Shadowrun Returns Hong Kong KS

I can't wait. I backed Shadowrun Returns, loved it, and I backed this day 1.
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
Yeah, I've sunk hundreds of hours into complex RPGs, but I liked Shadowrun Returns a lot precisely because it was RPG light.

I think there's a lot of value in an isometric RPG that's easy to pick up and play. Some of the other Kickstarter ones I've backed have loaded themselves down in numbers and incredibly complicated mechanics, throwing paragraphs of lore at you every time you press a button. That's fine and all, but getting to the interesting parts is a LOT of work.

SRR at least feels like it was intended to be playable and fun without having a manual open next to you for the first 10 hours. It even managed to incorporate some interesting companions and reactivity with Dragonfall. If they keep up like that SR:HK could well be the beast of both worlds.

Also I'm a sucker for that new XCOM gameplay.
Gameplay & Level Design
"
What I fail to understand is why a game, which appeared to be a modest hit, still needs kickstarter funding.

They didn't - the kickstarter was purely for stretch goals.

"
By backing the project, you'll increase our production budget and get more features, more improvements, and more game. Take a look at the funding goals below to see all the stuff we want to add.

Now, we could always talk to traditional publishing partners, but we’re pretty independent-minded around here and we only want to serve one master - our audience.
Gameplay & Level Design
The original Kickstarter was fulfilled when Dragonfall was released. This is the followup to that. So all the kickstarter funds are going into Shadowrun Hong Kong, and not into Returns.
Gameplay & Level Design

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info