Bored. Any ideas?

I took a year long break and came back a week ago. I'm level 81 CoC CI ST and stomping everything. I'm doing level 72-73 maps easily and only skipping certain bosses. Sales are going well and I'm finding decent stuff.

The problem is that I'm bored of doing map after map. What else is there to do? I have no interest in pvp or races, leveling characterrs in painful for me. I tried organizing a 6 man piety farming group and mostly noobs joined and the whole group broke after an hour.

What can I do to bring the fun back? I woke up today with zero desire to play it's due to how repetitive the game is. How good are Dominus runs? Do enough people have interest to keep a group going?

The message board is basically all about trading and it seems like not many people spot my group forming posts.

What the hell can I do? Lol.
Tried atziri? The first runs are alot of fun
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
"
Tried atziri? The first runs are alot of fun

Actually, I did not. That is the kind of thing that could be fun and more ideas are greatly appreciated. I am in an odd mood because I like the game and kind of want to play but it's just so repetitive that it's killing my enjoyment. What do I need to fight Atziri, the 3 sacrifice items?
GGG would suggest making a new character. That's why there's all this content outside of maps and why there are character slots on your account.

I suggest the same.

If a new character is out, then...
- Run corrupted frags for sac sets and go kill Atziri a bunch. Sell your Hopes/good drops unless you're mega-geared.
- Try and squeeze more magic find onto your character (hurting your damage and survivability) and redo those same 72-73 maps. Then roll harder maps that give more quant (-max, vuln, eleweak, shotgunning, etc).
- PvP
- Races
"
pneuma wrote:
GGG would suggest making a new character. That's why there's all this content outside of maps and why there are character slots on your account.

I suggest the same.

If a new character is out, then...
- Run corrupted frags for sac sets and go kill Atziri a bunch. Sell your Hopes/good drops unless you're mega-geared.
- Try and squeeze more magic find onto your character (hurting your damage and survivability) and redo those same 72-73 maps. Then roll harder maps that give more quant (-max, vuln, eleweak, shotgunning, etc).
- PvP
- Races

What are corrupted frags? Do you mean corrupted areas? Also, is there any place that is particularly good for doing this?

To get into Atziri, you need one of each of the Sacrifice pieces.

You can put a single piece into the map device which opens a random blue corrupted zone with a boss and vaal vessel at the end. The vessel gives you another Sacrifice piece or a Vaal skill gem, effectively allowing you to "roll up" your common sac pieces into better ones.

"Sacrifice at Midnight" is the rarest of the sac pieces, so just run all your Sacrifice at Dusk/Dawn and extra Noons until you get Midnights. Each time you get a full set, you can fight Atziri.

It's a good way to pass the time and use up a bunch of the excess Dusk/Dawns you'll have from finding CZs in other places. The maps are really short, it's fast-paced, yada yada.
Uh, come up with a new build? There are plenty of builds that have yet to be made and plenty of exploits that have yet to be discovered/advertised. Making something weird work in a HC challenge league is probably the most interesting way for me to play.

If not for all the crashing lately I probably would have done a maligaro's restrait + 2x mokou's embrace something or another in Bloodlines.
Last edited by BearCares on Jan 6, 2015, 7:29:32 PM
"
pneuma wrote:

You can put a single piece into the map device which opens a random blue corrupted zone with a boss and vaal vessel at the end. The vessel gives you another Sacrifice piece or a Vaal skill gem, effectively allowing you to "roll up" your common sac pieces into better ones.

"Sacrifice at Midnight" is the rarest of the sac pieces, so just run all your Sacrifice at Dusk/Dawn and extra Noons until you get Midnights. Each time you get a full set, you can fight Atziri.

It's a good way to pass the time and use up a bunch of the excess Dusk/Dawns you'll have from finding CZs in other places. The maps are really short, it's fast-paced, yada yada.

That sounds pretty cool. Glad to see there are some other activities I can do. Thanks for the advice.

To everyone suggesting I level a new character: I am a theory crafter by nature but any time I decide to try poe again I am never sure if I'll stick with it so I just grab the first build I find online. As it turned out, the one I chose was a disaster and I had to rework what I had into my current build which worked out pretty well. I have no idea what ideas are new as I don't do any research on builds.

I do like the idea of trying new builds but leveling is so tedious to me that the last time I tried poe I quit at level 10 or less. I know a lot of people find it fun but to me it is a low challenge time sink. Yes, there are techniques which allow one to level up very quickly but I don't have the interest to learn or practice them.

"
pneuma wrote:

Also can use Vaal orb on maps to corrupt them, this gives the map boss a chance to drop a vaal frag or vaal skill gem like the CZ bosses but without having to use a fragment - especially useful if you don't have many frags already and can't be assed running areas to find CZs. Course only do this is you don't like using vaal orbs for anything else (ie bricking uniques :-) I corrupt maps with multiple bosses (Courtyard, Museum etc) to give more chance to get multiple frags drop from bosses. Also Vaaling maps can result in some ridiculously hard (fun?) maps that you might not "stomp" thru with I think up to 8 mods, such as:

Spoiler

... or turn a map unid ((with same mods it had) giving additional 30pc quant bonus. Amongst some other effects some of which might not be desireable so check the wiki for possible results (don't have the link).
"
cdchi1 wrote:
"
pneuma wrote:

Also can use Vaal orb on maps to corrupt them, this gives the map boss a chance to drop a vaal frag or vaal skill gem like the CZ bosses but without having to use a fragment - especially useful if you don't have many frags already and can't be assed running areas to find CZs. Course only do this is you don't like using vaal orbs for anything else (ie bricking uniques :-) I corrupt maps with multiple bosses (Courtyard, Museum etc) to give more chance to get multiple frags drop from bosses. Also Vaaling maps can result in some ridiculously hard (fun?) maps that you might not "stomp" thru with I think up to 8 mods, such as:

Spoiler

... or turn a map unid ((with same mods it had) giving additional 30pc quant bonus. Amongst some other effects some of which might not be desireable so check the wiki for possible results (don't have the link).

Great ideas, thank you :) In the old days I used to alch all my 70+ maps and get a shitload of drops. I guess that might never have been standard as it seems people these days still do blue maps with pack size or magic monsters. I've been doing that this time around but it's made things really easy.

Are Vaal skill gems any good? I don't have many now and back when I used to play I thought they all sucked, at least the ones I had found.

I guess the lack of challenge might be putting my to sleep, I suppose that's what happens when you intentionally do easy maps. But I'm only level 81 I was trying to get up to a more reasonable level so I can reach the highest maps.

I'd like to know what people think about using alchemy and vaal orbs on maps is. Everyone I talk to just does blue maps but I always found rare maps to be really fun and rewarding.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info