[1.3 Torment] Perry's Life-Based Mjolner [Uber Atziri Down, Insane DPS, NO VOLLS DEVOTION NEEDED]

Decided to post up since there's no Life-Based 1.3 Mjölner builds out there.

ScionThread
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1166419

NEW AND IMPROVED WITCH VARIATION

Life-Based Witch Variation
Much higher damage version

This variation of the build comes fairly close to the damage output from Thors Rainbownuke even without a Volls Devotion and I'm incredibly impressed with how much more of an improvement it is to the Scion version.

IGN MjolnerIsDaRealMVP if you have questions
Bandits Oak, Kraityn, Alira
Auras Haste, Purity of Lightning, Herald of Thunder or for more Defence with Blood Magic Molten/Lightning Strike (which I currently run) Purity of Fire, Purity of Lightning, Grace.
Haste swapped for Grace on Trio in Apex of Sacrifice sometimes If I can be bothered, can also run Tempest Shield in place of Herald of Thunder for more Block/Spell block. I quite like Herald for Maps for breaking open boxes etc.

Since I can't upload a video of playing it, can say that I've tested on Dominus and Phase 2 he dies in within a few milliseconds of 2 seconds, where as the Scion variation took anywhere from 4.5-6 seconds. (Both builds where using Vaal haste during the tests)

Although I can't upload any, 'KickinUpMud4x4' was kind enough to record some maps and atziri. He does however have a volls devotion but uses almost an identical tree. So special thanks to him! :)

DPS Calculated using the forumla and scenarios used in Thors Rainbownuke build.
(Calculations assume targets Shocked, 75 percent more damage due to Passive tree)

We use Molten Strike for Single Target (Bosses, Rares etc) and Lightning Strike for AoE DPS (Packs of mobs, general map clearing)

Single-Target-DPS

Molten Strike No Vaal Haste - 255,559.5
Molten Strike Vaal Haste - 284,886

Slightly harder to calculate it due to the variation in targets, this AoE DPS is assuming the perfect Scenario and all 7 projectiles from Lightning Strike chain.
AoE-DPS

Lightning Strike No Vaal Haste - 1,192,611
Lightning Strike Vaal Haste - 1,329,468

Tree still has left over points for your leisure to put where you will
Tree
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMA37CCEESrj6ZVriycEFh2EeTsMjQfAgQHg9tVxhEtfIPN-riTMtFFR8Bmn9_vfDwFmjuCmwSzogDsOCcvkFUaOMAacYXMt9V1sULauUbXWfOsqnKp9zJ82cT2PC3Grrc-_grYvTWStfKpbmxGcmwyCSo4eA2-igHchNlHfr02ZU2-p7Cr9Obd4185my2t8Rhd5FFnm64-d-M6WKyYEQ-NGX6v4BLZX92M215QR-8OUDApT4V96hh2rM9-WK826EZpxBWtjdlhhVKbaotP

Flask setup I didnt feel flask setup really mattered I didn't link, but it seems a few people would prefer to see the setup I use. (This as always is by no means the best OR most optimal, its just MY opinion and what I like running.

I'd also like to note Map mods or even bosses can change my flask setups, If I role a big cold Mod I'll usually use a Sapphire Flask, however for the most general and used 99 percent of the time this is what I run.

I'm highly considering running a Rummi's Concoction permanently, haven't gotten around to buying one and seeing if I like it yet
Flasks

Maps

AtziriRuns

Vaal 5th flask upto you.

