[2.0] Barrage CoC for mapping

Update Info
July 20, 2015: No longer Uber viable. Updated skill tree for 2.0.
March 7, 2015: Will no longer maintain thread until 1.4 comes out for a revised edition.
Feb 9, 2015: added new Uber Video and wand options to fight against CoC cooldown on even less budget. Added CoC chance vs attack speed data.
Jan 28, 2015: added deathless run on Uber Atziri and more tips on bosses. Added alternate mapping section.
Jan 27, 2015: added Uber video.
Jan 26, 2015: added More tips on killing Trio and Atziri.
Jan 18, 2015: added 6-12ex budget section and some minor edits.
Jan 15, 2015: added another Uber run demostration.

Ask questions on thread for everyone to see, do not PM me.

Shotgun nerf in 2.0 have destroyed this builds Uber-viable status. But is still extremely effective for mapping. I've created a quick work around skilltree, adjust to your own needs.

Can use either 3x purity or Anger + 2x heralds (with enlighten and some aura nodes).

Someone should try Barrage, Chain, CoC, Magma Orb, Arc, LL.
Or Barrage, GMP, Ball Lightning, Magma Orb, CoC, LL/Knockback, with knockback jewels.

I am MoolaMoola and this is a guide mainly for softcore. This is my version of Barrage CoC (Uber Atziri deathless as of Jan 28, 2015). I've been inspired by Killmour's Shatterchuck Lite's ability to do Uber Atziri with such a budget build. However; I believe that Scion is more efficient with passive points by skipping the evasion nodes and taking up spell damage and projectile damage nodes instead. Scion's starting attribute helps fill the stat requirements to equip gems. Also I've choose to gear slightly different based on my needs and preferences.

This build focuses heavily on the ability to do Uber Atziri without sacrificing mapping ability.

This build can be run with 10ex budget with similar dps by sacrificing ability to do Uber Atziri and have slightly harder time with reflect. (5L Voll's Protector vs 6L)

Some people think Barrage CoC lost it's ability to do Uber Atziri in 1.3. I'm here to prove them wrong.

Pros

Cheap
Reflect safe
Clears rather fast
500k+ regular shotgun damage / 100k+ aoe damage
Over 1.2m theoretical dps when boosted with flasks, rf, and vaal haste.
Deathless Atziri farming
Deathless Uber Atziri Viable

Cons

Slightly low health
Low physical damage reduction and prevention

DPS Calculator taken from Tom94's thread

With charges and Heralds up https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30238840/Barrage%20CoC.xlsx

With charges, both heralds, RF, Atziri's Promise, and Vaal Haste https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30238840/Barrage%20CoC%20Vaal%20Haste.xlsx

Scion vs Witch/Shadow

Witch/Shadow gets 2 passive points, 54% increased evasion, 50 evasion rating, 20 dex
Scion gets 32% increased projectile damage and 28% increased spell damage

Since evasion and dex is pretty much useless for this build, I'd gladly pay 2 points for 60% increased damage. This is why scion is better than witch. Shadow is pretty much same as witch except he trades 2% increased damage for +10 max energy shield (first node).

Mana regen node is not needed if you have enough regen on gear to sustain 13+ constant attacks.
For Witch and Shadow, refer to Killmour's Shatterchuck Lite guide.

Gear and Gems

6L Voll's Protector is manditory if you want to do Uber Atziri. A 5L is good enough if you only want to do maps and normal atziri (Need to craft elemental leech on wand and use Doryani's Invitation and use 2 cold spell gems).
5L = Barrage, CoC, GMP, Fireball, Arctic Breath
6L = Life Leech (Helps fight against reflect and tank mobs.)
If there's one gem you want to buy 20/20 it would be CoC.

Wand needs high crit chance. Then spell damage. Crit multi and attack speed is nice boost. And lastly any accuracy is bonus but not needed.
3L: Lightning Warp, Reduced Duration, Faster Casting
This gem setup is for high movement and flameblast dodging while doing Uber.
Faster casting is not needed here and can be replaced by portal or a curse if you break the links.

