[1.3 Torment] Perry's Life-Based Mjolner [Uber Atziri Down, Insane DPS, NO VOLLS DEVOTION NEEDED]

Wanted to share some toughts on the build.At first when I got myself a Mjolner I was dissapointed.Then I decided to invest in a Voll's Devotion and boy does it take the build to a whole 'nother level.Fitting the Voll's was a bit problematic but with some gear adjustments its all good.Currently clearing 74+ maps like its nothing.Although my health is on the low side at 3800 and 200ES but Im confident I can hit 4k+ with more levels.The only thing I dont like is how laggy Discharge is, getting kicked from groups aint fun.Overall amazing build with spectacular clear speed.
Heres my gear setup, I have a 5Link Lightning Coil but once I equiped a 6Link with both LMP and GMP I couldnt go back.Guess I'll be saving up for a 6L LC.

And the skill three at level 84.Going to get another endurance charge at 85 and then just keep getting health nodes.Oh also I went with duelist because I had a full respec.

Not really sure how you can be disappointed with it with no Volls Devotion, I played the Build all the way upto 91 without one (Currently 92 with a Volls Devotion). The build seems almost identical with or without the Volls Devotion with the trade off being you have a lot more survivability due to your Immortal Call working properly. You do gain some damage but not enough to say that it is game breaking. Volls Devotion is a luxury and not a requirement, the only thing I would say is that I didn't do Uber without one or do I know if its possible without one due to unreliable Immortal Calls. (Normal is still pathetically easy without one).

I personally don't agree with Havocs choice for LMP/GMP molten strike in a 6l, tried it out and couldn't see what the hype was about with it, can barely even notice a difference. Once I get a 6l for Maps I will be running Lightning Strike again in place of the LMP and for bosses like Uber I would be swapping the Lightning Strike with Life Gain on Hit to sustain Righteous Fire easier.
(note that I only use Righteous fire on UBER to pump a little more DPS and you can't Leech while she is immune with no adds for about 5 seconds after they all die in Add phase but Life Gain on Hit can still heal through this period).

You lose a lot of potential HP by running a Doryani's Invitation, I don't think its necessary since the tree already gets A LOT of offensive nodes (a lot more then say Havocs variation). Up to you what you do with that but not my choice of belt considering. You are also missing out on a massive amount of physical mitigation by not using a Coil, again up to you.
Last edited by Perrydtf on Feb 4, 2015, 11:21:26 PM
Posting this for reference for people as this is my tree at level 92 WITH a VOLLS DEVOTION (Original tree is for without one).

Keep in mind this tree you may need to get more int/strength but this works for me as my gear has 78 Strength (Ring, Volls Devotion, Belt) and 88 Intelligence on it (Volls Devotion, Ring, Gloves). Major differences are I drop 1 power charge from the tree and pick up another Endurance Charge (Still considering dropping Act 3 Bandit Power Charge for the Endurance charge but havent made up my mind yet).

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMA37CCEESrj6ZVriycEFh2EeTsMjQfAgQHg9tVxhEtfIPN-riTMtFFR8Bmn9_vfDwFmjuCmwSzogDsOCcvkFUaOMAacYXMt9V1sULauUbXWfOsqnKp9zJ82cT2PC3Grrc-_grYvTWStfKpbmxGcmwyCSo4eA2-igHchNlHfr02ZU2-p7Cr9Obd4185my2t8RhdPO_kUWebrj534xEPjRl-r-AS2V_djNteUEfvDm6qSsho8jrYLdL-j03jpwh99cQVUDCK8OlGxIJMs89-dqzqGNlhrY2FUptqi08=
I am missing something with this build?

Why the extra power charges on the tree? I thought with Romira's you can only get 1 power charge per cast/attack?

Say you attack and no proc on arc/discharge you would get 1. Then you attack again and this time you proc the spells - you'd get a total of three before the discharge (1 from first attack, 1 from second attack, one from arc)

Feel that I am missing something...

Nice build.
74-79 maps no problem.
Never done atziri, she isn't something to strife for me.
Dual Dom hasted + extra proj. was the only challenge so far.
Only dieing if I really don't care about nemesis mods or yolo into a very big dual-reflect pack.
Sitting at 4,6k HP makes life ez.
Thanks for the guide~
EXALTS>EXAMS
"
mdemaiter wrote:
I am missing something with this build?

Why the extra power charges on the tree? I thought with Romira's you can only get 1 power charge per cast/attack?

Say you attack and no proc on arc/discharge you would get 1. Then you attack again and this time you proc the spells - you'd get a total of three before the discharge (1 from first attack, 1 from second attack, one from arc)

Feel that I am missing something...

you're not missing anything 3 charges is enough for a rt discharge build and 4 power charges is only really needed if you decide to take 1 extra endurance charge and use voll's

that way you'd have a 4 charge immortall call and more phys dmg reduction

getting more than that is a waste of nodes

IGN JustifiedF
Hi,

Thanks for the build. I traded up to a Shavs this league in Torment, but decided that having a Shavs but itself isn't really that fantastic, so I traded away and bought myself most of this set, minus the voll's. Currently levelling.

So far, have just a couple of questions, as I am new to Mjol builds.

1) Why the ring enchant? I would have thought our damage was all about the spells, but I guess with us hitting so fast and often, the ele damage isn't too bad?

2) I assume the belt enchant is for your flask uptime you mentioned?

3) If you had a 6L coil, what would you run? An LMP as well? Or just keep your LS attached so you an seamlessly switch between single and multi target?

Thanks!

IGN: PurpleTrapperPuppet / Perandus
Soo.... Act 3...

Power Charge or Endurance Charge?
(im using volls devotion)
Did you get a 6L LC yet? What would you run in the 6th slot? I'm running LS > MS > GMP > LGoH > FA > Multistrike. I don't have a Voll's yet, still running Foible. No issue with Atziri at L89. Waiting until I get a Voll's and L92 before I even think about Uber. Could you update the original post with your current build and gear? Thanks, love this build!
Sorry guys been away from the game for a couple of weeks due to RL stuff. Will answer some questions in case they still need answering.

@Gruffalope, no I haven't gotten a 6l LC yet due to my time off. If I had a 6L I would PERSONALLY run Lightning Strike, Molten Strike, GMP, Faster Attacks, Multistrike, Blood Magic (with the current Aura setup I have, I have like 12 mana). However if you're comfortable running with an alternate Aura setup and you feel like you are leeching enough mana then LGoH is a nice choice for more survivability.

Havoc was running GMP, LMP but as I've said I believe earlier in the thread I tested and couldn't see the hype around it. (May be better but I couldn't notice any difference since shit melts anyway). Will update build now with my Volls Setup.

@standalone09, I honestly don't think it really matters I believe I have 4 Endurance Charges (1 in tree) and 5 Power charges, which 1 could be dropped I just haven't had a huge amount of time to fiddle with it due to my time off. I highly recommend running at least 4 endurance charges due to the added Immortal Call benefits with a Volls Devotion. The main thing I've considered is going 5 endurance 4 power charges but in my variation of the tree we get a lot of added lightning damage (Power Charges Discharge does Lightning Damage), so I dunno if It would take a bit DPS hit by swapping it around.

@ElPuppet The ring enchant was put on there just because it was one of the only things available from Master Crafting, with a Volls Devotion however I do not use that ring because I need one that gives me stats to equip Mjoner.

Same goes for the Belt enchant, not needed just available from Master Crafting because I could.

As answered above also, I'd run LS, MS, GMP, FA, Multi, BM because the trash clear speed with Lightning Strike destroys Molten Strikes clear speeds.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info