays the same.

Links

Coldsnap, CoH, Frostbite
AA, Empower, Lightning Warp (LW gains reduced duration from empower)
CWDT, EC, IC, ID
Coldsnap, Cold Penetration, Faster Casting, Spell Echo, Conc Effect
Tempest Shield, Herald of Thunder, Mana Leech, Reduced Mana
Herald of Ice, Purity of Ice, Clarity, Reduced Mana

Tempest shield and HoT in combination with manaleech gives me additional mana -> more life because of Cloak of Defiance.

Items

Tree

Hey the lightning warp on the shield coud be a really good idea to have more room for the gems I have to try it immediately ty for sharing your changes on my build :D

I also like the mana leech on herald of thunder it gives a ton of survivability because mana it's life in this build.

At least I just want to remind you that the tooltip on cold snap is not dps but average damage, that means that you have to multiply that for your cast speed, that's why the damage it's so insane xD

"
xmvmx wrote:
"
nexxx85 wrote:
Tree

Why are you using Power Charges nodes ?
With this 2 nodes you can get dmg, 22% spell damage, or cast.
And also those 3 nods with "Avoid interruption" are quite useless because of perma freeze around.
Try without them and get full dmg :)
I have 0 problems with mana, and i'm not using Tempest Shield just for a small amount of block and dmg.
Instead i use:
Herald Ice/Herald Thunder/Culling Strike/Reduced Mana...for bigger impact and fast kill.
AA/Clarity/Empower for more mana regen.
I have the same build, with 4600 life and 3800 mana (1800 left after using aura). And i got the Blood Drinker nodes for 20% more life.

My passives: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAv4EswceCPQOSBEPEZYUsBZvFr8W8xdUGjgabCKBJKomPCaVJy8snC-dMJc2PTbpOYo6WDwFPV9Cw0SrRtdJUUwtUlNVS1WuVcZWSlcrWfNd8l8qYeJirGjyakNrF2yMbRlxhXKpdFV82X5Zfsd_xoIQgh6Cm4PbjDaOPI9Gj6aQVZUglS6XlZf0mjuboZ2qna6eoZ8Bn9-iAKKjpwismKyqsUK86r2CwBrAVMBmwfPR5NWm2t3bC9-E34rfsONq44TkIuWL6QLsOO0873zwH_DV8xH3MvfX-dv-sw==

Good to know that there are others who play Cold Sniper :)

I think you're right about the avoid interruption point I need to try it out and I might end up doing an update video trying all the suggestions on the thread comments.

About the power charge I already dropped it, instead I took the alchemist point to be safer against elemental refect
Can you post your Stats please? Defensive and Offensive.
Thanks!
The build is amazing, thanks for sharing it.
I want to add my changes, not much but useful.
My Aura's: HoI, HoT, Clarity - so I have more that 1000 mana spare.
I replaced my +2 Cold Shield with this:

and the result is lvl 26 AA and lvl 26 HoI(with lvl 3 Empower) - more safe with AA and more dmg from HoI.
Also same idea for the Helmet:

lvl 24 HoT and lvl25 Clarity (lucky vaal :))
Other setup is quite the same.

I'm thinking also to try the following setup:
1- to change the curse to Elemental Weakness
2- to change the Cold Pen Gem with Cold to Fire
I know that cold pen is better against cold resist mobs but the idea is to deal 3 elemental dmg
and to be more safe with ele reflects (AA will absorb the fire reflect)

Will post the result after coloring my armor.

Best Regards,
WD

Poor_Exile
I'm sorry, I don't really see the appeal of this build.

Your boss kills seem to take forever and the mapping itself is pretty darn slow.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info