Bored. Any ideas?

"
BackwoodsS wrote:
I consider NOT rolling -max part of being smart in HC. Ye balls be bigger than mine. I am inspired to try to kill myself on map mods now, ty.

:D Largely depends on my mood and how many times I've died recently. Some days I'm in full "you roll it, you run it" mode. Ooh cool, rolled pack size/rare/magic monsters on this map. Alt it, fuck. Vulnerability/Exposure/etc. Well, fuck it. Let's do it for shits and giggles and see what happens. That was last night where I rolled players are cursed with Ele Weakness, and I thought, "well I have some overcapped resists, I think I'll be okay." Walked into the map, saw I had resists in the 40s/50s. Wellllll, with careful play I SHOULD be okay right? Did just fine!

Other days though yeah, the more practical part of the brain of survivability kicks in, and rerolls the map.

"
I can't agree with this enough. While I can understand the fun of steam rolling content with whatever mirror gear pew pew glass cannon build, it is fun for what? 5 mins? Sort of like god mode in doom. Fun for a bit, but whats the point of playing again? Play HC, avoid trading (at least selling, earn the currency), learn how to actually win the game. Nothing is more exhilarating than putting all of your play time, all of your best gear on the line to see if you measure up.

I'd like to echo this sentiment too. I know I'll never really be 'rich' in the game because death is inevitable. Sure if I can get a character going into the 80s and keep it alive a long time, currency will accumulate since upgrades become rarer (though more expensive of course), and gearing out new toons is pricey. Having multiple GMPs or Multistrikes or other popular gems add up, and every new character is a new sink in currency for gems and gear. Pretty much every new character I start from the ground up with whatever currency I have left over. It's both an exhilarating and apprehensive feeling whenever you make a big and likely expensive upgrade. I just sunk X exalts or chaos into this new piece of gear or quality gem, I'm so much stronger! But fuck, if I die, that's all that $ down the drain. Oh well, let's not die!

But it's so satisfying when you are able to sustain your character, not die, keep farming, and just... enjoy the game.
IGN- Vyvanne | Voxxvi (Tempest League)
Vyvanne's Odds and Bods Boutique - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1311497
Get naked, oil yourself up, wrap some soap around both your hands and feet. Go outside and see how far you can make it.

The sky's the limit
Oblivious
"
Disrupted wrote:
Get naked, oil yourself up, wrap some soap around both your hands and feet. Go outside and see how far you can make it.

The sky's the limit

I think you mean, 'the ground's the limit'
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Jan 7, 2015, 10:38:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info