1.3 Mjolner "The Thunder God" (Vaal Pact, Super Tanky, HC viable, Atziri down, Cheap)

Great Guide!!

I managed to trade for a mjolner at a relatively good price and have been following your build and it's great! One thing I was wondering: If you go for your dual curse setup, and arrange all the gems accordingly, it seems like you'll have a free piece of gear to gem up. Is there anything in particular you'd recommend? I was thinking about either a typical CWDT-immortal call setup, or vaal haste + not sure yet, for some extra on demand burst. Also, I'm while searching for a good pair of +attack speed gloves, do you think thunderfists might work, with the molten strike + support? You're losing about 5-6% attack speed (depending on how good the rare gloves you get are), but get your molten strike backed up by some extra lightning damage. I'm not so sure how useful the bonus to shock duration is as everything dies so fast!
Iam playing life based too.
Best u can do is crit,u will need flasks for atziri.
I tested 16%ias glove,the result was ok ....but i change to maligaro glove for multi.
At the end ..u can easy do atziri,but i bet for uber we will fail @trio.
Iam comming with lower ias AND lower cast speed (u need castspeed for manual ic ect).
The biggest downside of life build is lower spelldamage (and bloodrage dosnt work for us),but its till ok .. (i have around 8-10k on discharge).
I killed atziri with all my torment chars,and this was one of the faster builds.(my coc discharge is lot faster,but cant do uber i think)
Hi, curious as to how would certain issues work out.

First of all, how would you cap resistences in Merciless. Your defence stats were taken at your HO, which i would assume be under normal settings, but in merciless, they would not even be near capped

Also, would this mean as a result you will have to rely on a 6L that provide all the resists? SO uniques like belly of the beast is out of the question for this build right?

Then again, with spell block so high would would low resistence be mitigated from not even being hit by the spells?

One more question: where do you think you will stand when clearing uber atziri runs, and is there room to optimize this build in order to accomplish it without having to spend double the amount of currency on upgrading gears?

PS: great build, heard great things from ppl who have tried it. Could you post videos of how u do maps or even normal atziri?
"
bowen123 wrote:
Hi, curious as to how would certain issues work out.

First of all, how would you cap resistences in Merciless. Your defence stats were taken at your HO, which i would assume be under normal settings, but in merciless, they would not even be near capped

Also, would this mean as a result you will have to rely on a 6L that provide all the resists? SO uniques like belly of the beast is out of the question for this build right?

Then again, with spell block so high would would low resistence be mitigated from not even being hit by the spells?

One more question: where do you think you will stand when clearing uber atziri runs, and is there room to optimize this build in order to accomplish it without having to spend double the amount of currency on upgrading gears?

PS: great build, heard great things from ppl who have tried it. Could you post videos of how u do maps or even normal atziri?

I was using this build up for quite a while before trading an arm, leg + everything else in my stash for a voll's devotion, and it is great. Getting all of the necessary resists, however, was kind of tough as after getting the uniques suggested, you have to fit everything else on: Helm, Chest, Gloves. If you look at the defensive stats Paragon1 posted, his lowest resist (excluding chaos) should be 79% in Merciless which is 4% over the cap. Using Belly of the Beast could be doable as it has all resists ~15. I was using a chest with double resists approximately 40/20, you are just going to have to get really good resist gloves and hat. If you plan it right, you should be able to just get over the Merciless caps. One thing I am working on for my current voll's devotion version is fitting a piece that still completes my needed stats and has a bit of chaos resist.
Last edited by Byzantion on Feb 20, 2015, 4:05:02 PM
I went ahead with the Romira's and Voll's combo- it is incredible!

I'm using an interesting gem combo that isn't in this guide: Vengeance + Enhance + Riposte + Reckoning.
Vengeance with Quality is amazing for this build- I don't even have to attack anything, just LS into a group and explode! What those three gems to create is an unending chain of procs for Meowmeow.
can you post clip ?
Last edited by TonyNguyen on Mar 3, 2015, 2:44:56 PM
hi,
currently leveling a Marauder for this, got romiras, 5L LC and rapthpid
Same as someone has already asked, could you post a clip on how you deal with the build please?
In game: gg_wp_easy
SHOP: view-thread/1685674
Hey I am LVL 81 and I am loving this build!!!. I do have some empty links; any CDWT setups?
Yo

Do you think that the patch notes for Act 4 will kill mjolner builds?

Debating whether or not I should sell it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info