Trio

Atziri

Atziri's Foible and Devoto's Devotion are required unless you want to get more Dexterity/Strength/Intellect nodes (quite a few are required). An Alternate option is you can run if you don't chose to use mana and use blood magic is Astramentis which will give a good chunk of HP and cover a good amount of your Int/Str/Dex needs.
Gear

NewGear

AlternateGear

The build has close to triple the Discharge damage of the Scion version and a substantial more Arc damage also. Damage and Health has since increased since screenshots due to gems leveling and more passive points, but still gives you a general idea.
Stats
Attacks Per Second Currently 6.1, without max level Discharge
Discharge
Is now doing 14980 at level 85/level 20 Discharge
http://imgur.com/BHkuHix

Arc
http://i.imgur.com/iU20XmD.png

Defense
HP is now at 4700 at level 85
http://i.imgur.com/eORQceo.png

GEAR SETUP WITH VOLLS DEVOTION I HAVE 412 STRENGTH AND 300 INT EXACTLY WITH THIS, THIS MAY NOT WORK FOR YOU SINCE YOU MAY BE LOWER THEN LEVEL 92, YOU WILL NEED TO FIDDLE WITH IT YOURSELF TREE WISE AND GEAR WISE TO SUIT YOUR NEEDS.
VollsGear

Enjoy :)) any feedback or corrections is appreciated!
Last edited by Perrydtf on Feb 25, 2015, 11:23:14 AM
Thread updated with more information.
Is it uber viable? :) 1 question only. Because i can down normal atziri with like every build there is, but i cant do uber atziri ;(
I'm sure with proper experience it could do it. Not going to make any guarantees though since I haven't tried it myself.
Love the build, gonna map for a day or two to get my gems leveled and try to find some better gear then I'm gonna try out Atziri.

^ Belly for Atziri Is optional but Lightning Coil works fine.
"One kills a man, one Is an assassin; one kills millions, one Is a conqueror; one kills everybody, one Is a
god"

- Jean Rostand
Last edited by KickinUpMud4x4 on Jan 27, 2015, 1:27:54 AM
This is probably my aim for about level 93 on passive pts.
93Tree
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMA37CCEESrj6ZVriycEFh2EeTsMjQfAgQHg9tVxhEtfIPN-riTMtFFR8Bmn9_vfDwFmjuCmwSzogDsOCcvkFUaOMAacYXMt9V1sULauUbXWfOsqnKp9zJ82cT2PC3Grrc-_grYvTWStfKpbmxGcmwyCSo4eA2-igHchNlHfr02ZU2-p7Cr9Obd4185my2t8RhdPO_kUWebrj534zpYrJgRD40Zfq_gEtlf3YzbXlBH7w7Pfnas6hjZYa2Ni0-baoVSxBX-j03jplc64fJFbqpKyIV9KU9QMA==
! hmm when im using herald of thunder/purity of lightning/haste ! ive got like 62 mana left and cant spam alot lightning strikes. So 2 questions:
1)HOw do you keep yourself out of oom?
2)Do you need to level up lighning strike and molten strike? for lower mana cost purpose keeping them lvl 1 isnt better?
if you have a 6L belly, you can use Blood magic. That's what I do for spamming. Otherwise you're correct. There are level barriers when gems start costing more. If you don't want to use BM you should stick to LS lvl5 and molten strike lvl 8 I think. Maybe I got the barriers wrong though.
"
onlyomaha wrote:
! hmm when im using herald of thunder/purity of lightning/haste ! ive got like 62 mana left and cant spam alot lightning strikes. So 2 questions:
1)HOw do you keep yourself out of oom?
2)Do you need to level up lighning strike and molten strike? for lower mana cost purpose keeping them lvl 1 isnt better?

When I was playing with that exact setup I wasn't having issues sustaining it as long as I was hitting things to be honest. The Romiras physical mana leech was doing the job, although I've since changed what I'm running slightly (I would love a 6l with it). Basically using blood magic now so I can run 2 puritys and grace or haste. Less clear speed though losing Lightning Strike but if I had a 6 link would be sweet.

Last edited by Perrydtf on Jan 25, 2015, 1:36:46 PM
Clearing 77/78 Maps with 100+ quant mods without even trying, even tankier now using a Lightning Coil. Lost about 450 hp but the EHP (Effective HP) far out-weighs the HP loss.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info