Maligaro's Virtuosity is hands down the best budget gloves for DPS.
It can be replaced by gloves with attack speed + accuracy + life + resists for more defense instead.
4L = Vaal Haste, Vaal Grace, Increased Duration, Righteous Fire
Vaal Haste is used for anything, it can be spammed during mapping and boss fights.
Vaal Grace (optional) and Righteous Fire is used when trying to burst dangerous bosses such as in Atziri runs.

Rat's Nest is my helmet for the same reason I use Maligaro's, it helps me reach 95% crit.
It can also be replaced by any helm with attack speed + accuracy + life + resists for more defense instead.
4L = Purity of Fire, Purity of Lightning, Purity of Ice, Reduced Mana
This setup helps fill the resists and fight reflect.

Shield needs life, spell damage, spell crit, resists, and mana regen if you don't have enough.
3L = Herald of Ice, Herald of Thunder, Reduced Mana

Boots need life, res, and movement speed.
4L = Cast when damage taken 7, Immortal call 8, Enduring cry 9, Increase duration
This is your defense against physical damage.
Keep gems at those levels so they will activate before your life depletes.

Rings, amulet, and belt needs crit chance, life, resists, accuracy, mana regen. If there are crap mods, choose the one with mana, energy shield, and/or mana leech which helps you spam barrage.

Being flexible with different wands (CoC Data) (Uber Viable)

Pro:
Cheaper wand
Flexible helmet choice for resists + accuracy + life
Less mana regen needed
Cheaper to gear.
Does not require use of Vaal Haste.

Con:
It feels more sluggish than higher attack speed setup.

After hours of testing I've come to conclusion that 1.5-1.6 attacks per second is optimal for CoC cooldown. It will proc the most spells. 1.7 starts to hit cooldown and will proc less.

Which wands will work?

Slow attack speed but very high crit. This benefits CoC cooldown and eliminates the need for Rat's Nest to get 95% crit chance.
To synergise with this, we need to remove most of the attack speed from the passive tree and put them into damage and life nodes.
I used

Look in the video section to see me clear Uber with this setup.

Alternate fun option for mapping

This build can readily swap out Barrage for Spectral Throw and use a dagger to bounce around in maps for more fun. Swap Lightning Warp combo for Whirling Blades + Faster Attacks.

Atziri viable 6-12ex Budget Gear Breakdown (not Uber viable)

5L Voll's Protector 3G2B - 2ex

Wand with spell damage, crit chance, 1%Cold Leech, and any combination of spell crit, crit multi, attack speed - 3ex

Doryani's Inviatation cold - 10-20c

Rat's Nest - 5-10c

Maligaro's Virtuosity - 5-10c

Shield with life, spell damage, and any combination of resists, mana regen, spell crit - 5-30c
Boots with life and resists - 5-30c

Diamond Ring with life, acc, and any combination of resist, mana regen (X2) - 3-30c

Amulet with life, crit chance, acc with optional crit multi, mana regen, spell dmaage, and resists - 3-30c

Uber Atziri explaination

Make sure all gems are 20/20 except immortal combo. Must have 4.4k+ life, 5k to be safer if possible. If you die during vaal or trio fight, it will be hard to comeback.
With -11 chaos res, the range mobs do not hurt much as long as you are shooting and leeching life.
Becareful of the soldiers, they have the potential to 1 hit you so you must kite them and kill at range.
Totems with "allies cannot die" are annoying so you have to either kite the mobs out of totem range or skip it.
Make sure your mana and mana regen can sustain 13+ shots without running out.

Double Vaal
Flasks:

Aura: 3x purity + Herald of Thunder
Walk up to bottom Vaal and wait for it to come up almost completely. Turn on Vaal Haste, Vaal Grace, Righteous Fire and pop Ruby flask and Atziri's Promise. Blast down first vaal and quckly walk or warp over to the second vaal and blast him down too. Very straight forward.

