[ 1.3 ] Burning Arrow Ignite Prolife Trapper - fast clear - boss killer - hardcore - very cheap

new build of the week is now a burning arrow trapper maurauder; should have been your build! Using it with clever construction is alot better than without.
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
I am using this build in the 1 month event and I had to use 160 (!!!) chromatics on the deerstalker in order to get the right colors. So my deerstalker was not 1 chaos but half an exalted :D
With the chin sol I got lucky and got it for around 10 chaos (all the other buyouts were asking for 1ex)
All in all this build was pretty mediocre to level until lvl 62. But once you are lvl 62 your damage gets doubled and it is a really good build.
So I'd say that this build is reasonably suited for new leagues if you are not as unlucky as I was.
Just to recap: 2B1R1G on a dex item is 3.4% so on average you need 29 chroms to get this.
Instead I had to waste 160 chroms on it :D
Im planing to use this build in the One Month Flashback Event (Hardcore). It should be perfect for such a really difficult league.

This might be the last time im using this build because of the Elemental Proliferation nerfs in Closed Beta. The 30 % less dmg would be fine but the 12 radius is just way too small to make it an effective aoe.

I also updated my Build. Comparing fire penetration and weapon elemental damage as your 5 link for burning arrow.
Last edited by rambo50 on May 8, 2015, 6:54:02 AM
Two questions:

1. Will this still work with 2.0?

2. How about groups on higher lvl maps?

So I had a shadow sitting around with a full respec and I decided to try out this build, I'm level 74 now and have a few points to spend. This build has been really fun so far by the way so thanks. I think I might pick up the two fire dmg nodes and celestial judgement on the west edge of the tree instead of some of the area nodes in the Templar section.

As I was looking around seeing about picking up a little dex for easier gearing I saw the holy fire node (45% burning dmg) was near a +30 dex node only two nodes of my main path. Has anyone tried that out with this build, it seems really good, but it is increased damage vs. more damage so I'm not sure how it would be in practice. So I'm thinking I could go for holy fire and celestial judgement, and leave off everything past elementalist in the templar area. Any thoughts on this?
"
Leanfear wrote:
Two questions:

1. Will this still work with 2.0?

2. How about groups on higher lvl maps?

1. No, if they keep the nerfs to Elemental Proliferation. But if they wouldnt have changed the AoE of ele prolif it would acutally be stronger, even with the less dmg modifier.

2. Ofc its group viable the damage is high enough.
Last edited by rambo50 on Jul 5, 2015, 9:48:37 AM
"
Dokyo wrote:
So I had a shadow sitting around with a full respec and I decided to try out this build, I'm level 74 now and have a few points to spend. This build has been really fun so far by the way so thanks. I think I might pick up the two fire dmg nodes and celestial judgement on the west edge of the tree instead of some of the area nodes in the Templar section.

As I was looking around seeing about picking up a little dex for easier gearing I saw the holy fire node (45% burning dmg) was near a +30 dex node only two nodes of my main path. Has anyone tried that out with this build, it seems really good, but it is increased damage vs. more damage so I'm not sure how it would be in practice. So I'm thinking I could go for holy fire and celestial judgement, and leave off everything past elementalist in the templar area. Any thoughts on this?

I wouldnt drop aoe for damage. Damage isnt really a problem, so you rather wanna hit more stuff, lets you clear faster.

You could get the 30 dex node and holy fire but I would respec out of it later.
Anyone want to update to 2.0? Please :)
any decent trap build for 2.0 (hc)?
Respecc'd my character back into what I felt was correct. The damage is still there, the aoe is not. What used to be one burning arrow trap for a pack is now closer to 3-4.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info