[1.3.0 Bloodlines] Dweeb's Infernal COCblaster

I got Olmec's Sanctum from Zana yesterday, and I recorded some totem kills. Please note that the fps losses from fire & lightning totem fights weren't accountable to using CoC. I mucked around with portals too much to get flask charges for the final boss. No flask charges, no balls. ┐(‘~`;)┌

I also uploaded half a Dry Peninsula run of me testing Piercing Shots. I don't much care for it, since it pretty much only helps me wreck big packs which get minced anyway.

Videolist here.

"
fire99966 wrote:
This build is fucking amazing, needs more attention.

"
Mookie88 wrote:
Hey man, almost ready to make the switch. Really looking forward to it and thanks for the builds/vids.

Thank you both! (✿◠‿◠)

On to the questions:

"
Mookie88 wrote:

Is that wand optimal? what are we looking for, something with a 10+ crit and spell dmg? ele dmg?

I find optimal such a dangerous word to use. Besides, my wand isn't even at 6 mods yet.

Here's my laundry list for looking for a wand
(imbued or engraved for 1.5 APS of course):
----------------------------------------------
-10.5% or higher crit chance. This is a suffix.
Free prefix for crafting fire leech.
These are my dealbreakers.

-for the two free prefixes, the best are spell
dmg mods and +2 to cold skills for AA, or +1 to
all skills for both AA and clarity

-for the two free suffixes: look for increased
attack speed and crit multi. I want at least one
of these. Mana regeneration next. High accuracy
roll would not be bad, resist would be ok, spell
crit I'd like, and fire dmg would be nice.

----------------------------------------------

You should read between the lines here that I don't really do beancounting. I hope the list helps nevertheless. 10.8% crit chance is the cut-off to only find tier 1 crit chance, maybe divine at some point for over 11% crit chance.

"
Mookie88 wrote:

That helm, are there other options or is that definitely best when we don't get the CoC version.

I played with the Ice Spear & Arctic Breath since they were the higher level gems I got for cheap. Fireball has higher crit base and dmg than Arctic Breath though. Ice Spear is there for its beastly second phase crit chance buff. You could try GMP with a single spell of your choice, if you prefer getting all up in rares/bosses faces. I think this would be a good place for some maths flexing, but I'm all out of flex right now. -____-"
IGN: Dweeblebum
Last edited by dweeblebum on Jan 21, 2015, 8:37:31 AM
i feel stuck, im 60 and cant afford the 5l chest listed....do i reroll? :P i got the helmet though...
"
emb wrote:
i feel stuck, im 60 and cant afford the 5l chest listed....do i reroll? :P i got the helmet though...

You could just use the helmet for the 5L, assuming you mean you've got the CoC corruption.

I edited my sparse take on leveling a bit. Maybe it helps you:

Spoiler

Level with whatever you like until lvl 71 when you can make this passive tree. I leveled with Flameblast, using Cloak of Flame, 2x Mokou's, Atziri's Foible, as high AA as I could, Herald of Thunder curse on hit elemental weakness, and FB+echo+prolif+faster casting for links. My tree looked something like this for the useful parts before I respecced.

Hmmm what should my 6th link be? My current helmet is fp GMP coc barrage. I was thinking maybe ice spear or arctic breath for my 6th link?

Trying out every projectile spell haha including ball lightning, etc.
IGN: _Jacky
Last edited by fire99966 on Jan 22, 2015, 2:45:53 PM
"
fire99966 wrote:
Hmmm what should my 6th link be? My current helmet is fp GMP coc barrage. I was thinking maybe ice spear or arctic breath for my 6th link?

Trying out every projectile spell haha including ball lightning, etc.

I dunno. You could try barrage for making it double 5L with two spells, if you can figure out a good way to get power charges otherwise. Maybe dick around with pierce & frost wall or something. Replace PCOC with Curse on Hit + Assmark. Most likely the most effective use will be Arctic Breath, Ice spear or Freezing Pulse.
Oh good idea, ill try that once I can roll 3 greens on this thing..
Last edited by fire99966 on Jan 22, 2015, 4:05:50 PM
"
dweeblebum wrote:
"
emb wrote:

You could just use the helmet for the 5L, assuming you mean you've got the CoC corruption.

I edited my sparse take on leveling a bit. Maybe it helps you:

Spoiler

Level with whatever you like until lvl 71 when you can make this passive tree. I leveled with Flameblast, using Cloak of Flame, 2x Mokou's, Atziri's Foible, as high AA as I could, Herald of Thunder curse on hit elemental weakness, and FB+echo+prolif+faster casting for links. My tree looked something like this for the useful parts before I respecced.

I ment i got the "cheap" (Regular helm) without the 5l chest. And im getting rather tired of flameblast.

I shoulda done more research before i started i didnt know i had to have a 2 ex costy 5l chest to switch to coc.
Love your build Dweeb. Here is a video I did last night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HNPK2cbUQs&feature=youtu.be

Is this wand viable? I need some accuracy :(

Using:

I've been working on something very similar, but without three dragons.

Build:

Essentially convert all damage to fire, then mitigate it with AA. A 6L body that isn't tabula is obviously optimal, but this works well for now. Currently experimenting with self cast projectile weakness for tricky P link / can't die packs.

Gear:
IGN: Starlight_Seraphim

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info