Trio
Flasks:

Aura: Purity of Fire, Herald of Ice, Herald of Thunder
Enter the area, walk to bottom corner. Use Vaal haste, vaal grace, righteous fire, ruby flask, granite flask, atziri's promise. Walk up into melee shotgun range of dualstriker and kill him. Walk to titty bitch (and out of degen clouds), reuse all the flasks and kill her. Repeat again with 2h axe bleeder.
Always walk out of rain of arrows from titty bitch and degen cloud left by cycloner (chaos damage).
2H Cycloner is NOT corrupted blood and will only bleed you if he hits you (puncture). Use bleed flask after every visual hit he does on you to prevent "random" deaths.
Very high chance of dying in this fight.
Replace granite flask for Taste of Hate and put on Purity of Ice for easier deathless boss kill. Another option is to use a self-cast CWDT setup with spell echo linked to enduring cry.
By the time you kill the first 2 bosses you may have run out of flasks. Step aside and avoid the cycloner while you kill trash mobs to recharge flasks. You need to do this especially to keep ruby flask up!

Atziri
Flasks:

Aura: Purity of Fire, Purity of Lightning, Herald of Thunder, Herald of Ice
Same with other fights, walk into the area. Pop Vaal haste, Vaal Grace, RF, and Ruby Flask and walk up to her and kill her. Save Atziri's Promise for split phase.
Dodge double flame blasts and storm calls.
In her split phase, wait until its almost spawned and pop Atziri's Pomise again to kill it quickly. This is the hardest phase so you want to kill it fast.
Always remember to keep using ruby and life flasks to stay near full life between each phase change and fight, you have 2 of each flasks for this task.
Topaz is not needed as stormcall is easy to dodge and may not 1 hit you if you have 4.5k+ life.
Never walk towards Atziri in a straight line when entering the room, walk in a curve motion to avoid spear deaths!

1080p Videos

Deathless Atziri
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mn_3AaIBap8&feature=youtu.be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBseyL6j0f8&feature=youtu.be

Uber Atziri
Jan 11, 2015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmLLBA8hpao&feature=youtu.be

Jan 14, 2015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rnA4odFjOQ&feature=youtu.be
Another run as requested. I've been completing Uber consistently but not deathless.

Jan 27, 2015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eci8jinsjUY&feature=youtu.be
Very clean run other than 1 crit spear death at Atziri. Trio is extremely easy with Taste of Hate.

Jan 28, 2015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkEVe3-smSQ&feature=youtu.be
This build officially becomes deathless Uber viable!
I had to re-enter the map after trio because RF burned my life to 1 and I forget to use flasks before swapping them. (Not Dead)

Feb 9 ,2015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-gJbJyxEZA&feature=youtu.be
Clearing Uber with alternate wand setup. 2 careless deaths from looting infront of mobs and a desync death at Atziri. Basically deathless run with alternate slow crit wand and passive setup. Take notice I did not use Vaal Haste at any point of the run to keep attack speed low.

[2.0] 5L Uber Viable Incinerate (1.4m Burst): The Zippo: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1211719
Last edited by Skyion on Jul 26, 2015, 9:16:58 PM
Hey im thinking to try this build on a 92 scion or 86 witch (both have full respec available atm) to down uber

atm i got this gear im using on my wander and on an alt CoC char..

think i can cast spell dmg here

Just few questions:

-Since i have acuity worth start as scion to get VP or witch is better?
for scion i thought a something like this:

-The 6L eva chest with PCoC would be fine or i need voll's?
-Atm i could buy a void battery...better that or my actual wand?
Last edited by Freud88 on Jan 13, 2015, 12:43:05 PM
"
Hey im thinking to try this build on a 92 scion or 86 witch (both have full respec available atm) to down uber

atm i got this gear im using on my wander and on an alt CoC char..

think i can cast spell dmg here

Just few questions:

-Since i have acuity worth start as scion to get VP or witch is better?
for scion i thought a something like this:
Spoiler

-The 6L eva chest with PCoC would be fine or i need voll's?
-Atm i could buy a void battery...better that or my actual wand?
Last edited by Freud88 on January 13, 2015 9:43 AM

Thank you for checking out my guide. I will answer your questions one by one.

