1.3 Mjolner "The Thunder God" (Vaal Pact, Super Tanky, HC viable, Atziri down, Cheap)

Thanks for the guide, I used it on the current league (HC Torment/Bloodlines). It got me to 80 after dying 3 times so im pretty chevved!

My equip wasn't great but in the end i had a 5L, Power ring and Double curse ring which used Herald of Thunder to apply the second curse - this worked a treat! I was a bit squishy at times which is why i only farmed 66-68 maps to hit 80.

Iv made a small video showing what it turned out like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbeIFuCvc4Q&feature=youtu.be
"
I really recommend a Staunching flask because if you encounter a Volatile Blood you will probably get 20 stacks instantly from the sheer speed at which you hit/proc Mjolner.

I think you mean corrupting blood
For corrupting blood and hardcore (or softcore > Level 95):

In hardcore I recommend putting the staunching on an instant flask AND a duration flask like topas.
And checking every rare, since corrupting blood is the nemesis of this build, since it is the only thing that kills you fast besides standing in a vaal smash or a touch of god.

I play normal, but it was frustating dying in less than a half second in spite of hitting the instant flask (with staunching!). If you want to be safe, play no vulnerability maps, and / or make yourself immune to bleeding before hitting a corrupted blood monster. Only method to kill this thing was drinking a (freshly produced) topas with staunching, then attacking this beast of doom.

So how do you have required Int with all of your gear?

I basically have all the same uniques, but I'm missing 50 Int with no rare (helm, armour, and gloves) and you only have a +37 Int helm?
"
partywave wrote:
So how do you have required Int with all of your gear?

I basically have all the same uniques, but I'm missing 50 Int with no rare (helm, armour, and gloves) and you only have a +37 Int helm?

I took a few int nodes until I crafted a nice helm with int
So far how is act 4 patch hurting or helping this build?
I am running this build with my templar at the moment. One thing I not sure is I went extra node to Master of arena, Bravery and Art of gladiator and I didnt run vaal pact as I am not so confortable with this. One thing I really big issue is facing difficult map on level 73 onward. Especially one with elemental reflect. I had couple times one shot dead and I wasn't runnign purity of lighting at that time. Also in the point i am thinking instead of Celetrial punishment and celetrial judgement, I am thinking to spend the point to lighting walker and hear of thunder via cruel preparation. Has anyone try this?
If I go first, I'll wait for you in the other side of the dark water.
Wouldnt it be better to pick up Diamond skin 15% all res over the 3 nodes of 18% res?

Anyways thanks I got a Mjolner drop first week of the 1 month and swapped my build to this had a lot of fun with it
My ele reflect problems all went away after vaal pact and sufficient resists and life leech.
Is there any video of this build ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info