Bored. Any ideas?

Try magic find (IIQ/IIR), best gameplay for POE.
I like collecting shit and giving shit away, seems to pass the time.

But yeah, the CZs are fun to farm, Atziri is fun to run, rolling stupid as hell mods on maps can be insanely fun and challenging.

There are quite a few maps, if you chain them in different orders from 66-78 and back, you don't get bored with the repetition as quickly, and you'd be surprised how many interesting drops you'll get.

Once you get all the cool drops, you can build all the cool builds. CI CoC ST? How about a Facebreaker RT Cyclone? CoC Firestorm Stun Build? Tornadao Shot Mirror Clone Summoner?

PoE is your oyster, dude, it is what you make it. From the dizzy heights of economic kingship, to the gritty, blood soaked murdering of mobs, the saintly helping of other players in need, to the complex and complicated scamming of others out of their hard won loot.

Don't play the game, man. Live it. Love it. Support it :)

== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Jan 7, 2015, 3:38:37 AM
I like building around random uniques or unused skills. Currently focusing on the +18% all staff (can't remember the name lol). I waited until lvl 50 or so to equip and learned it has a neeto aura effect. Bonus! Build is going great ;)
"
alxuser890 wrote:
Try magic find (IIQ/IIR), best gameplay for POE.

Stahp.

What about low level dueling? I get the sense that not many people care about PvP, but maybe there's potential for fun there.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
I'll echo a sentiment above-- stop skipping certain bosses. Figure out how to kill them. That in and of itself is a worthy diversion.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
"
Antnee wrote:
I'll echo a sentiment above-- stop skipping certain bosses. Figure out how to kill them. That in and of itself is a worthy diversion.
Famous last words for me since I only play HC. I am stubborn and insist on killing everything and anything I see, regardless of the risks. I die? Oh well. Back to lvl 1, let's grind the levels again and not die next time.

Nothing's quite as exhilarating as rolling -max resists/vulnerability/fleet/extra damage on a map, walking right into it, and inching your way, room by room, knowing death is a mere split second away if you fuck up once. Even if you don't fuck up, if you happen to desync at the wrong time, pop.

Judging from your posts and desires to not level characters, you do not play HC. Unfortunately it seems we're at an impasse when it comes to game mentality of what is "fun" in the game. However, if you want to try something new, you'd be surprised at how enjoyable the game can be when you're starting from scratch again.

Like Charan said in his earlier posts, self found/other restrictions/etc can make for an enjoyable experience you may not immediately see until you're actually playing. Twinking new characters with lowbie uniques/leveling gear/etc is great and all, but do you remember when you first started playing the game? When you had no idea what passives were good to take, you saw this massive 1000+ point tree and thought "what the fuck, how am I ever going to learn all this?!" When you picked up random gems and thought "hey this looks cool" or studying new items.

In that vein, starting on the Bloodline league might bring a little bit of that magic back, even if only if it's to learn what each of the BL mods do.
IGN- Vyvanne | Voxxvi (Tempest League)
Vyvanne's Odds and Bods Boutique - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1311497
You should try SMITE.
IGN: lVlage (96 Witch)
"
Vyvanne wrote:
Nothing's quite as exhilarating as rolling -max resists/vulnerability/fleet/extra damage on a map, walking right into it, and inching your way, room by room, knowing death is a mere split second away if you fuck up once. Even if you don't fuck up, if you happen to desync at the wrong time, pop.

I consider NOT rolling -max part of being smart in HC. Ye balls be bigger than mine. I am inspired to try to kill myself on map mods now, ty.

"
Judging from your posts and desires to not level characters, you do not play HC. Unfortunately it seems we're at an impasse when it comes to game mentality of what is "fun" in the game. However, if you want to try something new, you'd be surprised at how enjoyable the game can be when you're starting from scratch again.

Like Charan said in his earlier posts, self found/other restrictions/etc can make for an enjoyable experience you may not immediately see until you're actually playing.

I can't agree with this enough. While I can understand the fun of steam rolling content with whatever mirror gear pew pew glass cannon build, it is fun for what? 5 mins? Sort of like god mode in doom. Fun for a bit, but whats the point of playing again? Play HC, avoid trading (at least selling, earn the currency), learn how to actually win the game. Nothing is more exhilarating than putting all of your play time, all of your best gear on the line to see if you measure up.
It could help having a goal like this guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAvxSMblnX4
Wtf are all those threads.

JUst quit the game, just stop playing it, are u kiddin me?

Is there nothing else in your life then playing POE?

If you bored of POE, stop playing it.

And get a job goddamnit.
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get me.
Last edited by KalHirol on Jan 7, 2015, 12:52:48 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info