TLDR: I suggest you do my Scion tree simply without VP and couple less life nodes from the circle. Life from Acuity will make up for a few nodes. Or do a premium build such as Tom94's Shatterchuck with Acuity.

1. Yes, you can craft spell damage on Foe Branch Imbued Wand.

2. Although your 6L eva chest will provide more defences then a 5L Voll's. Your charge gain is only at 49% chance. Voll's Protector gives 100% chance to gain power charge. I would not recommend doing Uber unless you have 6L Voll's so that you can CoC 2 spells and still have life leech on them.

3.The tree you're created is much more efficient with witch start by cutting Scion's spell damage and putting them in crit nodes on the right side (Heartseeker).
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMA37CCEI-mRKtVriycBUJBlq6z0PVMsy0fUDBFfgQHlSDbXg5cg9vB82r6VcaiozpYf8YRlsHFDkgsv13y44RjQ3DVNj2J0-ywnapwUowLYqxsjCoLuXy0xfPqwuy1SAW1BiPUI-jWjb8fQTBxIupRRwMe3aibtTB851QWv0t4wzoZin8rjX0k_SaVOkLKSi2D-wnWinfXI_b_3mHib56XBvbaVvpNklVLgwnxs5ykxKIaj_zFjDZLV4cTu-NnoMDjdwf-uod2fXXjn9N-Sn0=

4.Is it better to use Acuity's or VP? Honestly, I'm not sure since I never tested with Acuity and I always run with Unwavering Stance either in passive tree or with Kaom's Roots. You can hope to kill everything fast enough to never get stunned but I don't recommend going without unwavering stance.

The foreseeable problem with using Acuity's is that although barrage crit chance is at 95%, the spells that actually do damage and leech life only crits about 50%. Since we rely on life leech to survive, I can predict some slight issues gaining instant life with Acuity at only half the time vs VP full time.

Acuity 60% effectivness times 50% crit.
Vaal Pact 40% effectiveness all the time.

Acuity = 30% leech vs Vaal Pact = 40% leech
[2.0] 5L Uber Viable Incinerate (1.4m Burst): The Zippo: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1211719
Last edited by Skyion on Jan 13, 2015, 9:16:14 PM
Why Arctic Breath over Ice spear? It has 7 base Crit.
King of Scrubcore Hah
twitch.tv/k0reangamer
"
KoreanGamer wrote:

Icespear only shotguns at 1st form which is really weak. 2nd form hits hard but doesnt splash, arctic breath splashes and clears much faster. I've tried Ab, FB, FP, IS, Arc.
"
Skyion wrote:
"
KoreanGamer wrote:

Icespear only shotguns at 1st form which is really weak. 2nd form hits hard but doesnt splash, arctic breath splashes and clears much faster. I've tried Ab, FB, FP, IS, Arc.

Please make more uber run videos :D
King of Scrubcore Hah
twitch.tv/k0reangamer
"
KoreanGamer wrote:
"
Skyion wrote:
"
KoreanGamer wrote:

Please make more uber run videos :D

Please donate Uber sets~ T.T

I will upload more in the future for sure!
Can you show your dps with fireball and arctic breath also what other gear did you upgrade? or just using the items u listed on this thread?
King of Scrubcore Hah
twitch.tv/k0reangamer
Last edited by KoreanGamer on Jan 15, 2015, 11:27:27 AM
uploading another uber run, i've done a few more runs already. no problems at completing at all.
"
Skyion wrote:
uploading another uber run, i've done a few more runs already. no problems at completing at all.

Well I failed LOL

This is what I have i failed at trio...

and that spear one shot on split phase is retarded do you get that often?
King of Scrubcore Hah
twitch.tv/k0reangamer
Last edited by KoreanGamer on Jan 15, 2015, 11:44:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info